Will women like me if I am bald?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joerags

War Child
I am really, really afraid. :|

I am balding very fast. I am almost 34 and don't have a girlfriend. I have never had a girlfriend. I am so scared that when I lose my hair completely that women won't like me at all, which means I will be alone for the rest of my life. This is making me very, very depressed. I have always been curious about what percentage of women are attracted to bald men. I hear women say they are attractive to bald men, but I find that hard to believe. I believe they say that only to make bald men feel better. So in truth, what is the percentage of women who are attractive to bald men? Is it 0-10 percent, 10-40 percent, 40-70 percent or 70 percent or higher (very, very unlikely)? I strongly believe it's under 10 percent. Which means that if there is a girl that I really like, there is a 90 percent chance that she does not like me because I am bald. So I am at the point where I might as well accept the fact that women will not like me when I am bald and should never ever talk to women since I don't want to feel the pain of rejection. I might as well accept the fact that I will be alone forever. This is so painful.

My boyfriend was balding when I met him (he was 29 at the time), but I still fell head over heels for him the first time we met. He was very nice to me and had a sweet smile.

No offense, but I seriously think you are WAY too hung up on looks. Also, by assuming that a girl won't be attracted to you because you are balding means that you are assuming that girl is superficial, and a girl could find that to be pretty insulting.

dude, what are you worrying about ? it's a sign you need to adopt a beanie hat a la a certain irishman the edge, pick up a guitar , rock out ,,,and women will literally be'falling at your feet'.

joerags said:
I am balding too. I am nearly 34 years old. I will probably be bald in a few years. It bothers me a lot because I feel women aren't attractive to bald guys. I already have low self-esteem. By the time I lose my hair, I won't have any self-esteem at all. I try to tell myself that there is nothing you can do about it. My mom says to me, "you're not the first and you're not the last" to lose your hair, meaning there are many guys like me. But again, when it comes to women, I just can't see how they would find me attractive if I am bald. I already feel like women aren't attracted to me even with some hair on my head. So I just try not to think about it. When I do lose my hair, I will try to stay positive. It won't be easy, but I have to try, just like you, Shart.

:hug:

I guess that whole staying positive thing isn't working for you eh?

I think the amount of women who fall for balding guys is probably in the 25-35% range. I think the %age changes though depending on how the balding is happening. If it's a slow receding from the temple then I think the amount of women who would still be attracted to you increases to about 85-90%.

If it's just a general sparseness :yikes:

I think once all the hair is gone though and you've settled into your new bald look and your confidence returns, then you're right back at being attractive to about 80% of women.

Now this guy:
http://forum.interference.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=27094

I think about 100% of women love him :drool:

Last edited:
I don't like all bald or balding guys, but there are guys who are bald or balding I like very much. It really depends on the guy. Try not to stress too much about it (easier said than done, I know).

Lila64 said:

He'd have to show his face first :wink:

You know I kinda like thinking of him only as puppy boy. Even if he was drop dead hamdsome I think I'd be disappointed if he didn't look like that cute puppy. :)

Sorry to hijack your thread, joerags. :(

joerags said:

I am balding very fast. I am almost 34 and don't have a girlfriend. I have never had a girlfriend. I am so scared that when I lose my hair completely that women won't like me at all, which means I will be alone for the rest of my life. This is making me very, very depressed. I have always been curious about what percentage of women are attracted to bald men. I hear women say they are attractive to bald men, but I find that hard to believe. I believe they say that only to make bald men feel better. So in truth, what is the percentage of women who are attractive to bald men? Is it 0-10 percent, 10-40 percent, 40-70 percent or 70 percent or higher (very, very unlikely)? I strongly believe it's under 10 percent. Which means that if there is a girl that I really like, there is a 90 percent chance that she does not like me because I am bald. So I am at the point where I might as well accept the fact that women will not like me when I am bald and should never ever talk to women since I don't want to feel the pain of rejection. I might as well accept the fact that I will be alone forever. This is so painful.

perhaps you shouldn't be worrying over women who will only care about whats on the top of your head. it is a waste of time, because what matters most is not what's on your head, but what's in it, and what's in your heart.

snowbunny00774 said:

I guess that whole staying positive thing isn't working for you eh?

:lmao:!!!

Joemilllane,
just shave it off right now...
nothing you do or look like or become will ever change the mind set you are in.
It is sooooo unattractive, i wouldnt even give you the time of day past your attitude and personality anyway,
so whats on top of your head wouldnt even matter to me.

:yawn:

I think I've said it here before, but I am attracted to bald men. The key is, I think, to be confindent about it. I don't think it is attractive when guys try to pull off a comb-over or employ some other trick to hide it. That screams "I'm going bald and I can't handle it". I think shaving your head is a great way to handle it gracefully and with confidence.

Honestly baldness does not bother me in the least. Otherwise, I wouldn't have dated a balding 40 year old for almost 4 years a couple of years ago. :shrug: It's just too bad he liked to hide his baldness with his hat.

Why don't you post a picture? I bet you are fine the way you are. You need to boost your self esteem up. Get out there more!

joerags said:

No, you will not be alone forever because you're balding. You will be alone forever because you think ALL women are shallow bitches who want looks and money above all else.

Until you change what's going on inside of your head and stop using your appearance as an excuse for all of your problems, nothing will change for you.

Re: Re: Will women like me if I am bald?

Bono's American Wife said:
No, you will not be alone forever because you're balding. You will be alone forever because you think ALL women are shallow bitches who want looks and money above all else.

Until you change what's going on inside of your head and stop using your appearance as an excuse for all of your problems, nothing will change for you.

:up: Well said!

It really is all about confidence and how you feel about yourself... no matter how ordinary you may look.

Bono's American Wife said:

Post of the year :love:

unico said:

perhaps you shouldn't be worrying over women who will only care about whats on the top of your head. it is a waste of time, because what matters most is not what's on your head, but what's in it, and what's in your heart.

:yes:

Thanks everyone for all your advice and understanding.

:hug:

I have to realize that being bald shouldn't detract from who I am as a person. Deep down, I am a very nice person who is respectful and sincere. I apologize if my posts comes across as shallow. I am by no means shallow. My problem is my ill-conceived notion that other people judge you by what you look like. I understand that to overcome this problem, I have to accept who I am and most important BE PROUD of who I am. I realize that I have to take it day by day, but I know that I have to stay positive and strong.

When there are so many people who are suffering from disease, terminal illnesses, poverty, etc., I shouldn't be complaining about "my looks."

Mr. BAW, Vinny and TheBrush all agree that checks dig the bald guys....

DSCN0027.jpg

Thanks to the props of BAW and redkat...

Nobody else is going to like you if YOU don't like you. Worry about what you can control--your personality, your attitude, your outlook on life. You're not the first man to ever lose his hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom