I did something that I'm not proud of...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

uwwedoogie

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I know that this isn't gonna earn me any browny points but after talking to someone on MSN about it I feel very bad, and to that person, I'm sorry.
Last night after the whole Mullen4Prez thing, he was talking to me on the phone and asks me to say that his Dad had died, me then doing the stupid thing I agreed and posted it on here, and many people believed it, of course, why wouldn't they, I even had some people email/PM me for Darren because of it, I felt bad after reading those messages but left it lie, and after the conversation I just had I feel worse, I'm terribly sorry for anybody who was upset by this, and I apologise for how it must of made people feel, I have no idea so I'm sorry,

I just thought it would be right, and hopefully make me feel better if I said this.

I see how young you are, so mistakes are more forgivable. Que sera sera.

I think what you can take from these experiences the last couple days is to trust yourself and your conscience more. Basically, if it seems like a bad idea, then maybe you shouldn't go along with it.

Stand up for yourself and always do what you feel to be right, no matter what your friends or family might say to the contrary.

Melon

Might be a good idea to email a few people about this who might not come in this forum?
Just a thought?

I missed this, where did you post this about his dad?

melon said:
I see how young you are, so mistakes are more forgivable.

I hate that excuse. A person at that age is still old enough to know better.

Well, doogie, I appreciate you admitting you made a mistake and apologizing, but there is just really no excuse for having done it in the first place. There are so many people on this forum who have genuine concern for others, and posting that was so manipulative and cruel.

I hope you've learned from this.

VertigoGal said:
it's alright...I'm sure it felt like shit having to admit this, but you did the right thing. :hug:

I'm sure it feels alot worse for those who have actually experienced such a travesty and seeing me "joking" about it.

Well you wont be getting a hug from me. You have done crap like this before, remember the setlist party fiasco? People need to realize that just because they're behind a computer screen doesnt mean that people's feelings arent going to be hurt just the same. The people on this forum genuinely care about each other and its just sick to joke about death to get attention. And if you pull this shit in real life, you're going to lose a lot of friends and hurt a lot of people. You both should be ashamed of yourselves.

:shame:

but seriously, everyone makes mistakes, and when that happens, you did the best thing one could do, which is admit it and apologize. :applaud:

I hate to say it but you should feel sorry. Don't try to avoid it, just take your proverbial medicine and learn from this. The two of you contantly push buttons and maybe you guys should learn that it really isn't all that funny all time, especially when it hurts other people. And the thing is, I know you and Darren are better than this--I've talked to Darren about it several times because I did not want it to get to this point. I question whether or not this apology is even genuine, and it sucks for me to have to sit here and wonder that but honestly, can you blame me after the repeated behavior everyone has seen? I hope it is and I hope you still post...but with a little more sensitivity for others on here.

Sicy said:
Well you wont be getting a hug from me. You have done crap like this before, remember the setlist party fiasco? People need to realize that just because they're behind a computer screen doesnt mean that people's feelings arent going to be hurt just the same. The people on this forum genuinely care about each other and its just sick to joke about death to get attention. And if you pull this shit in real life, you're going to lose a lot of friends and hurt a lot of people. You both should be ashamed of yourselves.
'

I cannot add anything to this. I whole-heartedly agree with everything Sicy has said.

What you did was sick and wrong. There are people on this forum that have lost loved ones or are currently sitting back and watching them die.....but you didnt think about that did you?

I also have to support what Sicy had to say. Doogie, announcing a relative's death is pretty big business so you needed to double check that. Be careful, or otherwise people may manipulate you in the future.

And as for Mullen4Prez, he has no shame in saying that about his very own father. :mad:

:|

I wasn't involved as directly as others, so I guess I cannot make a valid comment on the situation. But Sicy and U2@NYC seem to have a good point.

LoveTown said:
'

I cannot add anything to this. I whole-heartedly agree with everything Sicy has said.

What you did was sick and wrong. There are people on this forum that have lost loved ones or are currently sitting back and watching them die.....but you didnt think about that did you?

Ok, I genuinely mean this apology, I didn't intend to hurt peoples feelings, and I also have close relatives who are edging death, also I was told just last week that my sister "didn't look good" in terms of recovering from a sickness, so its not as if I went to attack people by it...

I stand by my post in your journal. No reason to repeat myself.

No apology accepted from me but that doesn't mean much, does it?

Much like you are just words on a screen to me, I am sure I am the same to you.

You know what? Fuck that. There is a reason to repeat myself so I am going to copy and paste my journal response to you. You copied your journal entry so I might as well copy my response.

There are more then a few people on this board, some of whom I consider to be incredible friends, that have lost a parent.
Its not funny and it makes me sick to my stomach that someone would joke about this.
I'd love to be "just joking" about my father's unexpected death when my mother and I recognize the 3rd anniversary of it on August 15th. Unfortunately, I don't have that option.
As much of an asshole as your friend is, I would not wish the death of a parent on him or anyone else on this planet. Why don't you tell your little buddy that and maybe you can think before you post next time.
I don't talk about my personal shit on the boards but you two crossed a line that should never be crossed.

Hope you "feel better".

uwwedoogie said:

Ok, I genuinely mean this apology, I didn't intend to hurt peoples feelings, and I also have close relatives who are edging death, also I was told just last week that my sister "didn't look good" in terms of recovering from a sickness, so its not as if I went to attack people by it...

if you know how it feels how could you do what you did?

Just the thought of somebody doing what you did and thinking about my own father who is 71, fighting cancer...and...no forget it...I can't even go on that's how much it hurts.

Appreciate it LT. As my close friends can attest to, I don't talk about this shit on the boards. I think this is the second time I've ever mentioned it here.

I actually just thought to myself, "How would I feel if I had posted what I posted above and was making it all up?"

I wasn't off course but I'd sure as shit never show my face here again if I had. I have to give that to you, uwwedoggie, you have some balls. Tact? No. But balls, yes. Nothing to be proud of.

LoveTown's response to me was exactly the problem here. She felt sympathy and/or empathy (not sure of her own life, obviously) for someone in a particular situation and she felt the need to express that.

The people that did read your original post and felt those same feelings for M4P got shit on by you and thats what sucks. Its people like you that challenge this board. This board is MORE then a board. It becomes a second family to some people here and we care about each other. For you to take advantage of that is pathetic.

If I was a mod, you'd be out of here but thats why I'm not a mod. I'm not able to take my personal experiences and feelings out of my everday life like they are asked to do. I guess you haven't broken any Interference rules but you have broken a few "real life" rules and thats even worse.

Edit to say: I posted this at the same time LT posted her second reply. I'm sorry for you Love Town. I wish nothing but good things for you and your family. You are in my prayers.

LoveTown said:
if you know how it feels how could you do what you did?

thats the reason that I'm apologising, thats the reason that I feel guilty over what I did, and I'm not proud of it I said already people aren't gonna like me for it and I don't expect them to, I never asked for anybodies forgiveness I just wanted people to know that my intentions wern't bad, I didn't even have intentions, I was told put it in, i did, do I wish I didn't? Yes, why? becuase I'm human I made a mistake and I'm trying to make up for it, yes it was a big mistake, and I realised that what I said wasn't just "words on a screen" and that people watching behind they're computer screens will see it and be effected, I never once endorsed my behavious and don't intend on doing so. I just wanted to be honest so I can get on with it and try and enjoy whatever I have left on this site.

uwwedoogie said:

thats the reason that I'm apologising, thats the reason that I feel guilty over what I did, and I'm not proud of it I said already people aren't gonna like me for it and I don't expect them to, I never asked for anybodies forgiveness I just wanted people to know that my intentions wern't bad, I didn't even have intentions, I was told put it in, i did, do I wish I didn't? Yes, why? becuase I'm human I made a mistake and I'm trying to make up for it, yes it was a big mistake, and I realised that what I said wasn't just "words on a screen" and that people watching behind they're computer screens will see it and be effected, I never once endorsed my behavious and don't intend on doing so. I just wanted to be honest so I can get on with it and try and enjoy whatever I have left on this site.

Hiding behind your inability to make your own decisions doesn't work. If I can assume you are over the age of 5 then you have the ability to decide for yourself what you do.
If M4P is pulling all your puppet-strings then you should have been banned with him, according to your reasoning.

U2SavesTheWorld, your post was beautifully put. You are right, there are so many of us that feel that this is like a large extended family. Thank you for saying it.

You and all those you care about are in my prayers as well.

U2SavesTheWorld said:

Hiding behind your inability to make your own decisions doesn't work. If I can assume you are over the age of 5 then you have the ability to decide for yourself what you do.
If M4P is pulling all your puppet-strings then you should have been banned with him, according to your reasoning.

i never said he forced me to do it or controlled me to, i said he asked me to and then I made the mistake of going along with it...

i hope you can move on and pick yourself up from this and I hope you are once again happy at interference.

Karma is an unbelievable thing...I hope it's kind to you despite what you have put others through

LoveTown said:
i hope you can move on and pick yourself up from this and I hope you are once again happy at interference.

Karma is an unbelievable thing...I hope it's kind to you despite what you have put others through

i hope so too, but I doubt it, your right I'm not enjoying it at the moment, but then again what can you do to recover such lost ground?

you recover ground by taking a good long hard look at yourself and what motivates you as a person. If it's not kindess, respect and compassion then you need to change that. Only a kind heart and the words and actions that come from having one can redeem you.

People are so quick to accept apologies, it makes me laugh. All of you that 'accept' his apology, what happens next time when he lies about something else? What happens when it directly has to do with you, or a friend? Would you all be so forgiving then? People need to wake up.

Honestly I dont feel saying 'sorry' is good enough and I actually dont think he means it. He's just trying to cover his butt, once again. Because this has happened before in the tour forums. He lied about a set list which caused complete chaos on this board and U2.com and who knows how many other boards. And when he got chewed out for it, he apologized profusely and swore it was a joke and he'd never do it again. Hah! Liers dont know how to stop lying.

And sorry if I sound harsh or 'undiplomatic' but to be quite honest, I'm sick and tired of being diplomatic. It doesnt seem to make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom