NFL Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
. But at least Favre didn't end his GB career with a pick SIX.

Ehhh... Close enough

gettyimages-79139751.vresize.1024.576.high.60.jpg

Oh look, Wentz isn't playing in a playoff game again because he's injured.

Here's my surprised face

So my NFC pick (Saints) are out. I guess probably the 49ers are the team now but they haven’t been playing all that well leading into the playoffs.

"Hey, Mike, remember that time you won a Super Bowl in my stadium? I'll pay you millions to win there all the time! Good? Alright, I'll introduce you to the hookers."

i'm a big fan of beavis & butthead and king of the hill (office space is great too) so it'll be interesting to see what he can do on the sidelines.

It's a baffling hire, mostly because the name came out of nowhere. Alas, positives are...

1) it's not Garrett
2) it's not McCarthy
3) it's not McDaniels
4) people who actually know him say he's a rising star.

We'll see. I'd be less concerned with this move if Gettelman weren't still the GM

I felt the same about Lafleur last year and so far so good.

It's a baffling hire, mostly because the name came out of nowhere. Alas, positives are...

1) it's not Garrett
2) it's not McCarthy
3) it's not McDaniels
4) people who actually know him say he's a rising star.

We'll see. I'd be less concerned with this move if Gettelman weren't still the GM

I have heard the G-men are considering Garrett as OC.

But this year was his first with the receivers after the departure of Chad O'Shea to Miami, and that group has not excelled.

Yeah, but look what he had to work with. Edelman was hobbled down the stretch, Gordon and Brown didn’t work out, Sanu was only there for half a season, and Harry and Meyers were rookies.

I’d say he did as well as he could.

Looking at the performances of rookies like DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Darius Slayton, Deebo Samuel, Hunter Renfrow and Marquise Brown doesn't aid the argument that Harry and Meyers were rookies so we shouldn't expect much.
Philip Dorsett disappeared completely. Sanu went from a capable receiver in Hotlanta to an afterthought in NE outside of the BAL game.

AB is entirely Krafty Bob's (and AB's) fault, so no issue there.
But that receiving group was terrible outside of a hobbled Edelman. That's largely on Judge and McDaniels (who is hopefully headed to Cleveland).
Get Chad O'Shea back and breathe some life back into this offense.

Guess who’s rookie stat line this is:

37 Rec, 359 Yards, 1 TD

It’s your current leading receiver. Now let’s see how Meyers did:

26 Rec, 359 Yards, 0 TD

If you want to say that the Pats offensive scheme should be less complex so rookie receivers catch on quicker, then sure, I’d agree with that, but that’s on Belichick, not Judge, and it seems to have worked pretty well for two decades, so maybe we give Harry and Meyers a chance. You can’t really compare to other rookies with this system; I doubt any of them have an impact with the Pats.

Dorsett is gone. He actually started off the season well, but then yes, totally disappeared. But I would keep everyone else and get either via free agency or the draft someone with elite speed for a true vertical threat.

And getting a functioning tight end would be helpful.

Tight end is a must, in fact they likely need 2. A veteran FA like Hooper or Henry and someone in the draft.

Harry needs to take a big leap next year to justify that draft slot. But they definitely need speed.

Trading for Sanu instead of Sanders was a blunder as well.

Brady certainly wasn't his best. Elbow and foot ailments late in season could have contributed to that as well as age.
But some football folks have digested the all 22s and have said that more often than not nobody was open. No separation from any receivers in the pattern on numerous occasions. And receivers not running routes correctly was a big issue as well. Led to lots of throwaways.
I'll take my chances with Brady in2020 with a healthy Edelman, hopefully a recovered from blood clots David Andrews and some improved WR and TE weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom