Songs of Experience - Let The Chart Speculation Begin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Worldwide iTunes Album Chart - 2017/12/01 - ending at Midnight for each day (24 hours)

Pos P+ Artist and Title Days Pk(x?)

1 +9 U2 - Songs of Experience 2 1 (x1)
2 -1 Taylor Swift - reputation 22 1(x21)

SOE was #1 on just about every country's i-tunes chart at some point on Dec 1.

Also, it debuted at #9 for Nov 30; not sure if that was due to the album getting leaked or time zones or pre-sales....

Last edited:
According to HDD things look like this:

U2 (Interscope) 175-195k SPS, 170-190k album
Chris Stapleton (Mercury Nashville) 110-125k, 95-110k
Miguel (ByStorm/RCA) 30-35k, 11-14k

link Here

They say the battle for #1 is between u2 and tswift

link Here

Wow, that’s a lot lower than you would have thought.

link Here

Could hit the 200k point in the first week.200k is very good if they can get it

What's sps mean ?

What's the projected Taylor swift sales?

She did 140k this week which was 40% less then last week. She can't go back up to 200k can she?

Last edited:
Could hit the 200k point in the first week.200k is very good if they can get it

What's sps mean ?

What's the projected Taylor swift sales?

She did 140k this week which was 40% less then last week. She can't go back up to 200k can she?

I believe that “SPS” numbers include streams. You can see how very little “sales” U2 get from outside the tradition (real) sale.

I thought for sure they would hit 350k with this ticket bundle gimmick. I’m scared to see what they sell without the ticket bundle.

Hopefully and likely these projections do not include the promotional SNL performance that should boost sales. I would also imagine U2 will do some more promo this week(late night show or morning show).

As for Taylor, someone noted she released al of her songs to streaming this week but I wouldn’t think that will boost her too much over where she is now but then again I’ve been out of the sales game too long to really be able to judge that.

I believe that “SPS” numbers include streams. You can see how very little “sales” U2 get from outside the tradition (real) sale.

I thought for sure they would hit 350k with this ticket bundle gimmick. I’m scared to see what they sell without the ticket bundle.

Hopefully and likely these projections do not include the promotional SNL performance that should boost sales. I would also imagine U2 will do some more promo this week(late night show or morning show).

As for Taylor, someone noted she released al of her songs to streaming this week but I wouldn’t think that will boost her too much over where she is now but then again I’ve been out of the sales game too long to really be able to judge that.

I know what you mean about the ticket bundle but to be fair I think the large majority of people buying tickets for this tour would have brought the album anyway. Especially after the Joshua tree tour, that would have got rid of the tick u2 off my bucket list fan.

I think 200k in today's market for U2 is very very good. Someone like sam smith only did just over 200k who you would class as a top relevant artist

First week sales in the uk will not be the best I think. It will get to number one but I can't see the sales being high. Liam Gallagher sold 100k and Noel 75k in their first week. If u2 get over 50k I'll be very surprised. Nloth did 150k

I know what you mean about the ticket bundle but to be fair I think the large majority of people buying tickets for this tour would have brought the album anyway. Especially after the Joshua tree tour, that would have got rid of the tick u2 off my bucket list fan.

I think 200k in today's market for U2 is very very good. Someone like sam smith only did just over 200k who you would class as a top relevant artist

190k in sales in the US would be enough to land them in the top 50 best selling albums of the year.

I would venture we will see a huge 2nd week drop around 80% or so but if the album can sell just even another 100k throughout the rest of the holiday season they could end out the year with the top 30 or possibly 25.

Man industry sales are awful now and U2 sales are even worse. I remember with ATYCLB And even Bomb where every album in the top 20 sold over 100k (I want to say there were weeks like Thanksgiving and Xmas that every album in the top 40 sold over 100k).

Sadly slipped to number 4 on uk iTunes :( why don't they promote it here in the uk? Madness

Still #2 in the U.S. iTunes Charts and in the Top 10 in many of the big countries. Impressive for a band in this stage of their career.

Sadly slipped to number 4 on uk iTunes :( why don't they promote it here in the uk? Madness

The record that's gone above it is a Pete tong compilation, Pete tong was all over the X factor last night so the sales of that will go up. The other 2 are now that's what I call xmas which is always going to sell well this time of year and now 98 which also does really well when it's released.

I've seen a fair few tv adverts for the album and it's been advertised a lot on the radio and newspapers. Probably need to do some of the talk shows etc etc

5 now in the uk on iTunes, 4 compilation albums all above it.

I'll be surprised if u2 sell over 50k in the uk this week

When do we find out where it will chart? They need to be over here doing some promotion

Friday. It will get to number one, no doubt about that but I don't think sales will be high. Probably stay around the top ten over xmas then start dropping down.

Pretty sure nloth did 150k in its first week but only went onto sell around 300k. Really plucking my brain now but I'm sure they were the figures.

I've heard the new songs a lot on the radio but there the usual rock stations that always play u2.

Doesn't seem to be a big demand here for new u2. Hopefully I'm wrong though

Friday. It will get to number one, no doubt about that but I don't think sales will be high. Probably stay around the top ten over xmas then start dropping down.

Pretty sure nloth did 150k in its first week but only went onto sell around 300k. Really plucking my brain now but I'm sure they were the figures.

I've heard the new songs a lot on the radio but there the usual rock stations that always play u2.

Doesn't seem to be a big demand here for new u2. Hopefully I'm wrong though

If they took their time to actually do more promotional stuff over here like they do in the US then we might see better numbers, I know there is the BBC thing but that's over a week away, they needed to get on some of the talk shows or even god forbid xfactor etc

According to kworb, Songs of Experience is No. 1 in global album sales on iTunes.

If they took their time to actually do more promotional stuff over here like they do in the US then we might see better numbers, I know there is the BBC thing but that's over a week away, they needed to get on some of the talk shows or even god forbid xfactor etc

No never the X factor, I don't care how desperate they are to sell records. I've always said to my wife that they would never sell out and do it. She would never let me forget it if they did do it :)

It's the final episode tonight aswell. Don't ask how I know that :)

They will be on BBC on 12/19 in time for the big Xmas week.

I would expect some more US promo over this week in addition to Stern. I hope they do a performance on Stern even if it’s only Edge and Bono(Summer of Love anyone).

For what it’s worth, if they don’t tie Love is Bigger in with a movie...it’s a huge missed opportunity. That song is great and has such a positive message (even if some find it sappy). That song is BIG(but not bigger than love because apparently Love is bigger than anything...even this song)

Down to number six on uk iTunes chart :( and number 30 on amazon uk best sellers, mad how low it is on there

Back
Top Bottom