Mlb 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
giphy.gif

I’m rooting for Cleveland, Oakland, Milwaukee, or Atlanta. I wouldn’t hate Colorado or LA though.

Umpiring in this game has been disgusting. Rockies have been battling the Cubs and bad calls all night.

What a nice gesture by Baez to hug Arenado. I’m sure there was no ulterior motive besides brotherly love!

-the umpiring crew

What a nice gesture by Baez to hug Arenado. I’m sure there was no ulterior motive besides brotherly love!

-the umpiring crew
That was just absurd. Did Arenado think that was the 3rd out? How does he not try to go to first for the double play? Especially when Contreras was literally almost pulled out of the game two minutes before because of a calf issue. This game is drunker than me and peef combined.

If Arenado didn't throw to first because of what Baez did then I don't know how it's not called obstruction or how Arenado doesn't raise hell to get an obstruction call.

Another season of Moneyball not working for the A's.

They just didn’t have enough pitching with all their injuries. They were a prime team that needed to blow down the Mets’ doors with a huge deGrom trade offer.

I made it the whole season without watching a single baseball game. I don’t know who pitches for the Marlins besides Urena, and I can’t name the starting lineup.

Fuck you Derek Jeter, and fuck your Bruce(?) Sherman. Or whatever the fuck your name is.

I made it the whole season without watching a single baseball game. I don’t know who pitches for the Marlins besides Urena, and I can’t name the starting lineup.

Fuck you Derek Jeter, and fuck your Bruce(?) Sherman. Or whatever the fuck your name is.

Serious question: Do you think you're giving them enough time to right the ship? Jeff Loria left a lot of damage.

They just didn’t have enough pitching with all their injuries. They were a prime team that needed to blow down the Mets’ doors with a huge deGrom trade offer.

The A's need superstars. Every time they develop a superstar, he leaves via free agency or trade. I get it, they're on a tight budget, but they've had budget constraints for 20 years. Sure, they've kept the team competitive despite the payroll, but they'll never win a championship if they continue to operate this way.

Shit, even the Marlins blew their load and signed a bunch of superstars in the mid 90's and won a championship. Sure, they had a fire sale the next season, but the championship is still in the trophy case.

Serious question: Do you think you're giving them enough time to right the ship? Jeff Loria left a lot of damage.

They don’t deserve time. They do not care about the fans, they care about making money. They’re doing the same thing as Loria did. Cashing in on a stock that only goes up > owning stock in the MLB. The worst thing that could happen to that franchise is their ownership gets moved to a more profitable city, but for now they’re happy to siphon funds from other teams and keep their costs as minimal as possible.

Much like Jeff Loria, these guys weren’t rich enough to buy a baseball team but they did because buying a baseball team will make them rich. There were suitors with real money. Lots of them. Loria just has a hardon for anything Yankee. Well. Anything New York.

Loria left a lot of financial damage. Loria also left a lot of distrust from fans. And what did the Sherman group do to their 50 remaining fans when they arrived? They treated them like shit and immediately took a contending offense built on a decade of scars from the last jackass and reopened the wounds with no surgical experience. They made a plethora of awful trades and guaranteed a cellar dweller team for years to come.

They don’t deserve time. It’s been over a year to make impressions and things have only gotten worse. There was a bazillion ways this coupled been handled and they chose the worst one.

Thank you, I really appreciate the response, I didn't know a lot about how things had been since the sale, so that's the insight I was hoping for. I'm really sorry it's been so shitty for so long for you. I hope you find your way back to the game some day

Thank you, I really appreciate the response, I didn't know a lot about how things had been since the sale, so that's the insight I was hoping for. I'm really sorry it's been so shitty for so long for you. I hope you find your way back to the game some day

It’s weird even scathing the idea of liking a different franchise. There are many conflicting thoughts. I don’t hate the Marlins. I hate the franchise. I don’t really hate the franchise though, just everybody who has ever represented it in the front office.

Can I be a fan of another team? I don’t think I can. It doesn’t feel right. I just can’t like the Marlins. I really wish Jeb!’s group was successful. The dude knows Florida. Especially south Florida. And he does give a shit. That could’ve worked.

Maybe some day!

Jeb! Would've been great, that's a damn shame.

I don't know the answer to what to do, I don't know if I'd be able to switch teams either.

It’s weird even scathing the idea of liking a different franchise. There are many conflicting thoughts. I don’t hate the Marlins. I hate the franchise. I don’t really hate the franchise though, just everybody who has ever represented it in the front office.

Can I be a fan of another team? I don’t think I can. It doesn’t feel right. I just can’t like the Marlins. I really wish Jeb!’s group was successful. The dude knows Florida. Especially south Florida. And he does give a shit. That could’ve worked.

Maybe some day!

As a Redskins fan, I acutely feel your pain.

I know we've been down this road before, alas...

I was 5 the last time the team I root for won a World Series. I turn 38 next month. That title should have been the start of a dynasty, but half the team was on crack. Our owners went broke in a pyramid scheme and now use the revenue gained from being not just a big market team, but from being THE market team, to finance their debts. We have a top 5 pitching staff, and had one of those pitchers have one of the 20th beat seasons of any pitcher ever... and went 10-9. He put up a 1.66 era at home and was 3-6 at home.

With all due respect.

Shitty owners are shitty.

I’ve never seen the team I root for even make it to the World Series. I also saw them completely waste Felix’s career. And then miss the playoffs with a win total that would have gotten a WC spot every year since WC2 was introduced. It sucks.

I know we've been down this road before, alas...

I was 5 the last time the team I root for won a World Series. I turn 38 next month. That title should have been the start of a dynasty, but half the team was on crack. Our owners went broke in a pyramid scheme and now use the revenue gained from being not just a big market team, but from being THE market team, to finance their debts. We have a top 5 pitching staff, and had one of those pitchers have one of the 20th beat seasons of any pitcher ever... and went 10-9. He put up a 1.66 era at home and was 3-6 at home.

With all due respect.

Shitty owners are shitty.

A damn shame about those late 80's Mets. Drugs, Booze, Injuries, and Bad Trades fucked them.

Shitty owners are shitty. Boss George was a shitty owner. Especially from the late 1970's and throughout the entire 1980's. Bad trades, frequent managerial changes, sabotaging your star player (Dave Winfield). Harassing your other star player over grooming requirements (Don Mattingly). Yes, they won in the late 90's, but Stick Michael and Joe Torre often had to talk Boss George off the proverbial ledge from making a foolish personnel move. Thanks to their hard work, all Boss George had to do was sign the checks and look like a fuckin' genius.

And then in his final stroke of genius as an owner, he re-signed 32 year old AR to a 10 year, 275 million dollar contract when no other team in MLB even thought of coming close to that.

A damn shame about those late 80's Mets. Drugs, Booze, Injuries, and Bad Trades fucked them.

Shitty owners are shitty. Boss George was a shitty owner. Especially from the late 1970's and throughout the entire 1980's. Bad trades, frequent managerial changes, sabotaging your star player (Dave Winfield). Harassing your other star player over grooming requirements (Don Mattingly). Yes, they won in the late 90's, but Stick Michael and Joe Torre often had to talk Boss George off the proverbial ledge from making a foolish personnel move. Thanks to their hard work, all Boss George had to do was sign the checks and look like a fuckin' genius.

And then in his final stroke of genius as an owner, he re-signed 32 year old AR to a 10 year, 275 million dollar contract when no other team in MLB even thought of coming close to that.

Bro...

Are you actually bringing the Yankees into this discussion?

Back
Top Bottom