Things I Hate, Spring Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Mama said:
I am so frustrated. My family is sick of hearing me complain, so I'm gonna do it here...

It's been 4 months with this stupid injury and I still don't feel better...to top it off I think I had some kind of bad reaction to the cortisone shot that made my whole arm turn into a bruised and red mess. :grumpy:

Sorry you're not feeling better. Maybe make an appointment to be checked? Second opinion?

I am so frustrated. My family is sick of hearing me complain, so I'm gonna do it here...

It's been 4 months with this stupid injury and I still don't feel better...to top it off I think I had some kind of bad reaction to the cortisone shot that made my whole arm turn into a bruised and red mess. :grumpy:

I agree with Lila--get it checked out, because that doesn't sound right! :hug:

Get headphones. Fast. Fastfast. Earbuds are a nightmare.

After using great quality earbuds for so long I wouldn't use anything else. I'm having to use headphones at the moment and I can't stand the feel of something over my ears. The downside of earbuds is thst they are sickeningly easy to accidentally tear up.

Eh. I just haven't been able to bring myself to buy earbuds for much money. I'd rather have my ears squished by headphones than use earbuds aside from when I need to hear people talk...I'm just one of those people who hates having stuff in their ears :p

I've got these guys, which I'm fine with

They don't look too painful. Mine I can wear for about the length of a movie before it starts getting irritating. I get the circulation cut off to the rest of my head or something. But I have to wear them for concert movies because with my earbuds it's just...terrible. I have shitty $19 earbuds I got at the airport. Better than the ones that came with my iPod, though.

I hate ants. Hate those mofo's with a passion.

I hate that I actually went out and bought headphones today, only now I found out they suck. The package claimed noise cancellation. What noise cancellation? And already the left side is a bit softer than the right. At least it has a warranty, so I could get it fixed. They were like five dollars though... I should have guessed they wouldn't be quality. But now I'm mad that I made such a bad choice. They should allow you to sample headphones or something in stores...

Sorry you're not feeling better. Maybe make an appointment to be checked? Second opinion?

I agree with Lila--get it checked out, because that doesn't sound right! :hug:

Thank you ladies :hug: going back to the Dr. tomorrow :sigh:

I got Sennheiser earphones. They're pretty damn awesome.

We found shelter from the Montreal Monsoon last year in the Sennheiser fan jam booth...those people were so nice--even gave us an umbrella!

Shelter? :lol: Wow, I didn't even know people actually found shelter in that disaster. Thought the fan jam thingie would've been completely soaked as well.

I hate that I actually went out and bought headphones today, only now I found out they suck. The package claimed noise cancellation. What noise cancellation? And already the left side is a bit softer than the right. At least it has a warranty, so I could get it fixed. They were like five dollars though... I should have guessed they wouldn't be quality. But now I'm mad that I made such a bad choice. They should allow you to sample headphones or something in stores...

In higher end stores they do...and noise cancellation doesn't tend to work completely

I hate that my internet has a limit, and that limit requires me not to upload photos at the moment :|

Well, I did get them for only five dollars... :rolleyes:

I hate being unprepared! My mom sprung it on me this morning that I'm going to take the test to get my (driving) learner's permit this morning, and I've only studied the part in the manual with the road signs! Gaaah...

Looking back at a situation after the fact and giving my head a shake. I now see what so many others tried to tell me. Friendship shouldn't be hurtful.

I hate when people disguise discrimination by playing it off as common sense. Example: "well black people are statistically more likely to rob you which is why I don't allow them in my store, it's only logical!". Some are more subtle than this but yeah.

I also hate the probability that death will be at an inconvenient time. I want to be prepared. I don't want someone going through my things as I'd left them. I want everything to be neat and tidy and ready and organized. I want to see science progress. It's not time for me to die just yet, but I could at any moment! I hate that. I hate thinking about that. My friend's mom died suddenly in February. She wasn't feeling well for a couple of days and then his dad woke up next to her dead body (she had died in her sleep, suddenly). A woman in her late 40s in really great physical health. Just up out of no where dying in her sleep. No goodbyes. No preparation. I wish we were all gifted with death of old age instead of sudden death like that.

I hate when people disguise discrimination by playing it off as common sense. Example: "well black people are statistically more likely to rob you which is why I don't allow them in my store, it's only logical!". Some are more subtle than this but yeah.

I also hate the probability that death will be at an inconvenient time. I want to be prepared. I don't want someone going through my things as I'd left them. I want everything to be neat and tidy and ready and organized. I want to see science progress. It's not time for me to die just yet, but I could at any moment! I hate that. I hate thinking about that. My friend's mom died suddenly in February. She wasn't feeling well for a couple of days and then his dad woke up next to her dead body (she had died in her sleep, suddenly). A woman in her late 40s in really great physical health. Just up out of no where dying in her sleep. No goodbyes. No preparation. I wish we were all gifted with death of old age instead of sudden death like that.

We always hope that we will die peacefully and painlessly in our sleep, but the odds are against it. :sad: I guess the best we can do is tidy things up so other people don't have to go through our things and that "our affairs are in order." :hug:

I hate when my mom and sister scream at other right outside my bedroom, and closing the door and turning up music doesn't help. I want to yell at them to shut up, they're both being stupid. Or at least tell them to take it away from my hearing.

I'm bringing back up the hate for the heat. It has been *104 the last couple of days and the air conditioning is NOT working. Could be worse I guess...

*joins the heat hate* Yesterday it got to about 104. And I was dying at my dad's apartment with no air conditioning.

I hate that my two best friends bailed on me for my birthday party... one of them I understood, because her parents wouldn't let her go, but I think my other friend just didn't want to go, which I feel is a bit selfish even though I do understand she might not want to be around people she doesn't know. I had to sit through the party watching my sisters interact with their friends who I don't know very well. I guess that's one problem with being a triplet... Also, I can't say I hated it, but I really did not enjoy the movie that was playing at the theater we went to. (Dark Shadows) It was very pointless and kind of a waste of time.

(Up until the afternoon, it was a very good day. :wink: I don't want to sound whiny.)

Well, yeah, durr. They have their birthday on the same day too. I deal with this. My best friend couldn't make it to my birthday either. My sister ended up interacting with everyone instead of me. Which was fine.

On that note—I hate that my sister's busy until August and pretty much can't contact me. It means I have to face all the adults by myself, and there's no buffer between them and myself to act positive and do small talk.

It just really bothered me, okay... :reject:

Mostly because a few days earlier she said she'd be able to come, then we were talking on the phone today and once she heard what we were doing, she started doubting if she'd be able to come... and then we got downtown I get a text from her saying she wouldn't be able to, without giving a reason. And it's very like her to have just decided she didn't want to come to our party, instead of having an actual reason. And I'm kind of sick of her doing this to me (it's happened before). Oh well...

That's kind of weird that she had no reason, and last minute too. Personally if it happened to me I'd ditch her ass, but you probably care more than I would. I hope she can make it up to you at some point.

I hate today. Any motivation I had has gone to shit. The day after tomorrow doesn't seem exciting in the slightest anymore. I've been asked to do all sorts of things way too last minute, and I know my friend is going to hate my parents' lack of accommodation. Their constant presence. The fact that there's nothing to do where I live, and I fucking freeze up whenever people talk to me cause people have been shitty recently.

I hate the extreme storm that hit central Virginia, downing power lines and trees, and six people were killed. I was glad to learn that all of my relatives, and their houses, are okay. But the bad part is that they won't have their electricity back for several days, at least, and it's going to be over 100 degrees for this next week. :down:

I hate the extreme storm that hit central Virginia, downing power lines and trees, and six people were killed. I was glad to learn that all of my relatives, and their houses, are okay. But the bad part is that they won't have their electricity back for several days, at least, and it's going to be over 100 degrees for this next week. :down:
That storm was scary! (At least, the storms we got here in Richmond... I don't know how bad it was elsewhere.) At least I have power. It was sweltering at my dad's apartment though because he doesn't have AC.

That's really awful that six people were killed... :(

My cousin finally got her electricity back on in Crozet at 10:30 tonight. She says it's still flickering, and her mom's house (about two miles away) still doesn't have power. She posted pictures of the damage on FB, and it is amazing--if those big trees had fallen in another direction, both of their houses (and they!) would have been crushed! I'm glad you didn't lose power, and hopefully the damage isn't too bad there.

My cousin finally got her electricity back on in Crozet at 10:30 tonight. She says it's still flickering, and her mom's house (about two miles away) still doesn't have power. She posted pictures of the damage on FB, and it is amazing--if those big trees had fallen in another direction, both of their houses (and they!) would have been crushed! I'm glad you didn't lose power, and hopefully the damage isn't too bad there.
Some trees were down and the power went out for a little while, but it wasn't all too bad. It's scary to see pics like that, more so in real life!

Back
Top Bottom