NFL Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great sunday night game, ended up being much better than TB-LV turned out to be.

“Hey guys, let’s not ice the kicker that just missed a FG he was iced on! I’m sure it’ll turn out well! Maybe we can bank it for next week!”
-coach of the team with the worst timeout management for the last decade

Stephon Gilmore's house in Foxboro on the market, requiring offers to be in Nov 3rd at 5 PM, exactly 1 hour after the NFL trade deadline.

Well unfortunately our H2H matchup made almost exactly the same stat-line for Newton and Allen in what was otherwise an entirely run v run game (I didn’t see the on field conditions so I’m not sure if it was wet or windy or cold or something).

Either way, Patriots offense puts up the least non-Jets total against a mediocre Buffalo defense because the patriots are, in fact, not very good. The supposed turnover machine that is Josh Allen in fact turned over the ball against the elite Patriots defense less times than their average turnovers per game (though I didn’t see this this game so I can’t say he deserved the INT or perhaps deserved more INTs).

Bottom line: the only reason the Bills haven’t yet ran away with the division is because the Dolphins (and their supposedly laughable defense) are low key actually performing incredibly well.

10 seconds on the clock in a tie game and the saints kneel it for OT on their own 35 with a time out. Wtf? Why the hell wouldn’t you just try to get to the opposing 40 and see what happens?

What a terrible Sunday night matchup. It feels like Wentz is getting worse week to week.

Yeah I don’t know if Wentz just feels like he’s got nothing to compete for or if the injuries have really slowed him down but he looks turrible.

How are y'all ranking the league's QBs right now? I don't think there are very many good ones and I want to distract myself from watching vote counts so here is my ranking:

1. Mahomes
2. Russ
3. Rodgers
4. Lamar (he's been a bit disappointing this season but I'm still really high on him)
5. Deshaun
6. Brady
7. Kyler

Annnnnnnnnd I don't even know if there are any other QBs worth ranking for me right now. Big Ben and Brees are old as shit which makes Brady and Rodgers look even more impressive. I would put Dak on the list if he wasn't injured.

Believe it or not, Tannehill continues to have a fairly strong season. Also, Herbert has looked really good so far.

And although the Falcons suck, Ryan has been steady. So I would probably round out the top ten with those three.

I’d have Wilson first and Brady higher. Lamar hasn’t been nearly as good. Murray has essentially been what he was last year. At least my fantasy team says so...

Yes, Hewson, how are you ranking the QBs in week 9?
The top 50:

1.Stidham
2. Hoyer
3. Darnold
4. Mahomes
5. Jones
6.Newton
7. DiNucci
8. Wentz
9. Minshew
10. Tua
11. Taylor
12. Carr
13. Wilson
14. Dalton
15. Fitzpatrick
16. Brees
17. Cousins
18. Haskins
19. Stafford
20. Trubisky
21. K. Allen
22. Smith
23. Prescott
24. Roethlisberger
25. Mayfield
26. Garoppolo
27. Herbert
28. Lock
29. Mullens
30. Brady
31. Driskell
32. Jackson
33. Flacco
34. Burrow
35. Foles
36. Keenum
37. Rivers
38. Tannehill
39. Rypien
40. Murray
41. Watson
42. Hill
43. Goff
44. Rodgers
45.Hurts
46. Bridgewater
47. Ryan
48. Beathard
49. An inanimate carbon rod
50. J. Allen

Dolphins defense is exciting to watch.

I do wonder if they'll be a little out of gas in Arizona after that Rams game.

Get it right C.

I said they were complete trash. (And in the early weeks they were, they lost to Cam Newton for cryin' out loud)>

They lost to Cam Newton yes

Who passed for like 150 yards.

Admittedly Cam is still a capable runner, and that’s part of being an NFL QB these days, but a QB needs to be able to pass and run. If he can’t run, it might still work, but it will not work if he can’t pass.

Completed 79% of his passes and had a 100.2 rating.

Sure, because he wasn’t challenged on the ground and therefore passing was easy. Textbook game plan from BB that played out very well.

Now go look what happens when the Patriots D doesn’t control the game and the Patriots can’t rely on run-the-ball-own-the-clock football.

Stupid to cite a QBR for a guy who threw the ball so little. He averaged 3.5 air yards per completion. Legit the whole game was “run” and I will not stand for you citing a good passing game as someone who went 17-19 on little drop-off passes which were basically catches-in-name-only. They were mostly runs with little drop-off passes to the RB or slot receiver.

Fun fact: it’s week 9 and the only team to not have their QB turn the ball over to the Seattle Seahawks is the Buffalo Bills

I'm not sure why I decided to stop picking the Dolphins this week.

What a crazy game. Tua stepped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom