WEEK 81

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Here are Irish, Canadian, and US chart results for ATYCLB in week 80/81:

Ireland #32
Canada #67
United States #107

For almost a year now, I have attempted to track ATYCLB progress worldwide often on a weekly basis. The website www.lanet.lv/misc/charts has album chart info for Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Brazil. As of last week though, ATYCLB only ranked in three of the above countries. Many of the above countries, ATYCLB has not charted in months while in the others it has been gone for weeks. In light of the fact that the promotion period for ATYCLB is essentially over and that the album has been out a year and half, I do not expect ATYCLB to return to chart in most of these countries any time soon, and only in the future do to a sale and other U2 promotion not directly related to ATYCLB. Because of this, I will now stop hunting through the charts of 20 different countries in search of ATYCLB. I'll continue to watch with everyone though its progress on the USA, Irish, and Canadian charts, the only countries where ATYCLB is still charting. I'll also attempt to add estimated sales from those three countries to the worldwide figure. Of course ATYCLB is still selling everywhere, just not at a level that can be tracked in those countries.

Anyways, Total USA sales last week were 11,712. Total USA sales to date are 3,849,852 copies. Estimated sales in Ireland for this past week are 412, in Canada 1,517. Total sales of ATYCLB are now estimated at 10,858,852.

Hello,

ATYCLB has been off the charts for a few weeks now, but two weeks ago The Best Of 1980-1990 re-entered the charts again (for its 11th chart run). Last week I thought the album had slipped off the charts but somehow I missed it as it did chart. I guess I didn't look high enough.
smile.gif

The week The Best Of... rises from #66 to #55 in its 122nd week on the charts.
Its 11th chart run is:
93-66-55

Hopefully this is the begin of another great run.

C ya!

Marty

P.S. (Numbers courtesy of Mega Top 100, http://web.planet.nl/music/charts/megatop100/ )

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Thanks for the updates guys! it's great to read them.

------------------
"Yours is the heaven that lies in the common dust,
and you are there for me, you are there for all."
~Rabindra Rachnavali

*Take Me Higher*

Doctor Who,
Any word from Melissa? If she does not respond, I guess will have to wait until Tuesday to look at the magazine itself to find where ATYCLB is. Monday is Memorial day and I excpect the newstands to be closed.

Originally posted by STING2:
Doctor Who,
Any word from Melissa? If she does not respond, I guess will have to wait until Tuesday to look at the magazine itself to find where ATYCLB is. Monday is Memorial day and I excpect the newstands to be closed.

No, nothing yet.
frown.gif

However, sometimes she does send things late. Or if she misses a week, but sends the following week, I still get the data for both weeks.

For now, if I don't get anything, we'll do what you said. Then, we'll estimate sales based on the ranking you find.

Back
Top Bottom