I had sex with a married man.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
yeah yeah, so it it me he is married to...damn those misleading thread titles eh?

But anyways...we went to parenting classes last night. Our first night. I learnt a lot.

Most importantly, that I am the world's biggest frigging wuss and want to call the whole damn baby thing off now.

They split labour into 3 parts, and during the 3rd there is this phase they call transitional, and that is where most women are likely to lose it and really crack the shits and want to walk out. This is also the phase where you let loose with the really bad language and blame the child's father for everything from WWII to the greenhouse effect, not to mention the unbelievable amount of pain you are currently going through.

I think I am going through the transitional phase now though, but I am only 6 1/2 months, not in the throes of unbearable pain. I just dont know which option is the best!! Do I hope for a caesar and and surgery pain with 6 weeks of recovery, or natural where they come at you with scalpels and epidural needles large enough to give horses steroid injections? NOT TO MENTION POTENTIAL DAYS WORTH OF PAIN AND EXHAUSTION??? Oh yeah, and the whole thing rips you apart and they then come at you with a needle and thread and 'sew you back up'. I am not a frigging rag doll!!!

I swear to god, the next person who says to me 'oh dont be silly, it is all worth it in the end' will cop a punch in the head. It is not AFTER I am worried about!

I dont want to do this anymore. This game is not fun.
:|

i saw her a few weeks ago.
i believe that she would bop you one.
youre doing good though anna baby, my other pregnant friend's personailty has changed.
anytime u need to thump someone, just think of them naked with no front teeth, standing in front of the united nations ready to address world peace.

or..tell them how about they shove a watermelon up their jixxy and see how chirpy they feel!

wnaderer, your avatar makes me scared

me: *reads thread title, loses respect for angie*

*opens thread*

*is corrected*

*regains respect for angie*

:D

:hug:

I've never had kids, but plenty of my friends have (yeah, that makes me good to give advice, right? ;) ). Anyway, you'll make it through...millions of mothers have before, right? No need to stress about it now...you'll just upset the baby. Plus think of it this way...when the child gets older becomes a teenager and does teenager things you can always bring up your labor with them. My mom used to say..."I brought you in this world, and I can take you out of it" :D

From what I hear epiderals work wonders :hyper:

I'll risk getting punched in the head, but my friends have said they forget all about the pain once they hold that baby for the first time. not to be gross or anything, but they also said that the ripping/cutting is actually a relief

See that's how much I know about kids/babys/birth.. I spelled epideral wrong.

Sicy said:
See that's how much I know about kids/babys/birth.. I spelled epideral wrong.

No, you had it right the first time- there is a u in there -

epidural

adj : on or outside the dura mater n : regional anesthesia resulting from injection of an anesthetic into the epidural space of the spinal cord; sensation is lost in the abdominal and genital and pelvic areas; used in childbirth and gynecological surgery [syn: epidural anesthesia, epidural anaesthesia]
Source: WordNet ? 1.6, ? 1997 Princeton University

I won't bullshit you..yes, I hurts like hell and transition will make you want to kill someone, most likely your husband. You will say things that you never dreamed you could say to the man you love. At that moment, you will NEVER, EVER want to have another baby.

But a funny thing happens when the baby's head finally comes out...you will have such a tremendous sense of relief that you will "almost" forget what you just went through. And once its all the way out, you will be so busy looking at your baby, you really won't even notice when you're being "repaired". You can tell that something is going on down there but its not extremely painful.

Don't try and be a tough girl...ask for the epidural and enjoy it. I gave a "no drugs" order for my second birth and he ended up being almost 10 pounds...I was an idiot. Don't wish for the C-section unless you absolutely need it. I just had abdominal surgery and it's not pleasant. You want to enjoy your new baby, not be laid up after a surgical delivery.

