My biggest secret ever....well, not really...but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Its 8.35pm Sunday, and once again I am dreading going to work.

I hate my job, I hate my lack of career path. I temp. The only purpose that serves is the pay is awesome and I can leave a job whenever I get sick of it. But apart from that, I want a regular job that is satisfying. Pays well. And nice staff. Its not too much to ask for. But I dont have a clue about what I want to do. Actually I do know, but I cant do it at this stage of my life. So in the meantime I have to suffer through endless days of bullshit just to pay my bills. My biggest grip roght now is that I commited til March to this fucked up company that wont give ANYONE time off at xmas, has an 'exception for exceptional people' policy, can you BELIEVE that??? wtf? WPA my arse! Anyway, that I can live with. My stats are 100% daily. But I could get asked to leave at any given time because I may not fit the 'excpetional' criteria. I am not going to kiss any one's arse to keep such a lack lustre job. I am pleasant to anyone and everyone and get my job done, plus 10% extra. Like any job temping I have had. But all for the name of BS in a job I really cant stand...well...
mad.gif

I dont think there is any point to this thread apart from the opportunity to whinge. I am going to try to find some permanent full time work that is close to home as I am sick of seeing the k's racked up on my beloved car.

Argh. Im done. Sorry if you bothered reading this as there is no point apart from a whinge.

that's alright Angie, whining is good

so many wonderful people here seem dissatisfied with their jobs. I dont think an intelligent, kind person like yourself wouldnt be able to do what you want to do. I dont know anything about your situation, but whatever you do, please don't allow yourself to be backed into a corner where you're miserable; sometimes you just have to take risks and they usually pay off.

I hope things work out better for you and you get your dream job, or at least figure out what it is soon
smile.gif

I have faith in you Angela Harlem!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Hey, girl. Let me tell you: you're not alone!

As you, I'm just sick and tired to work in this bullcrap company. But, before I jumped to any conclusions, I had to really think about if I really hated my job or simply I was passing thru a rough time with the daily work.

Now I've decided I really really need to quit because when many factors make you feel uncomfortable on what you're doing, you have no choice but just look for something else, something that can make you feel better.

So, I'm quiting on christmas eve, enjoy my vacation and on January, start with something new.
smile.gif

So Angie, If you think you'll no longer feel good working there, just start to look for a new job. And, if it's just a very rough o though time you are passing thru: Hang there. It's just a moment, that time will pass
biggrin.gif

(((Angie Harlem)))

------------------
*Let the music be your master...*

Houses of the Holy~

Oh, I've been there. In fact, I AM there. *sigh* If ANYONE has any work going related to rocks and/or dinosaurs, or ANYTHING besides beaureaurcratic BS, sign me up! I don't care what continent you're on! GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!
That was a very valid whinge, you just beat me to it.
smile.gif

Big Tankyou Somey, Babygraceful, Ana and Mc Phisto's Advocate. You guys are very kind and smart.

I been having thoughts since my whinge and since reading what you guys have all said (Interf really should have an online advice service, hehe) and have come to a few decisions. The 1st is I'm going back to data analysis. Im contacting ACNielsen's biggest competitor in the N.Ryde area tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I was thinking about this whole work thing and its stupid to be backed into a corner, but so easy to do. Market stats is the only area of work I have ever really enjoyed so its time to go back. I cant do what I really love and thats art history. I will wait till Im an old grannie with false teeth and grey hair before I do that. But in the meantime I can do analysis if I can find work.

Well, I just went off on another rant about nothing again. But thanks everyone. I hope you guys who aree in the same boat can find more positive employment too. Also (((Hugs))) Ana and Baby G.
biggrin.gif

Are you from Aus oz McP's Advocate? You could try your local council for geology kinda work.

Great idea Bev! Can I help? The only things I have to refuse to do are: talk on the phone, client service, clean dunnies, filing, make tea/coffee for anyone paid more than me, and data entry.

I am very good at walking around looking important, I can carry many folders and a pen and look so busy people feel bad about interupting me. And can I have my own office? With a view? Of Pierce Brosnan? Or Nic Cage?

thanks
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom