Stop Me, Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
I was just recently "rewarded" with a nice, but nothing substantial, increase of my credit limit by my credit card company. Since then, I have done a fair amount of spending, including:

- an early-morning spending spree at www.sephora.com ($80)

- Foo Fighter tickets (let's not go there :silent: )

- a cd and two books from Amazon ($35 - free shipping, though, can you beat that? :uhoh: )

- souvenirs at the NBC Studios shop (this weekend in NYC)

... and this weekend I will be purchasing Aerosmith/KISS tix for me mum and I :shifty:

I seriously need help. I go on all the damn time about being anal about my money ever since going back to work last December after a year being unemployed, but then I go and do this shit.

It annoys the piss out of me at times, but then I think "hey, I deserve it after last year", when I felt guilty for just buying shampoo (or other necessities) with my unemployment check. I'm doing ok right now financially, but I'd have more money if I hadn't been doing all this uneccesary spending the past few months. :slant:

:help:

I wish I could help you April but my own lack of self control regarding my credit cards boggles the mind...I'm a really bad influence and need help too :help:

Wanna go shopping? :silent: :uhoh:

I wish I could help, but I have zero self-control about shopping. In fact half of my posts here are designed just to keep me away from amazon.com and hmv.co.uk so I can't spend all my student loans on books and cds.

i just bought something this afternoon...$15 plus whatever shipping ends up being...:silent: plus the new daniel lanois cd this morning...when it comes to music, i have no self control...

So long as you are still able to pay your bills and have your needs met...I say you deserve to splurge a little. You had a rough time last year, and sometimes we just need to do fun things for ourselves.

I wouldn't feel bad about it. :hug:

I do the same every so oftem. It's alright to splurge every little while. The Aerosmith/KISStickets are for your mom, so that's alright. NYC souvenirs...souvenirs. It had to be done. Foo Fighter tickets? Understandable. Come on. it's a concert. How often do you really see them?

So really, your only little splurges were amazon and Sephora. And everyone deserves a treat every so often.

If you really like, try and set a monthly limit on what you're going to spend. DO NOT go over it, even if you really have to. For me, this meant not buying the new eyeshadow and cd in order to afford stoopid monthly expenses like car repair and shampoo, etc (I go on like, a major drugstore shopping spree every few months and stock up).

I'm very afraid of my credit card.

I've been bad with my credit cards lately also :( I 've bought Coldplay tickets, David Gray/Turin Brakes tickets, a few DVDs and CDs, some clothes at the mall I really didn't need, so I was gonna return them, but I didn't...lol. Plus I have had a few emergencies with my pets that cost me about $500!!! My problem is that i'm unemployed at the moment, so I NEED to get a job pronto!!!! Luckily I still live at home so I don't have many other bills. Sometimes I go through a period of time when I splurge for a few months then I don't use the my credit cards for a while. I sorta wish I would have never got them, but then I wouldn't have them when I have needed them in the past, i.e. the pets. As long as you can can afford the payments and still have enough for basics you'll be okay...haha...Look at me giving advice:yikes: :lmao: Good Luck :)

Lori:mac:

well, lmpa...perhaps this wasn't the best place to go for help in stopping :p

but we sure are good at helping in the justification//rationalization department :up:

I guess the rule is don't pay for anything you can't pay off at the end of the month...as if I follow that! :lol:

Seriously though...occasional extra purchases aren't the end of the world, as long as you don't put yourself in a situation where you're hitting your limit or having trouble making payments to bring it down. Of course if those purchases come too often then you may never make any progress on lowering your debt... :slant:

My goal is to be debt free by this time next year. :shifty:

I keep a book where I list down every single cent I spend. And there is a separate column titled "Luxuries" which includes even presents I buy for people. Maybe you should do that.

Then again, your economy needs you, right? :sexywink:

foray

:crack: sephora :crack:

i have a feeling i'll be doing exactly what you're doing. i have all of these repressed shopping urges.

Back
Top Bottom