The Killers - Day And Age

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So it is "are we Human or are Dancer?" Then?

The Killers have one of the more hummable tracks of the year with “Human,” but they lyrics may be a little cryptic.
Singer Brandon Flowers tells MTV.com that the “Are we human or are we dancer?’ line was inspired by gonzo author Hunter S. Thompson, who once penned that America was raising a generation of dancers. “I just took it and ran with it,” says the vocalist.

“I think I know what he meant. I don’t want to be too much of a preacher here, but you know, it’s a mild social statement and that’s all I’m gonna say. We’re just trying to write the best pop songs we can write.” Flowers says that he’s been asked by others about the singular nature of “dancer,” and adds, “I guess it bothers people that it’s not grammatically correct. But I think that I’m allowed to do whatever I want.”

Still not sure what "America is raising a generation of dancers means" Does it mean people just dancing through life not giving a f***

cool beans.

thing is, I dont quite like the video for Human.

and I wish Brandon still held on to his image from Sams Town.

i don't like Human video either, i think it's really boring and getting nowhere. it doesn't work with the song at all.

however, i appreciate that he shaved his ridiculous moustache. i really prefer Brandon on Hot Fuzz.

Fine, you damn album. If you're not going to leak, screw you, the thing comes out in Japan in a couple hours. You can't stop it from hitting the internet after that :grumpy:

The album has now been out for 1 hour and 45 minutes, and it's still not on the internet :tsk: this is an epic phail.

In other news, apparently the vinyl was released in the US today. Now it's just a matter of FINDING it.

What else are they doing in the middle of the night! Tokyo get off your lazy asses and buy the album so we can download it! :sad:

In all seriousness though. I really am surprised. But oh well. In the end, I'm going to eventually get the album.

an album not leaking is shocking, seriously. I'd give it 5 hours, maybe all Japan's uploaders are queueing outside HMV right now waiting for the CD so you can all have FLAC quality file!:hyper:

i can't wait 5 hours. people in the uk and here in the us have already gotten their vinyls in the mail, and theyre ranting and raving about the album but they're NOT RIPPING IT. jerks.

Nope :lol:

I listened to all the 30 second clips on the Japanese iTunes store, lost some interest in it. But I really want it none the less.

Nope :lol:

I listened to all the 30 second clips on the Japanese iTunes store, lost some interest in it. But I really want it none the less.

wait, you listened to the clips and you don't think it will be great? from what i've heard it's going to kick the shit out of sam's town and most likely be as good as hot fuss.

wait, you listened to the clips and you don't think it will be great? from what i've heard it's going to kick the shit out of sam's town and most likely be as good as hot fuss.

Seeings how they were CLIPS I"m trying not to put too much faith into them. On the other hand, it was not exactly what I was hoping for. But they weren't full songs, and I haven't let myself listen to any full songs. I'm still kicking myself for listening to the clips. But, yeah...what was I saying?

Back
Top Bottom