My U2-ey Xmas gift has sat unused

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvox

Ghost of Love
...since the day I got it..

and it's the Joshua Tree box set..since it's been remastered I don't want to listen to it on any old stereo, and since I won't be near mine for a bit, I've left it unopened

and the DVD..same deal, I don't want to watch it on some shit TV that isn't hooked up to a nice amplifier, so I haven't watched that yet either.

So I have no clue what anyone is talking about in any of the JT re-release related threads..

:sad:

(but that will change soon as I get home :wink: )

Meh, the mix is pretty discernible on even standard quality ear buds. Not much change in the stereo separation, but the individual parts of many songs are much clearer.

That said, it's a pretty special release and I can see that you'd want to save it for a good system.

I bought it the day it came out and still haven't listened to it.

I watched the concert and that was that. :der:

Canadiens1160 said:
Meh, the mix is pretty discernible on even standard quality ear buds. Not much change in the stereo separation, but the individual parts of many songs are much clearer.

That said, it's a pretty special release and I can see that you'd want to save it for a good system.

I hear you - and believe you about the ear buds if plugged into a CD player, for sure...but right now (because I'm away) the only way to listen to it would be to convert to mp3 and listen to it on a lower grade mp3 player plugged into a rather mediocre factory Honda car system...

now you can tell why that would be simply unacceptable!!! :wink:

Glad it's not just me, Meggie. I was just thinking the exact same thing :lol:

I'm guessing some other stuff has probably been released since the Bomb album, but I haven't been aware of it. I might have a wander over to EYKIW and update myself a wee bit :uhoh:

I need to go get that. I got it supercheap off itunes, but I want the dvd!

I have the U218 album from over a year ago, and still haven't heard the two "new" songs on it.

:reject:

BonoManiac said:
^ Ok, but do so at your own risk! A word of warning first: don't browse through EYKIW on an empty stomach. You may get a craving for potato chips or melontini's!
I thought you'd just want an empty stomach so it's not so bad when you wretch at all the ridiculous thread content in there :|

melon said:
I have the U218 album from over a year ago, and still haven't heard the two "new" songs on it.

:reject:

Wow. That's pretty sad, actually. A lot of people on here hate Window in the Skies, but I love it.

I haven't listened/watched the box set either, because I haven't been in a JT era mood lately :shrug:

I got the super deluxe JT set for my birthday and I watched the dvd right away.....had seen most of that footage aready but enjoyed it all the same. The cd is great too. But then I can't get enough U2!

Man it really is. And I really love the extra songs, I had deliberately avoided listening to electronic versions that were floating around (and for me that wasn't easy lol). They have alot of soul and funk in them, I really like them. Do I think they should have been part of JT? Well maybe not, but I can think of one or more tracks on the b-sides best of 80s that I would drop in their favor! Some great stuff there...

Back
Top Bottom