I feel so mixed up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
For those of you who live in the boston area, you may have read about this in the paper.

As some of you may know... I'm a NICU nurse in boston. Last week, one of our attending neonatologists (who was only 51)was killed riding his bike to work. A garbage truck turned quickly in front of him, he lost control of his bike and got crushed under the wheels. I was on vacation at the time, reading the paper when I suddenly turned the page and saw his face smiling out, with the horrible story of what had happened. I was immediately very upset at the loss of this wonderful man, I cant even begin to explain what a loss this is. This man was the so brilliant and smart, a wonderful mentor, one of the few doctors I've come in contact with that would always take the time to answer your questions or sit down and discuss anything you needed to talk about. Today was my first day back to work after my vacation... and it was just awful. It's unreal how different things feel there without him there.

It just is so scary how quickly and suddenly this man was taken from us. I still dont think it has totally hit me. I've worked very closely with him on several patients and keep finding myself thinking of him and how helpful and smart he was, and his dry sense of humor - making funny comments like how he always knew who my patients were because the cribs were raised up so high to be at my eye level since I'm tall, stupid but funny things like that. It's just so devastating. I cant remember the last time I was this affected by someones death. It makes me afraid of my own mortality... how someone who was so important inthe lives of so many people could be taken like this so quickly.. Not to say taht one person deserves to die before another... it just makes you questions these kinds of matters. Just picture like a wise man who runs a village suddenly dying... and his followers dont know what to do for a while until they come to grips from losing their leader. I know it sounds corny but I'm just so distraught over all this.... life just isnt fair sometimes.

life isn't fair...

I have no real words, other than that was a beautiful piece you just wrote, for whom I am certain was a wonderful man. A nice ode to his memory.

I hope you are able to find some peace and comfort in this confusing and difficult time.

hugs to you.

i'll pray for you and all you know (and you, char)...i can't imagine how horrible it is...but my advice is to remember him for all those he helped..including yourself.

I'm so sorry....

I wish it wasn't so, but I have seen people succumb to the most trivial of ailments, and those people whose problems seemed insurmountable survive. At the risk of sounding callous and cliched, the only reasons I have are:

1. Everything happens for a reason.
2. Everything is perfect in the end.

Small comfort in times like these I know.
But I hope it helps.

You are in my:heart: and prayers.

Back
Top Bottom