ordering cheese from the deli can be awkward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
because I always get the american cheese. now, the thing is they ask you which kind you want and you have to specify whether you want the "white" or "yellow" american cheese, since I don't like yellow flavor I feel kinda weird saying to the black deli dude that I want "white american" :|

ah that's a good one wanderer.

i too have been in a similar situation...although even a wee bit stickier: i remember there was one occasion when i was working in retail in which i was assisting a black woman, helping her to find a particular outfit. specifically she was interested in a dress, so i picked out several of the colors that it was available in for her to try on. well, needless to say, it came down to the black and white dress, and of course she had to go and ask for my opinion between the two. i don't know why, but i too felt awkward (especially since i thought she looked better in the white dress). of course i took what i presumed would be the safe route and claimed that i was indifferent. :shrug:

weird shit. but it's not like i was deciding on something i had to take home and eat.

Last edited:
I have a good one. My nephew was like, 3 or something at the time and was at St. Louis Blues game with my brother. Well, the players wear the white jersey's at home games and thats pretty much all my nephew knew about hockey.

So going into a commercial break some camera guy spots my nephew and on live tv he says to him, "Who's your favorite hockey team" expecting him to be really cute and funny and say, "The Blues!" and instead (again, on LIVE TV) he yells into the mic,

"I only like white people".

Camera pans to my brother who is now the whitest person in the arena because all of the blood has run out of his face. Silence.

:scream:

U2SavesTheWorld said:
I have a good one. My nephew was like, 3 or something at the time and was at St. Louis Blues game with my brother. Well, the players wear the white jersey's at home games and thats pretty much all my nephew knew about hockey.

So going into a commercial break some camera guy spots my nephew and on live tv he says to him, "Who's your favorite hockey team" expecting him to be really cute and funny and say, "The Blues!" and instead (again, on LIVE TV) he yells into the mic,

"I only like white people".

Camera pans to my brother who is now the whitest person in the arena because all of the blood has run out of his face. Silence.

:scream:

:shocked:

oh dear..

you're on a role.

delis are just scary anyway cos i have a tendency to answer 'yes' when they ask what i want on my sandwich.

it ain't easy bein yellow

So what's wrong wit yellow?

hmrhands.gif

That St. Louis Blues story was rather scary. I feel sorry for your brother, U2SavesTheWorld. I know I would have been ready to just fall over as well.

Back
Top Bottom