(11-25-2004) More on the New U2.com Memberships -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with Elevation1975 - This is TOTALLY unfair! I subscribed to Prop 17 years ago and collected every single issue! My fee ran out at the very last issue.

So I'm feeling pretty much the same as you right now!
I don't care if I have to pay $40....I'm not owed issues or money from propaganda. But I find it unfair that old subscribers get to the front of the line for pre-sales over new members. I was subscribing to Prop before some newer fans were even born!!!! Loyalty gets you nowhere it would seem.

ewen said:
I've been in touch with PM (Principle Management that is and not the Prime Minster) regarding not receiving the Propaganda letter due to my change of address over two years ago and not informing Propaganda - didn't see the point as it had deceased. Anyway I got a reply from them yesterday saying that they'll sort it out for me next week.

"Whoopee for you" you might be saying, well let me finish...if you are a Propaganda subscriber and have changed address then I'm willing to collate and pass on peoples' details. I'm only doing this for Propaganda subscribers so don't waste PMs or my time if you're not. I'll need to know what address you think they have and obviously what your new one is.

Sorry, I'm not at liberty to give out my PM contact's details here.

I e-mailed them my address change and since I am not home right now I am not sure if I have received the letter. Are you able to contact them to confirm if they have updated addresses for those who submittted address changes?

Well, heres my take...I had an active propaganda membership, paid and current, current address and still no letter, card or random number to sign up for the online membership.

I feel that in some way they should be able to find out who back and past members are since we were all assigned Propaganda membership ID numbers and let those people sign up as well in some other way. Example, let us sign up for the Club, pay the 40.00, and then we would be able to write the online fan club and explain our situation. The rest of the stuff is nice, but I will say the best part of being a member for over 10 years is the tickets. If former prop members are getting priority, I want in too! I shouldnt have to be relegated to the back of the line since they never sent me a letter or the mailman lost it.

Sue7465 said:
Has anyone actually bought their membership on U2.com yet?
I tried, as the link is there in the Shop. But when you click on Add 2 Basket, it goes back to the homepage. Is this just me, or has everyone else had this happen?

The same thing happened when I tried to add the membership to my cart.

Tech said:
The only thing is that we have to buy it berfore the 30th of Nov. I wonder if they will have the site ready to go before the deadline!

The card says "entitles Propaganda members to join U2.com for an introductory rate. Valid until 30th November 2005" - not 2004.

Last time I moved, it was in a rush. My apartment complex was a nightmare, a house in a good area became available, and I packed and moved everything -- while still working ten hour shifts every day -- over a long weekend. The last issue due on my Prop subscription of course managed to totally miss the change of address forms I had filled out. I remember contacting them about having changing my address and having the issue re-sent, but there were no copies left. I seem to recall some promise of an extension for the next issue... which was, of course, never published. Never got that last issue, never got the next issue, still haven't recieved any letter.

Ewen, if your source would care to check, I'd be interested to know if Prop still knows I'm here. I don't think there are any other members in my town, as I tragically seem to be the only U2 fan around here; shouldn't be too hard to find my info if it's there.

Hi, I'm new to this board but not to U2. I've been a fan since 1983/84 and a member of Propaganda since 1992. I'm owed issues on my subscription (which of course I'll never receive), and have yet to get my letter. In the past when getting tickets through Prop. you were only allowed a max of 2 tickets to one show and no more than one show. I'm hoping against hope that U2 will consider doing things the way Prince did on his Musicology tour. 1) He performed in-the-round, which was great in the arena. 2) After joining his club for a lifetime $25 fee (I know that's not gonna happen), you could purchase a max of 2 tickets per show to as many shows as you wanted with the tickets at the Will Call booth for pickup. I live in the Chicago area where he performed 5 shows. I purchased 2 tickets through Ticketmaster for the first show and ended up in the last row. I purchased 2 tickets for 2 other shows through the club and both nights I was in the 2nd row. I could see the man's sweat rolling down his face. The third night he exited the stage at one point right in front of us. So needless to say I'm spoiled now. No matter what, I will be going to as many shows as I can. Now if only that letter would show up.:hmm:

I was able to sign up for the new fan club on the morning of the 23rd. I went and picked up the new CD, went straight to work and signed up. I got a receipt for $40 via email and checked my credit card online and they charged it. Later that day though, they pulled the capabilities of signing up. I am not sure what has happened but I have a phone number and email in case I end up getting screwed for signing up early.

