Man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
You’re dying, not from any unknown cause brought upon you by your enormous sense of becoming, but dying from your own failure to meet your own expectations, your inability to live up to your own ideals,

How does it feel to be a false prophet, a soothsayer who only predicts nay sows the seeds of your own demise, leaving the future in the claws of carrion fouls who gnaw away at the very thought of love,

The hordes that descend upon you with wistful grins crying Judas, Judas! Wake you from your slumber, for it is not I who sleeps, but my soul dost dwell upon the past, the synchronised mechanical meanderings of man gone mad in a world that could not care less,

You’re asked to suffer the silence, let ignorance rule as men take Jesus as their harlot, as their spiritual whore, for they know the Sabbath is but a day, but days turn to weeks, as weeks turn to years and their arrogance shall plague the eons to come,

The warrior leading the chivalrous life can no longer be sustained, for he must sell his soul to feed his blood or else his blood with feed the earth for the farmer must toil and reap rewards from his work,

We’re destined to rise yet we’re pardoned from grace, twenty nine years, a figure I’ve not gained is carved unto my skull for the question remains my epitaph born though I’m wide awake, I’m not sleeping, oh no……………………

This possibly is one of the most inaccessible pieces I've wrote plus the fact I've improvised it all at three in the morning won't endear it to anyone in my opinion:wink:

inaccessible doesn't necessarily take away from the experience of reading it, ZD. there are paintings that you might not "understand", but the beauty of the images can still have an effect on you.

whatever your intentions, your piece made me think and feel and for that it is wholly accessible, reconciled or not.

I think you'll find that 3am improvisations can lead you to some pretty magical places--you've already found one.

Thanks Laz, reading over it now, it seems harsh, not just in word but in form, I'm not sure what to make of it........

very nice

It's been a long time since I've heard "Bad" from Wide Awake in America..... I think I'll put it on now.

Good writing, Zero Dude.
The prophet reference reminds me of Sarajevo somehow.......but it does not matter.

carol
wizard2c
:|

Back
Top Bottom