You will be sore and exhausted and emotional for days and weeks afterward but you're bringing a new life into the world and it's hard work :)

Everything you are feeling right now is normal. And you can go ahead and punch me in the head now...I've given birth twice and can handle almost anything :mac:

My mum loves telling me the story of my birth it was gross!! She was sick and I was 7 weeks premature and she was induced- 13 hour labour- then she nearly got a c-section b/c my heart stopped then her heart stopped- so they pulled me out with forceps and she had 2 have loads of stitches cus they cut her open.....and then she said after that i wasnt breathing and was in a special incubator for a few days- but she said that although it was the worst pain ever she spent the whole of that night staring into my wee incubator thing- she did get an epidural but it was too late but she said it was great cus she cudnt feel a thing

With my bro she was induced cus he was 2 weeks late lol she said he was pretty bad too

Although she went into labour with my sis naturally & she said that was the easiest yet!

Yeh and my friend gave birth to a baby about 3 months ago- they broke her waters with "this thing that looked like a crochet hook" she said most of her labour she just had a sore back and she found it all "quite easy" and she said she cant wait to do it again

Yeh maybe i shouldnt have told u about my mum but she was sick back then but she was talking tonight about how much she wanted another baby

angela, try not to get the c-section. its not worth it unless your's or the baby's life is in danger. I had a c-section and it was not something i'd do again. it took me a long time to recover from it.

Angie!!! that's why i always thought i would never want kids haha
just make sure your hubby shares the pain with you!!!

and no you didn't get me with the title, i knew exactly what u were gonna say :D

anyways good luck?!! you'll be fine I promise. it WILL be worth. go ahead and punch me now, it'll make you feel better!!

oh Angie I forgot to tell you!!! My puppy might be preggie too haha
if she is her babies will be due right about New Years, but we can't tell if she is yet......

anyways, you want me to ship her overseas?? she can bond with you over your troubles :D

Blue_Angel said:
oh Angie I forgot to tell you!!! My puppy might be preggie too haha
if she is her babies will be due right about New Years, but we can't tell if she is yet......

anyways, you want me to ship her overseas?? she can bond with you over your troubles :D

And just WHY is she not spayed, hmmmmmmmm????? You should know better! :tsk:

cos we wanted to breed her! don't worry it is planned parenthood :silent:

don't talk to me about dogs in shelters :(

my mother always said..

"the less u know about what goes on during childbirth, the better."

im 26 and only found out a few weeks ago that u get your period for 6 weeks straight afterward... oy oy oy

Angie :D

Everything you're saying/going through right now is what every pregnant woman goes through at some point, especially during her first pregnancy... at least in my experience that is!

And like others have said - if you can do it... stay away from the
C-section if at all possible. Not only is it a LONG time to heal, but a regular delivery makes the baby's transition to the outside a whole lot easier... chances are with a C-section there wouldnt be problems, but the stages of labor happen for reason other than just getting the baby out! :) I think a lot of people dont realize that a c-section is major surgery because it's done so frequently. And also - while I admire a woman that refuses an epidural - having one is a great option... just remember, if it wasnt safe it wouldnt be offered!

I could go on, but I think I"m boring people. Please feel free to PM me if you want to know anything else - since this is my job after all! :D

I'm adopted; so I was spared descriptive tales of childbirth. :silent:

I am so blessed to be adopted...my parents are the best in the world...as far as I am concerned, they are my real parents. No kiddies for me though, hehehe.

Angela Harlem - I think I have talked to you on PM before. Congratulations to you, and although I have never been in your situation, I know everything will work out for you in the end.

:wave:

At last...I got to this thread

CONGRATULATIONS!! u can see by my choice of colour I am hoping .....hmmm, u may have mentioned you know the sex already...either way It's a wonderful time
but little girls :angel: :heart: :angel:
little boys too:angel: :mac: :heart: :angel:

I thought you already had a child. !WOW! Your first? I remember the anticipation, the excitement , the nervousness...all so new and all so hard to describe. I think each birth experience is unique, the baby makes it's own way really.