I have never bought through the fan club, I have just gone through ticketmaster (ugh!). When I went to the Cleveland Elevation show, the GA and $45 tickets sold out the day they went on sale. However, when I was driving to the arena, they announced over the radio that there were seats available but they were the "gold circle" expensive seats. First of all, is this normal that the cheap seats go first and the expensive seats remain available? And do you have the option to choose what you want to pay when you do it through the fan club?

Finally, if I can only buy two for ONE show on the entire tour, I will not be happy to have shelled out the $40. I had planned on hitting 3-4 shows on this upcoming tour. I finally have some money to spend on multiple shows.

Last edited:
I got my letter today in the mail also just like EPandAmerica, and it was also post marked November 22, which was sent out this past Monday. The returned address on the envelope said U2.com and not Propaganda. It was sent out from El Dorado Hills CA. Also enclosed was a membership card that looks like a credit card with a special code on the back. I have been a member of Propaganda for over a decade. Hope all Prop members will receive their letters soon.

tiny dancer said:
I got my letter today in the mail also just like EPandAmerica, and it was also post marked November 22, which was sent out this past Monday. The returned address on the envelope said U2.com and not Propaganda. It was sent out from El Dorado Hills CA. Also enclosed was a membership card that looks like a credit card with a special code on the back. I have been a member of Propaganda for over a decade. Hope all Prop members will receive their letters soon.

I think it got sent to my home address in Washington State cuz my mom said i got somethin from u2, lol soo i had her fwd it to me an i should get it by monday/tuesday here in Arizona.

I know i did an address change in July, dammit.. so i don't know what happened there!

If it's any help to anyone..

I called the U2.com FanFire number (1-800-615-1324) and gave them all my name, address, phone number and old Prop membership # info and asked them everything I wanted to know. One of my questions was whether they'd be going strictly by current memberships or if they'd be using the old master database to update their current member list. Some of my questions were answered today in this online letter..

They said they'd contact me by phone later this week, possibly Monday.

I recieved my letter and card today. So guys clear this up for me if you can, does the fact that I recieved a letter mean that my subscription to Prop is still active? I have no ideal if I was still owed issues or not. Thanks.

jesseu2 said:

I think it got sent to my home address in Washington State cuz my mom said i got somethin from u2, lol soo i had her fwd it to me an i should get it by monday/tuesday here in Arizona.

I know i did an address change in July, dammit.. so i don't know what happened there!

So you got your letter at your addy at home? Hmm, this could bode well for me....

I certainly hope so!

jesseu2 said:

I changed my address with prop a couple of months ago and received an email from them saying they updated my contact info. However, the letter I received last week was sent to my old address anyway but luckily the post office is still forwarding my mail to my new address. I moved a year ago. So even though you changed your address with them, they may still send the letter to your old address like they did with me.

U2NSTLOU said:
I recieved my letter and card today. So guys clear this up for me if you can, does the fact that I recieved a letter mean that my subscription to Prop is still active? I have no ideal if I was still owed issues or not. Thanks.

If you received a letter from U2.com with your card, then yes, that means you still had issues owing to you with Propaganda.

Those who's subscription had run out will not be getting a letter and will have to join U2.com for the full price.

help?

I have npt recived a card or anything form u2.com regarding propaganda membrship? Do you have any suggestions? I joined mailing list at u2.com. I am a propaganda memeber and would like to joiong u2.com for the $20??? I have not seen a way to do that?
Thanks

Sue7465 said:

If you received a letter from U2.com with your card, then yes, that means you still had issues owing to you with Propaganda.

Those who's subscription had run out will not be getting a letter and will have to join U2.com for the full price.
I know my subscriptio has not run out but still have recieved nothing

Everywhere on the net there's fans discussing the Propaganda letter. Some
received them already, some not. Some people from the USA received them,
some not. As I understand lots of people from the UK got it, some people
from France and other European countries got it, others (like me) don't.

