Wild Nothing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like that cover you chose a lot too. It reminds me of the Stone Roses.

I'm using the yellow, blue, and red one for now. It has a lava lamp vibe going on.

So, I don't know whether to be super impressed by the fact that Wild Nothing snagged Michelle Williams for this music video, or completely appalled by the fact that they clearly spent the entire budget for it on her.

Regardless it's one of the most hilariously low-budget things I've ever seen, and everyone should at least watch from around 4:23 when something extraordinary happens:

Wild Nothing - "Paradise" (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Nocture is next on my list of albums I'm going to buy from Amazon. Probably next week. I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm excited for it!

So I just got it and listened to it for the first time. Nocture makes me nostalgic. It makes me wish I could go back in time to all the faded photographs my parents put in albums. An era when things were a little bit faded and Christmas lights were magical, and vinyl and tapes and atari.

I actually haven't listened to this album since September, need to change that ASAP.

There's a keyboard line in Rheya that reminds me of the outro in Untitled off Disintegration.

Every time I get to the end of Paradise, I can't help but feel like it should have been the song that closed the album. Not that the album should stop there. But that it should be moved back. But then I get to Rheya, and that song is almost perfect.

From their Facebook page (which I learned about because NSW "liked" the status):

Thanks iTunes for naming 'Nocturne' the Best Alternative Album of 2012!

Wild Nothing Announce New EP, Share First Single "A Dancing Shell" and Animated Video | News | Pitchfork

Empty Estate EP:
01 The Body in Rainfall
02 Ocean Repeating (Big-eyed Girl)
03 On Guyot
04 Ride
05 Data World
06 A Dancing Shell
07 Hachiko

8f7cb5a4.jpg

Wild Nothing - "A Dancing Shell" (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Hmmm. I just mixed them up with the cloud nothings and was quite disappointed. Apparently for as much as I like attack on memory, I didn't like it enough to be able to remember which band with the word nothing in it they were.

Back
Top Bottom