(07-04-2006) U2 Is in the Studio -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Is in the Studio

In its latest e-mail to subscribers, U2.com had the following to say about the band's plans for the summer:

U2 are off the road and spending some time working on new songs in the recording studio.

Bono had talked about writing new songs recently so it's exciting to see that those songs could be finding their way to tape right now.

No word on what project this studio work is for but stay tuned to Interference.com for updates.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

They're working on Best Of 2000-2010........HTDAAB was their last full album. Larry told me so.

I HIGHLY doubt this a new album of some sort. More like a single for a greatest hits album or a soundtrack song. I see U2 releasing one more full length album (maybe) and then calling it quits.

Hopefully they do call it quits at that point before they become the butt of the jokes geared towards The Rolling Stones.

PhoenixGNX said:
I HIGHLY doubt this a new album of some sort. More like a single for a greatest hits album or a soundtrack song. I see U2 releasing one more full length album (maybe) and then calling it quits.

Hopefully they do call it quits at that point before they become the butt of the jokes geared towards The Rolling Stones.

They don't have enough material for a 3rd best of cd.

And I don't think they're in the studio specifically working on a new album. They're just in a studio laying down blueprints for songs while they have free time to work on later after the tour is over.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I'm pretty sure it will be a new album, I'm old enough to remember when an album every two years from them wasn't unusual. I know they have it in them and I think they realised that the rate of their musical output has become a bit of a cliche e.g 4-5 year gaps. I think there will be a new album before Christmas!!

That's cool news.....!!!!!

A spring 2007 album would be good!!!! But I think it is impossible to speculate about this..... even U2 themselves don't know when it will be out, if it will....

I'm very confident we'll have atleast 3 more new albums from them, why would they build a brand new recording studio if they were only going to release 1 more album and then a best of? They'll probably just tour less within 5-7 years, but if they keep on selling out places why stop? Guaranteed to stop touring within 10 years, but recording can go on for a long time!

Bono - Scat vocals
Edge - Beatbox
Adam - Synth bass programming
Larry - ABSENT

I must say that they are in an unusual space, a huge gap between the tour, free time, Bono 'de-emphasising' his political work and I agree with the point that the 4-5 year output is becoming a cliche. The last 2 albums and tours have proved to the band that they can still cut it at the top of their game, so I hope they will dive into some really creative sessions with a sense of youthful abandon.

Maybe wishful thinking but I love the idea that we could have a new album by the end of the year or at least next year.

I do recall Adam in an interview saying that they are committed to at least two more albums.

Bring it on fellas.

I had a vision the other night. In my vision, the words "kneel" and "knees" were nowhere to be found on the next album.

Someone remind me of this post when the new album comes out...

Back
Top Bottom