Need your thoughts on this Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Ok so a few months ago I went out to Moss beach (my favorite spot) to take some long exposure shots at night. So I took a photo of the night sky and got this.

283899681_c514063caf.jpg
Pretty dark shot with some stars.

So I decided to go and brighten the photo a little and got this.
IMG_4829-1.jpg

Now I dont know if it's the program or what my camera really took, so any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
No. LOL I lightened the image and got this amazing shot!!!!!!!

What does a long exposure shot actually mean? I have a few cameras that I just play around with, but I never really understood any technical things. :reject: It's when you shoot with the shutter open for longer than usual right? How do you actually do it, and how do you know how long you should do it for?

Yes that's excactly it. You do this by shooting in Manual mode. Most camera have a setting called "Bulb" which lets the shutter stay open until you press the button on a remote shutter release close. If there is already a strong light source at night and are shooting at it. I would recommend shooting at 400 with a 2.8 F/stop for about a minute or 2. If it's a strong light source then about 40 seconds. Now if it's dark. Then shoot at 1600 if your camera will allow it and an F/stop at 2.8-4.0 if it is dark it could take almost 30 min to get a good enough shot.

That shot of the trees is awesome. I always liked doing ghosting shots...open the shutter then have someone walking front of the camera for a bit then walk off.

Back
Top Bottom