It's Scary, You think you know someone...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
I wouldnt wish this on anyone...

At work tonight I was just chatting with another nurse I work with. She just got married about 10 months ago - and was with her husband for 10 years before this. Anyways, during our discussion, I mentioned in passing something about a mutual friend that had split with her boyfriend, and she said she hadnt heard anything about it = and added that her marriage was falling apart. She went on the tell me the whole story. Apparently over like the last three weeks - her husband started acting distant and strange. Turns out - he met some other girl and they had been talking for a few weeks. She came into the shop he worked in. Although she knew he was married, she continued to persue him and he caved. Now he swears up and down that nothing physical ever happened - they just talked on the phone and that's it. But My friend is having difficulties believing him. She's just completely and totally blown away. She said never in a million years would she ever have expected something like this. She feels as though she has been cheated on, even though he claims there wasnt. She's feeling betrayed, and although she would like to forgive him - she just fears now that she'll always have this in the back of her mind and will never be able to trust him again. I didnt know what to tell her - I mean, 10 almost 11 years is a long time to be with someone... I dont know if I'd be able to walk away from something like that. Shit, it's not even a year for me and I dont think I'd ever be able to. I hope I never have to go through anything like this. Just curious on other's opinions as to what they think. I just feel so sorry for her, I truly hope things work out ok.:|

daisybean said:
That is really too bad that after almost 11 years together, he would be tempted into straying.

It sounds like the other woman is just an out and out homewreaker.

Yeah... and to boot, the other woman is only 21 - he's 30.

i know what thats like

i left my ex after seven years of marriage due to alot of things that were wrong in our marriage. one of them him meeting a woman on the internet, who is or was married too. they met, had dinner, tried to start a business together. i knew about the business part, but i had no idea that he was pursuing her. i found all kinds of email from her to him, him to her...you get the idea...and when i found them and i was in shock reading them, she called my house and i answered the phone. it took everything in me to keep myself from just tearing into her on the phone. i've known my ex since i was 12 years old. we grew up together. we dated for maybe 2 years before we married. so was it easy for me to leave? in some ways, yes. and in others no, but i would have never admitted it. after 3-4 years of being unhappy, i wanted out. its a long story and its hard to explain the whole situation, i just hope your friend finds peace and happiness in her life in whatever she decides to do. my prayers are with her.

I'm surprised I can trust anyone anymore

I hate hearing stories like this. It absolutely disgusts me. I think being cheated on is the absolute worst feeling in the world. I'm surprised I'm not a bitter man-hating bitch seeing as practically every boyfriend I've had has cheated on me.

:hug: to nellie and she is raging's friend.

That's a terrible thing to go through, especially when you've known someone that long and think they would never hurt you. I met my first husband when I was 16 and married him at 19. I never, ever thought he would cheat on me, especially after we had our 2 kids but I found myself alone at 20 years old with 2 babies, night after night while he "played cards" with his friends.

I accused him of cheating and he always denied it until I busted him cold one night. He had been bending over in the refrigerator looking for something to eat and I noticed a piece of paper had fallen out of his shirt pocket. I waited until he left the room, got the piece of paper (it was in the refrigerator) and it had a woman's name and number on it. I waited until the next day and called her. She was pretty shocked to hear that he had a wife and kids and swore she wouldn't see him again. Believe it not, when he came home that night, he was pissed at me.

Alot of other things caused our marriage to end but me actually catching him was the last straw. I found out a few years later that he had been seeing the girl he was with before he met me the entire time we were married and now has 3 kids with her, but I guess you can say they deserve each other.

I was relieved to get out of that marriage and I like to think that it made me a stronger person who will never let a man walk all over me again.

Last edited:
It has happened to me, and it still hurts, but we are still together. I took advantage of the situation and did whatever I wanted because after all, he cheated. We still live together, but at one point we seperated about a month ago. Then we both realized how much we really do love each other and things have been really great since. If he did it again I would definitely leave him and take him for all he's got... :yes: ! We have a son together and it would be hard to leave, but why bring him up in a unfaithful relationship? I was really hard for me to get over it. It happened years ago, but he has shown me that he was really sorry and regretful for what he had done. Maybe it will be great the rest of our lives, maybe not, but I've learned to just enjoy the moment now.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Exactly, this is why I never watch talk shows. The woman who's been wronged will almost always go after the "homewrecker", then stand by her bastard of a lying, cheating husband/boyfriend.

:yell:

Ugh...it's so disgusting, isn't it?

I have someone in my family (a male) who has left his wife and 2 year old son for another woman 3 times in the past year. She keeps taking him back, even after he brings the "other woman" to family functions one time and his wife another time :confused:

I hate being in the middle, especially when "the other woman" starts talking smack about his wife, who I'm still close to.

He left his wife for good (ha!) in May and this chick is having a birthday party for the poor little boy caught in the middle this weekend (trying to outdo his mom) and I have to grit my teeth and go with a smile :yuck:

I can't understand why either one of these women takes him back time after time. :shrug:

Bono's American Wife said:

I was relieved to get out of that marriage and I like to think that it made me a stronger person who will never let a man walk all over me again.

same with me, i was so relieved that i was out of there, all i could think of was just starting a new life with my daughter. being single has made me stronger, and more independent. i still have some ways to go, but i'll get there:up:

thanks for the hug sicy:hug:

Back
Top Bottom