I had an...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maggie1

Acrobat
affair. It was magical and helped me through a difficult time. I can't say that I feel bad about it because it was really meaningful and special.

Wow that is a pretty hefty confession.

It's good that it helped you, but I wouldnt make a habit of it :uhoh:

I'll never be able to relate to people who have affairs. My father had an affair once and it made my mom and our lives at home so miserable. I've seen other similar cases all around me. Affairs can never be good, at least not to all the parts involved.

A hefty confession indeed. Affairs broke up three marriages in my immediate family.

Very heavy confession...my family has been busted up a couple times because of affairs. Not cool.

I'm not big on affairs after I have experienced what it can do to a family :|

flaming june :up:

Hope things are better for you now though

Last edited:
Only about 200 of them have viewed this thread Mr BAW :wink:
The whole point of the confessionals is for people to talk about personal issues without being flamed or judged. It'd be a mighty quiet world if we weren't able to open up every now and then and we have to do it where we feel most comfortable. Sometimes the anonimity of the net is a good thing.

I guess some confessions just generate more controversy than others and this topic certainly brings out strong feelings.

The people speaking out most likely have been hurt by an affair so they feel the need to say so...on the other hand, the people who might be supportive of Maggie could be leery about saying so because it might be taken as condoning adultry. :shrug:

Angela Harlem said:
Only about 200 of them have viewed this thread Mr BAW :wink:
The whole point of the confessionals is for people to talk about personal issues without being flamed or judged. It'd be a mighty quiet world if we weren't able to open up every now and then and we have to do it where we feel most comfortable. Sometimes the anonimity of the net is a good thing.

Thanks for your note.

I appreciate the fact that the ability to open up now and then applies to all of us. With that in mind, it was neither my intention to flame or judge; nor do I offer a boo or applause...what I had hoped to bring to the writer's attention was the fact that there were 16K plus members here with the ability to read his/her anonymous thread meaning "nothing is really close to the heart" in such a public forum; the reader can make their own decision. If I have offended anyone, sorry...

I agree with Angela. Sometimes we just need to talk about things. Also, unless you re in a very bad situation it may be difficult to understand why some people make certain decisions. I dont think any of us know what the future holds or what may happen to us through our lifeime. Relationships change and people change. Those without sin cast the first stone.:reject:

I know I sounded very judgemental before. I'm sorry; I don't know what situation you were in that lead you to do what you did. I still feel the same way, but I should have kept my thoughts to myself.

Back
Top Bottom