Hits Week 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
starting to show consistency now, but i dont think we can look too much into it until tomorrow, to stay in the top 40 would be nice, with sales around 40,000

Well i doubt this week it will sell 40.000 ...
I predict 20.000 . Wich isn't great by the way...

All I am looking for is a leveling off point which hasnt been shown yet hopefully it will this week though, fingers crossed on that one.

I hope that the sales will be as high or higher than last week. Grammies will help to boost sales this and next week, I hope the fast selling of the tickets too.

NOW IN: 33.62%

If this rate keeps up, HITS will report 37,200 in sales tomorrow and with soundscan finding more hits for the album than HITS, that should put the album over 40,000 for the week! I hope that is the case. It would be great to see the album rebound a little before the the Grammy's, HALL OF FAME take their effect in the coming weeks.

all_i_want said:
how high do you think the figures will go after the grammys and RnR Hall of fame?

In the USA, I think the album will see a 30% increase in sales(from the prior week) after the Grammy awards provided they win their awards. Performing on the show will be a big part of it and they will see an increase regardless if they win or not.

I think the RnR Hall of fame will have a larger effect than the Grammy awards because the importance of the award or achievment is far greater and more important. The band will be the main feature the night of the RnR awards. All artist appearing at the RnR HAll of Fame get a significant boost in album sales in the week following the show.

For the Grammy's, U2 is only nominated in the rock sub-catagory while on ATYCLB, both years they had songs nominated in the major catagories. Of course, next year, U2 will probably be nominated in several of these major catagories as well.

So I predict the Grammy's and Hall of Fame will put U2 back up into the 50,000 to 75,000 sales area for several weeks in the USA.

Best Of 1980-1990 will hit the Top Five on the Catalog Albums chart after the Hall of Fame......my prediction.

47.98%

#1-ENNY CHESNEY-61,277-BE AS YOU ARE
#2-THE GAME-54,037-THE DOCUMENTARY
#3-TINA TURNER-44,495-ALL THE BEST

#33-U2-16,661

Last edited:
My first prediction (#30 with 30k) seems to be good in order to the place, but my sales figure is to low. I think 40k should be possible, this would be an increase of 20% to the last week!

and also an increase in chart position :). a comeback on the cards? specially with the grammys coming

MatejU2 said:
82.99%

U2 #34 with 30,785

Not great numbers here - clearly ABOY isn't having the desired effect- although with 4 new enties ahead at this stage some limited improvement.

Mike

100%
#1-THE GAME-THE DOCUMENTARY 193,165-27%
#2-TINA TURNER-ALL THE BEST-118,841-
#3-GREEN DAY-AMERICAN IDIOT-112,510+23%
#4-KENNY CHESNEY-BE AS YOU ARE -105,239-65%
#5-JOHN LEGEND-GET LIFTED-96,652+64%

#33-U2-34,293+6%

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom