The Second Thread - - an assortment of thoughts + "a new hope..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's not because Oasis may be too "European", it's because they sound like everyone else. If anything, they sound too American. I'm not really into popular culture, or what most people seem to like.

But that's just me, and I'm a little weird that way. :shrug:

lovely avatar!

Rugby is a funny sport, definetely!
I went to a match on Saturday. It was snowing, but they played anyway. Italy vs Fiji -- Italy won :)

Even if rugby has got some of the most absurd rules I ever heard of, it's really funny!!
Even better than a soccer match!
Especially because of the supporter... Soccer fans can be absolutely stupid. For instance, also on Sat. there was a soccer match and some of the so called "supporters" started shouting bad words against a black man that was playing... :(
So sad things like that still happen ...

Rugby is cool :yes: and I am a believe that EVERY sport is better in the snow. But that's just me.

=

Perhaps my avatar, and my "location" help explain my username a little more clearly. Maybe through the irony of the "Don Quixote", my position would become more clear. Originally, my avatar was going to be 3 sided, but I haven't figured out how to work the 3rd side in yet, so I just stuck with the two images for now. Briefly... there is one side that is in pursuit of lofty ideals, and another than is more cycnical and realistic. That was brief, at least.....

The "Tan T'ien" can mean many things...
A definition in regards to the "Tan T'ien" as understood through Taoism:

"A human being's life force consists of three energies (generative, vital, and spiritual). These energies are said to become impure through attachment and craving. Spiritual growth corresponds to the purification of these three energies. This purification is said to occur at three different tan-t'ien (fields) within the human body. The lower tan-t'ien is one inch below the navel. The middle tan-t'ien (also known as the Golden Palace) is centered at the solar plexus. The upper tan-t'ien is centered between the eyebrows. The tan-t'ien are thought of as cauldrons within which the three energies are refined until they have acquired their original purity. Within the tan-tien, there is also a transmutation of lower energy into higher energy (i.e. from generative to vital to spiritual energy)."
So, basically, this definition referes to three fields, or areas, on the body. But in 'my location', it is a somewhat metaphorical reference, and, obviously, not literal.
If you are interested in that specific definition, or more on Taoism, the internet is an interesting place to snoop around. But there are a lot of people with many opinions about everything on the net... I'm no different, really.

For some of the other things listed in my "location", they can be "found" here, in this "creed" http://mcel.pacificu.edu/as/students/bushido/bcreed.html . Another interesting take on a sort of "code of honor", if you will. There is an interesting bit of similarity and difference between western and eastern "chivalry", so to say...
Also... I want to say that I'm no expert in any of this stuff, and I am always looking to understand things like this better. At very best I'd say I'm an amatuer when it comes to these sort of topics.

Lastly, and this is something I have a little more experience in, one, more specific, definition of Tan T'ien is "the centerline". If you look at the Taoist definition, all of those areas on the body are located, essentially, in the center of the body. So not only would they be... good targets to strike if you were face to face with someone, but more so, the centerline is also the shortest distance between two points. Kind of "A to B".

=

I suppose there is also a fair blend of "east" and "west", if you look at the Don Quixote references and things like the Tan T'ien. I suppose that sort of duality is fitting.

==

I don't think I can translate your signature - what does it mean?

Last edited:
it's just a personal consideration about the passing of time, but sorry i won't translate it. i chose to use my language because i'm talking to myself :)

Thanks for the information about your sig -- really interesting. And also the part about Taoism is great.
I am afraid I know just a little aout it -- I wish I had the time to read more, but I haven't now.

Is still snowing here, but it is not remaining on the ground coz it's too wet!

Note/Reminder: beginning the day going to the dentist AIN'T a good idea

What are you doing these days? How are you?

43 days left until I leave for university

Actually, you know what I've been up to? To be honest, I've been living like a philosopher for a while, spending my days thinking about things, about myself, about what I want. THough I have no material or typical tangible products of progress, I really think that it has been a productive few months. I've refined a lot of my confidences, and figured out some things.

Sometimes I have a hard time relating with the real world, so to say. BUt I've struck an interesting balance, or a least.... sense of levelness... between pure practical pragmatism (what works), and having dreams and ideals (how things should be).

There's more, but I don't want to talk about myself relentlessly, at least when I can help it.

=

I can read "My Power" on your avatar, but not the rest of it :huh:

My power, my pleasure, my pain, baby

it is a quote from Seal's "Kiss from a rose"
(which I am downloading right now from iTunes...)

I think I told you that I've got an increasing interest in Seal's music -- I really love his music & his voice!

