I have a severe issue with procrastination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For Honor

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I shouldn't even be writing this.
But I will try to keep it brief

I don't know what it is, but schoolwork seems so of such little importance. Yes, I am a senior in the 4rth quarter of highschool, and basically have college set up.

But still.... I am becoming everything I hated. Everything I never was... I have far more social mastery than I did years ago, but since two years ago, my work ethic has declined. Somehow, my grades have stayed consistant throughout. But this is an issue, because I know this is something I have control over, and I'm letting myself down every day. I preach maturity and responsability, yet I don't get my work done in an appropriate way. I'm taking college courses and I am acting like a really bad college freshmen who is about to get expelled. (I don't drink or things like that, I just waste time like it's my purpose on earth).

And it makes me mad, because I find other things worthy to do, but the whole time, I know I should be doing something else. It's a willpowerthing, I think, and that disturbs me most....

How have I become the thing I most thouroughly did not want to be? I'm all instinct and intuition, which is fine, but my work ethic is nowhere to be found. I look for motivation deep inside, and I find it, but it doesn't manifest. And that's such BS, because you don't need motivation to do something.

I can't seem connect any value to what I am doing, and I think that is the problem.
I know what to do, and how to do it, I just am not doing it.

Maybe by having written all this, that will be a cue enough for me.

Ugh... I'm sounding like a person that I cannot deal with....

please, be sure to use keywords like "immaturity" in your response if you are kind enough to leave one
Thanks for your time, as always...

(maybe I should take a break from intereference for a few days... or the internet all together)

Last edited:
It's so stupid, too, because it took me such a small amount of time to do the thing I needed to do, and we've had about 3 weeks to do it.

But I have to find a way so that I get it taken care of sooner...

It's such a small and petty thing, petty subject...
But it can easily get out of hand...

For Honor said:
I just waste time like it's my purpose on earth

"it's never too late to procrastinate" :wink:

i wouldn't worry too much. sounds like you've got yourself a bad case of senior-itis, which is perfectly normal. it's your last year of high school. enjoy it.

There's nothing wrong with you. It's all perfectly natural. Enjoy it. When you get to college, you will definitely re-find your motivation. I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm a college senior who is graduating in May. I can't get anything done either. Even though you may feel disappointed with yourself now, don't let it frazzle you. When I look back on the spring of my senior year, I just remember all the fun I had. You will regain motivation. You're just in a normal stage of school life.

Well, thanks

And I hope so.....

It just seems so strange, though, because it's like a psychological thing. I don't really like it.

But at the same time, I know the truth is that what I am doing has very little impact, meaning. And when things are like that, it just turns me off from trying . But then it becomes a question of character and stuff, and I know the choices I can make.

but yes, it is common, a lot of people are talking about it as being a senior. It just bothers me, and it's silly, because I shouldn't concern myself with it.

I know what I'm doing, so I should at least own my actions and accept the consequences..... I whine too much. And I think that is part of the problem, too.

But I guess it is also this deep ingrained notion that I never put forth enough effort... and, what I could be/should be...

But I guess I should just listen to some U2 songs...

...It's just a moment, it's time will pass...

Back
Top Bottom