Oh Angela, how ever they arrive, it is THE most extraordinary time. There is pain, ( everyone is different but I was thinking maybe the worst ever menstrual cramp x somewhere between 3 and 7 approximately.) You'll be ready, do lots of walking and get fit imho . It sis a bit of an endurance test and for the few weeks after the birth you shouldn't try to be superwoman, so being fit beforehand helps.
Oh matey I could go on...i could write a book I enjoyed it that much. It was wonderful imho. You're very lucky to be doing what you're doing. You and your hub and the people taking care of you during the birth will make the right decisions for you and the baby. It is good to have a clear idea beforehand , how you may react to different things that may occur. it can't always go to plan, but usually does.
I could go on and on and on...I found it fascinating and beautiful and unique and there was so much sense of power about on that nigth/day....my imagination maybe, but that cervix has got to be one Mother of a muscle....I read a book called "Active Birth" because they were predicting a long labour for me ..."ROAR like a lion...slow and sensual circles like a belly-dancer( who are they kidding?) I found it helped...I was born maternal and verbose on paper....

Good luck sweetheart....I'll look forward to the good news:hug:

I felt the need to be sure you realise

:yes: :combust: is my husband.
I know how gossip can be. Hurtful.

another day i will expound on the importance of a sense of humour.....and I'm very serious about that.

mwahaha @ number of replies/views...we are all so nosey!!

I've said it before and it really does need to be said again, Interferencers are very very cool people :D Thanks for your replies guys :)

I hope I dont miss anyone here, you all have such good advice/stories/info etc and dont mind me with anyone who tells me it will all be ok can get a smack in the head! I meant strangers and those annoying people you meet who seem to think they know it all and give you 'advice' when you haven't even asked them...Have I mentioned strangers that touch my belly? Argh!!!!!!! Why do people do this!?!?!?! I can laugh now, but it will make me mad next time they do it. I dont like being groped by people I dont know! Prude huh :wink:

But seriously, thanks everyone. It is good to hear what other people experience, and I did ask, so thankyou. It helps :) We unfortunately cannot be told much about what we will go through (I know no one can) but with the diabetes I dont even have a real due date. Some doctors are saying I should expect labour from anytime after about 4-5 weeks from now, some say I 'may' go full term. As for which birth method, again, we will only know when it happens. Diabetics are apparently more at risk of requiring a caesar than others. Guess we just need to be prepared for either....And yeah, I think I already mentioned how much either option scares the crap out of me!

I thought of sending you a pm She Is Raging, but thought you work with this all day the last thing you want is to come home and find some neurotic PM from a totally clueless person like me!! I am boring everyone here though, so I should probably shut up now hehehe :D

:hug: cass. Your posts always make me smile :) It is a little girl, so you even guessed right!

And Nikka's, please send over your dawggie! I loooooove lil Labby pups!!! She is a Lab right? Or a Retriever? Ahh whatever, I love lil puppies :D

Also senrab, I know what you are saying. My sis is adopted and I know for sure it matters not how you arrive into the world, or any of that stuff. Family is family nothing can ever change that :)

I was going to mention in previous posts ...
THE FRIENDSHIPS
The other women you meet who give birth when you do. I'll try to be brief.....a bit of a sisterhood develops. I was hospitalised before my first baby arrived(they wanted to induce me, i didn't want them to, I KNEW I and the baby were OK) The other women in the maternity word gave me so much support...I'll never never forget that night.
I didn't realise you were diabetic Angie. One of the women I met when my 2nd son was born, had to be hospitalised because of daibetes...don't worry, she and baby are fine. But I realise you have an extra thing to deal with. All the best.

Aww mate I'l say no more...just....a little girl:drool: happy:sad:

PS: oh yes I will....say some more!!
I saw my Balinese friend yesterday. Her baby is due in 4 weeks time. She is the most beautiful woman I think i have ever seen. Six people from her village were lost in the bomb,,,they can't find anything of them. So many of the Balinese people that work on the street outside the Sari Club were killed,, all the beautiful poor girls and boys.
She taught me something. I told her I was so sorry...she said it is OK, things like that happen ( her mummy was a victim of spontaneous human combustion , so she has learned to let go and move on at an early age I suppose) Gory details there sorry, but the truth.

So that's 2 new baby girls soon. I'm excited!!!

Well I believe you need to prepare yourself Angie, 'cos there's no going back baby! :) You're having a baby and that's it! understood? :mad:
just kiddin'. Be calm about it. I know I'm scared of having a baby but that ain't stoppin' me of having one! :)

Back
Top Bottom