College Football 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no pity for OSU. They lost to a lesser team when it counted most. LSU/OSU would have been cool though.

Can someone please explain to me (I'm not too good at the maths) how 15 in the Harris poll, 15 USA Today and a 17 computer average results in a placement of 18th?

hey. once you guys start talking 'bout averages and stuff, that's math. so i'm out.

I have no pity for OSU. They lost to a lesser team when it counted most. LSU/OSU would have been cool though.

Can someone please explain to me (I'm not too good at the maths) how 15 in the Harris poll, 15 USA Today and a 17 computer average results in a placement of 18th?

Looks like a combination of things:

1. The teams above TCU in the Harris and USA Today polls are not the same as the teams above them in the combined computer poll.

2. Raw scores are added to compute the final BCS score, not rankings, and the gap between TCU's computer poll score and the scores above them are bigger than those in the Harris and USA Today polls. E.g. Oklahoma is .4600 points above TCU in the computer poll, but only .1085 points behind TCU in the Harris poll and only .1315 points behind TCU in the USA Today poll. Baylor and Georgia seem to have similar advantages over TCU as well, being far enough ahead numerically in the computer poll to overcome their disadvantage in the two human polls. The computer polls must really be hammering TCU over strength of schedule.

College football: every game matters until the postseason, and then only one game matters, but hey, it's not like the playoffs are ever exciting in any other sport, right?

At least the OSU-Stanford game should be engaging. My level of interest in LSU-Alabama could not be lower.

Penn State falls to 7th Big Ten bowl tie-in thanks to the scandal. And it's in Dallas! Fun times here, gang, no doubt.

I wouldn't be so sure. Oregon doesn't have a very good "big game" track record. I don't believe they've even won a Rose Bowl since 1917. On paper, Oregon should win, but I just don't have confidence they will pull it out.

I agree. Oregon was suppose to demolish Ohio State in the 2010 Rose Bowl and that didn't quite work out for them.

The thing that worries me about Wisconsin is their abysmal secondary. Any decent passing attack, as seen twice with Cousins, will shred them.

this might be one of the better 1st rounds we've seen since the playoff system was added.

WVU/Clemson might be the weakest, most irrelevant BCS bowl game yet. There's absolutely no excuse for a school out of the top 16 being in this position.

I'm actually more interested in the Fiesta Bowl than I am the national title game.

Tweet!
@PBPjasonlieser Jason Lieser
Bobby Bowden, on Gators OC Charlie Weis taking the Kansas job: "You got to be kidding me. He’s going to be the head coach?"

This was me about 1:15 PST today.

efqe52.gif

I can't wait for next season! :D

oh my god

@Art_Thiel: #UWHuskies D coordinator Holt breaks North American mark for most yardage given up (old mark: France, Louisiana Purchase)

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Rob Bolden starts in place of Matt McGloin, who concussed himself by starting a fight with his wide receiver. Your 2011 Penn State Nittany Lions!

Random note: Tirico and Gruden are doing a great job as a two-man crew for this MSU-Georgia game (Jaws probably would have done a fine job as well).

MNF really should drop one of Gruden and Jaws from their broadcasts, because they step on each others' toes/there's not enough for the two of them to do.

Ugh. So weak by MSU to not try to finish the game by going for 2.

Random note: Tirico and Gruden are doing a great job as a two-man crew for this MSU-Georgia game (Jaws probably would have done a fine job as well).

MNF really should drop one of Gruden and Jaws from their broadcasts, because they step on each others' toes/there's not enough for the two of them to do.

i'd watch MNF if they dropped tirico too

Georgia just took a knee on second down in OT and attempted a game-winning 43-yard FG on third down. I have no words.

Back
Top Bottom