Listening to the right advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The thought occurred to me the other day. Especially given my easy-come easy-go personality. That I have been taking on board too much advice for every second clown that suggests something to me! Too many people are on the level in thinking that what they do is in the right, I'm pretty sure they might very well be right in certain contexts, but people are different!

The issue here is to choose the person who is coming from the same place as you and going with that.

A lot of people have said that they have been there and then. As far as i see it, advice is only feasible if:

1. They are in the same life situation as you
2. Has a similar personality

That is my suggestion.

I agree with you. Unless it's me giving the advice, and in that case one should always do what I advise, because I am always correct.

Trust me on that. :D

The thought occurred to me the other day. Especially given my easy-come easy-go personality. That I have been taking on board too much advice for every second clown that suggests something to me! Too many people are on the level in thinking that what they do is in the right, I'm pretty sure they might very well be right in certain contexts, but people are different!

The issue here is to choose the person who is coming from the same place as you and going with that.

A lot of people have said that they have been there and then. As far as i see it, advice is only feasible if:

1. They are in the same life situation as you
2. Has a similar personality

That is my suggestion.

I'd like to add as number 3: I ususally allow people with good empathy (and I'm not talking about the drama seeking fakers) to give me some advice as well!

I agree with you. Unless it's me giving the advice, and in that case one should always do what I advise, because I am always correct.

Trust me on that. :D

:up:
Indeed. Especially when people ask me what they should do! If they don't do what I advice I tell them it's my way or no way!

Back
Top Bottom