I can't figure out the system Propaganda used in sending those letters.
Don't even know how many letters (how many prop subscribers do they have?)
where being sent.

Is it done by name, or by subsciption number?

They should have sent all letters on the same day, so within a week all
subscribers should have received it. Now some people are getting really
nervous. I'm one of them!

Sue7465 said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me Sue.

Just wondering, why do people think that "You will be able to buy two tickets for any indoor U2 show or four tickets for any outdoor U2 show" means you will be limited to a single show? Don't you think they would have said that you can buy two tickets for a single U2 show if they meant only one? I would take "any" to mean any U2 shows you want, with a limit of 2 tickets per show. I remember that with Elevation you could get 2 tickets for 2 shows. I'm not sure why they'd limit it like this.

plot180 - I hope you are correct in us being able to get 2 tickets per show. That would put a huge smile on my face! :cool:

I remember that with Elevation you could get 2 tickets for 2 shows. I'm not sure why they'd limit it like this.

You're right about the Elevation Tour, you could get 2 tickets for 2 different shows (4 tickets in total). But you couldn't get 4 for 1 show. I hope U2 is doing the same this time.

But I'm afraid it's not going to be like that, considering Propaganda was big already, but right now it's easy to join the online fanclub (once the new site is in the air). So they expect a lot new subscribers.

Last edited:
ewen said:
I've been in touch with PM (Principle Management that is and not the Prime Minster) regarding not receiving the Propaganda letter due to my change of address over two years ago and not informing Propaganda - didn't see the point as it had deceased. Anyway I got a reply from them yesterday saying that they'll sort it out for me next week.

"Whoopee for you" you might be saying, well let me finish...if you are a Propaganda subscriber and have changed address then I'm willing to collate and pass on peoples' details. I'm only doing this for Propaganda subscribers so don't waste PMs or my time if you're not. I'll need to know what address you think they have and obviously what your new one is.

Sorry, I'm not at liberty to give out my PM contact's details here.

I don't know if it's too late to ask for your help on this, but I'm having exactly the same problem and I'd really appreciate it if you could add my name to your list. I tried PMing you with my information, but I was told you could not receive PMs. I don't want to post my address here, so could you possibly email me, so I can send you my info? My addy is: shakymcgoogle@yahoo.com Or if there's another way I can contact you, please let me know. Thanks.

I got a letter on Friday but still can't get the site to work.

Has anyone been able to add the subscription to their shopping cart (and actually purchase it with the prop id#)?

It just routed me back to the u2.com homepage...what the F?

All you guys have to wait until the new U2 site is launched. For some of us that's no problem as we still haven't found (a letter) what we were looking for....

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

I don't know if it's too late to ask for your help on this, but I'm having exactly the same problem and I'd really appreciate it if you could add my name to your list. I tried PMing you with my information, but I was told you could not receive PMs. I don't want to post my address here, so could you possibly email me, so I can send you my info? My addy is: shakymcgoogle@yahoo.com Or if there's another way I can contact you, please let me know. Thanks.

Okay, firstly to answer the above and the other two (i think) requests for me to help by forwarding your details.... I am still waiting for my contact to sort out my own predicament, once she gets back to me (she said this week) then I'll forward the info. As for how to do this - I will post my email address here.

Secondly, can people "cool it" about the registering thing please! The new site's not live!! jeez. Be patient like the rest of us, surely the main concern at the moment is for Propaganda subscribers who haven't received their letter.

Last edited:
ewen said:

Secondly, can people "cool it" about the registering thing please! The new site's not live!! jeez. Be patient like the rest of us, surely the main concern at the moment is for Propaganda subscribers who haven't received their letter.

Agree that we all need to remain calm (although so hard given all the buzz and the new album). I hope that you all get your letters very soon (I'm sure you will).

I think what is adding to the confusion is the fact that you could access the 'subscribe' page this morning so it looked like registration was already open when, obviously, it was not.

A friend just emailed to let me know that she just got this message when she tried to access the U2 shop:

The official U2.com Store is down while we restock and prepare for the
launch of the new U2.com...

check back very soon!

Back
Top Bottom