Moreover, I think it's a way to express how I feel.
And I love the fact that both the words start with the same letter both in English and in Italian (power=potere; pleasure=piacere and pain=pena).

Working on yourself can be a great thing..
I suppose I should do something similar
But right now I am just trying to occupy my mind so that it doesn't fly towards other planets...

I have one of his CDs.

I remember in the record store a few years ago, trying to decide between getting his album with "Crazy" or "kiss from a rose". (I got the album with "crazy" on it)

Kiss from a rose is a great song, I like it a lot. Always makes me think of why I like winter as the best season.

:up: :up:

What a horrible end for this working day!
I made a mistake and so I sent an item that doesn't fit to one of our customers. Luckily it is something that can be solved easily, replacing the good.
What got on my nerves was the behave of the man working with me. He didn't hesitate a seconde before pointing out that it was my fault and I had committed a mistake. That's true, ok, I know. It's my fault. But I would have been happier if he could have avoided the tone of "I-am-the-only-one-on-earth-who-knows-all-and-never-makes-mistakes"
Really, really annoying...

My boss, too, noticed this and he defended me (he's a good man. he demostrates this every day)

Sorry I throuw this on you, but I needed to write it down and see it outside me!

I had a small glimpse to the video of Original of the species.
Just 40 sec. It's really great!! Did you see it?

^ yes.... I have to wait until Sunday or Monday, even, to get something resembling a snowfall :slant: I can still remember one year there wasn't any snow for the December holidays - it was very odd for me...

=

lady luck, do you like Liz Hurley? or perhaps you dislike her? :ohmy:

It is good that your boss stood up for you there...... I've heard lots of stories where the opposite happens......

I have a real confession to make:

I've gotten too carried away in my own philosophies, and forgot about the world aroud me. I went too far into "how can I improve myself, how can I get better at being me?", and I forgot about everyone else.

There's only so far one can go on his or her own, and I realized this to be true. I've always thought, or said, that "Life really isn't about me", and I guess I forgot that in some ways. And in others, that phrase has a whole new meaning.

I've done a ton of thinking lately about "what do I want?", what do I want to do with my life, what do I want to be, have, ect etc etc.......
But really..... I think a more advanced question is "what can I do?"

There's no doubt that I value my solitary meditations and stuff... that has done me a lot of good. And, either through my advancement in that, or sheer "reality" coming back to me, I realize I have newer, modified approach on things, a new perspective for me. "What can I do?"

SHE'S a beauiful woman, but I don't know almost anything about her -- a part that she was Hugh Grant's girlfriend and that she starred in a movie when she played the devil. Oh, and I love the name of her son, Damien.

I just wanted to say,,,i totally understad the thing about the snow!I adore snow!!Yesterday...it was snowing and i was thrilled.There is something sooo beautiful about the snow...

It's snowing, sorta........

not very much, but at least a little bit.

41 days until I go to my university....................

dec.jpg

Looking out my window................

ahh, I see. Got it.

=

:hmm: I have an issue that I don't know how to address here yet, but I may come back and write it out

Wow! I hope I'll have such a big window to look out of one day!!
It's great!

Of course, now I am soooo curious about the thing you mentioned... Argh! Hope you'll come back with it soon!

girlhappy said:
I envy you ,because there is a goul ahead of you:huh:

:hug:

Don't give up, sweet girlhappy.
I know there's a goal for you, too.
The problem is that you just can't see it right now.

But I am sure it's there.

(the window is probably a lot smaller than it looks. I think it's just the way I took the picture. I tried to be somewhat "artistic" about it, but that didn't happen :slant: )

=

The reason behind why I'm not being out in the open about it is a strange one. For some reason, I feel reserved about this, whereas I've been pretty openabout things online, all things considered. I wonder if it is because it involves someone "under my responsibility", so to say.

Anyway, part of the issue at hand actually has to do with revealing information to other people, so perhaps that, in and of itself, is why I am .......... reserved, about revealing information to other people.

Essentially what happened is I was talking with someone (person B) about something that was slightly bothering me.
But then that person blurted it out at a very bad time infront of the very person (my stepmother) who I was just talking to person B about.

It wasn't super bad, but... it was just a bit of a shock, and since.....
I've really been hesitant when it comes to what information I can let go of and what I should keep to myself.

There is a time, though I despise such occasions, where honesty should be witheld. Metaphorically speaking, if someone has broken legs, you should not taunt them for being lazy and sitting in a chair all day...

Anyhow, that's FH's version of dancing around the subject, for now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom