Madonna appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dsmith2904 said:
From Perez:

Madonna's new single, 4 Minutes To Save The World, will debut in a new Sunsilk shampoo commercial on March 17th ... The spot will reportedly trace Madonna's ever-evolving look throughout the years as a means to inspire girls to play around with their current styles.

That commercial is going to kick ass.:drool:

She's already in a Sunsilk commercial with a couple other singers, right?

Don't worry, I'm not the sort to be all "OMG SELL OUT," but ... something seems off about that idea. That's how you're debuting your single? In a shampoo commercial?

:(

Thinking about the 4 last albums...

Ray Of Light cover is bland, but is okay.
Music cover is nothing special too, but the album artwork is good.
American Life brought the great idea of turing Madonna in a sort-of Che Guevara and it's visually great.
Confessions On A Dancefloor has Madonna's best artwork for all her albuns and the cover is very appealing.
This new album's cover is... way too bad. I'm gonna wait for the album and the following artwork.

dsmith2904 said:
New album cover:

mc__oPt.jpg

I like the idea of this cover but it could have looked so much better too! Well, as long as the songs are good I don't care. I'm dying to hear the new material :drool: I've been a fan of her for...gosh, 20 years now, and one of my biggest dreams is to see her live one day.

If I'm ranking favorite album covers...(I'm not doing greatest hits, remix albums, etc)
1. Like A Virgin
2. Ray of Light
3. Madonna
4. Bedtime Stories
5. Erotica
6. Something to Remember
7. American Life
8. Like A Prayer
9. Confessions on a Dance Floor
10. I'm Breathless
11. True Blue

Ranking Madonna's covers (I'm counting the compilations and soundtracks here)...

1. Like A Prayer
2. Confessions On A Dancefloor
3. American Life
4. Erotica
5. True Blue
6. The Immaculate Collection
7. I'm breathless
8. Like A Virgin
9. Greatest Hits Vol. 2
9. Music
11. Bedtime Stories
12. Madonna (The 1st Album)
13. Ray Of Light
14. Something To Remember
14. Hard Candy
16. You Can Dance
17. I'm Going To Tell You A Secret
18. Confessions Tour

(not counting with Who's That Girl? since she only sings 4 songs there)

Heard the new Madonna/Justin song on the radio. Maybe it's a grower but for now I'm disappointed. IMO it sounds like a leftover from Nelly Furtado's last album, and I feel that the production totally overwhelms both Madonna and Justin.

Saracene said:
Heard the new Madonna/Justin song on the radio. Maybe it's a grower but for now I'm disappointed. IMO it sounds like a leftover from Nelly Furtado's last album, and I feel that the production totally overwhelms both Madonna and Justin.

I felt the same. I really want to hear the song again and give it another chance - maybe it really is a grower. I don't want to be disappointed by it. :|

From Madonna.com:

If you are in the US and want to get your copy of Madonna's new single '4 Minutes' as a digital download, please visit the Verizon/Vcast website today! Also available are '4 Minutes' ringtones! Click here to access the site.

Madonna's new song "Four Minutes" is number 1 on iTunes. The video is up there now too. It's up on Youtube, too. I love it.:love: Madonna looks frickin' HOT:drool: I barely noticed Timbaland, who, mercifully, is only in the video for a short time, or my future husband, Justin Timberlake.:lol:

I've had my WMP on random for the last couple of hours and up popped Drowned World/Subsitute For Love.

Maybe her best song that wasn't really a 'hit'.

10 out of 10

I really can't stand this new Madonna song :| so annoying that i switch it off now when it comes on! What a let-down :tsk: :down:

Inner El Guapo said:
I've had my WMP on random for the last couple of hours and up popped Drowned World/Subsitute For Love.

Maybe her best song that wasn't really a 'hit'.

10 out of 10

I agree. I remember when I first heard Ray of Light and I felt right from the opening it was a huge artistic leap forward for her.

Not a big fan of this new song. Definitely a step down from Confessions. :down:

It sounds like 90% of the top 40 crap out there. Madonna, I thought you were different. :|

When someone announces they're working with Justin Timberlake and Timbaland, you know it's going to sound like what's on the radio today. That's kind of the point.

I think it's kind of catchy - I certainly don't hate it. I don't love it like I loved Hung Up. I couldn't stop listening to that song when it was released.

It's like we're on the same wavelength and shit.

Connections, man. That's what it's all about.

: points at you, points at self, insert cheesy wink here :

It's funny...

The press and everywhere is praising Madonna's new single and new album.
That's not what I see in the public's (non-fans) opinion... And I agree.

I repeat that for me "4 Minutes" is like an outtake from Nelly Furtado last album that was given to Madonna for her to sing... partially.
I heard the demos of 5 songs of her new album... all of them the same Timbaland-typical-sound trash and the songs don't seem worthy.
I'm gonna keep the opinion that I feel that this album is gonna break the string of 4 great pop albums.

The first reviews of the new album Hard Candy are out there to be read.

And as I predicted...
They're positive... but not fantastic. Go to wikipedia and see the links. BBC Music and The Times wrote more or less the same stuff. Madonna switched underground producers for the whores (I mean, producers) of modern pop/hip-hip/r&b in a desperate act to save her image in the US.
The songs don't seem to be bad - for what we can read - but they're no great pop songs as Madonna has presented us in the last years.

I'll wait 'till April 28th to make my appreciations, but I don't have great expectations.

'Like A Prayer' is imo her most consistent complete album. All killer - no filler.

'4 Minutes'... meh... it's growing on me - it kind of annoyed me first time I heard it - the intro is 40-45 seconds long before Madge even starts warbling. I dont know if that upset me or not... :)

^I could definitely do without the Timbaland part at the beginning, but once the song actually starts I love it! When "Hung Up" first came out it really made me want to explore more of Madonna's work. I could not stop listening to it. I think we all know how that further interest in Madonna's work turned out for me.:wink: Right now, I'm as obsessed with "4 Minutes" as I was with "Hung Up" when it came out.

I love love love the woman.

Madge is one fantastic woman, BUT, I think her new work is not as fantastic as COADF. 4 mins without the video - would that have worked?

the new single is catchy, but the video is a bit boring and looks part like that American Boy one with Estelle and Kanye.

plus has she had facial surgery?

she is changing........:huh:

you can see her tired looking while dancing in videos these days. all I know is that she has been absolutely amazing til now.

but, very different route these days. :reject::)

News for all the Madonna fans in Michigan:

Madonna To Perform In Detroit On November 18
We are happy to confirm that Madonna's "Sticky & Sweet"" Tour will stop at Detroit's Ford Field on November 18!

Tickets for this newly added show will go on sale Saturday, August 23 at 10am Local Time.

A devoted Icon presale will start on Tuesday, August 19 at 10am Local Time.

Back
Top Bottom