Sochi 2014 - XXII Olympic Winter Games

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Proof that Congress and/or POTUS sucks: no one made it a law that the whole country should have an extended lunch hour at 12:30 to watch the halfpipe final live.

Quick question:

What the hell is up with that sport where the girls ski, then shoot targets, and ski again?

Quick question:

What the hell is up with that sport where the girls ski, then shoot targets, and ski again?

Well that sounds like the best thing ever.

And Ayumu Hirano is awesome...

I appreciate that Shaun kept going, even after he fell. Gonna be impressive to see his second run.

I hope you're kidding right? It's because of the degree of difficulty he's attempting, Podladtchikov is the only one who goes anywhere near the tricks White tries. I wonder if he'll go for a more conservative run in the second round to just make sure to stick the landings.

I'm surprised that after all this time no one attempts the high starts White does in order to get that insane amplitude.

I thought Shi was trying to do that. Seems like this guy may have a bit as well. Super impressive that he kept it up, even after hitting the top of the pipe. These guys are brilliant.

The Russian crowd seems to still love I-Pod despite the fact that he now represents Switzerland.

I'm surprised that after all this time no one attempts the high starts White does in order to get that insane amplitude.

It didn't exactly pay off for him...

At this point, I'll be impressed if anyone can run through the halfpipe without eating it.

Nothing ventured nothing gained, it's certainly the key to what's lead him to be the pioneer he is.

94.75? No one's touching that but Shaun White, and can you imagine the pressure he's under?

Did that fall on the pipe at the end while he was saluting count as a fall? He was still on the pipe...

Well, anyone worrying about America stomping all over people needn't any longer. Davis was bitching about this pipe but other people have made it through...

Well, anyone worrying about America stomping all over people needn't any longer. Davis was bitching about this pipe but other people have made it through...

I didn't read the article yet, but I saw that White was also bitching about the pipe. What's the problem? (though I don't know if I've ever seen so many talented people fall as this.)

Back
Top Bottom