Guess what? It's another help-someone-with-a-girl-problem thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
I know everyone probably gets annoyed by these, mostly because there's tonnes of them, but I really don't know what to do here. This is doing my head in. So try, if you'd like, to put aside any grievances, and rap with me. I'll keep it simple.

18, male, there's this girl. We started getting along really well this year, once I'd figured out I had to stop being an idiot. Which I did. She's written me some really nice things here and there. Her birthday rolled around, and I made her this elaborate present packed with inside jokes and the like, and a necklace. She liked it. Message is on her wall, necklace is worn.

She met this bloke at a party. They hooked up and shit, exchanged numbers blah blah blah, but he's a rich little uppity boy. He openly admitted to her (and I knew before she did) that he was "trying to decide" between a number of girls. That should have ended anything there and then. You don't do that crap, you don't keep it going, especially with someone I like. Anyway he apparently ended that, but they never "went out", they were just seeing each other, which she frequently lamented about. Exams came, they agreed not to see each other until after they'd finished, cos they weren't going out. Her birthday came, and I gave the present. He did nothing, not a phone call, visit, message, anything. I assured her well he's got something big planned for your party, a month later. Party was Saturday night, and he didn't show up, no explanation. She was upset by it, I could tell, and that is unfair. Don't know what's going to happen now, I don't think she'll talk to me about it, but I do really like her and there'd by none of that crap from me. It was hard seeing her upset! I'm just hoping that another chance doesn't go this kid's way.

The point of all this is what do I do? Put it this way, if she asked me out I'd say yes in a heartbeat, but we have a pretty good friendship and if I ask there's a huge risk there. School's finished now, so I won't see her as often, which kills me. If I were to ask, I don't know when.. need a bit of time I'd assume. I have to do something. Uni is next. We won't go to the same one. And if I just sit on my hands I'll regret it.

I'm so embarrassed writing all this. :reject: It's only me that can do something. But I just want a bit of advice cos she's I don't know. Special or something. I've never done this or really felt like this before. *hideseyes*

I would tell her how you feel and ask her out. The other guy sounds like a douche and she is stupid to pick him over you. I reall hope everything works out for you.:hug:

Go for it.
What have you got to lose? If the friendship doesn't survive after you express your feelings, then it wasn't a strong friendship to begin with.

Good luck! Don't feel embarrassed about girl troubles. Figuring out the opposite sex is always difficult. :rolleyes:
:hug:

Go for it.

Just do it.

If you don't, you'll never forgive yourself and always keep wondering what if..
If you do it, you got two options. She either says no, it'll be embarassing for a while but if your friendship is strong enough it will survive. Or she says yes. Well, I don't have to tell you what happens then eh? :wink:

It may seem like a risky choice, but if you want peace of mind, go for it. Perhaps try to make a move on her smoothly, like, to forget the other dweeb take her out to dinner or something like that, movies, have fun! She might realise that you like her...

:hmm: or better, go watch a movie at your house or so!(well, be sure the house is empty anyway, parents are a bad factor for this(no offense parents here!))

balls up and tell her how you feel. if it goes well, then fuck yeah. if not, call up your best mates, get hammered, and feel like shit 'till the next girl tickles your fancy. either way, it's all good (getting drunk is essential).

Go for it.

Just do it.

If you don't, you'll never forgive yourself and always keep wondering what if..
If you do it, you got two options. She either says no, it'll be embarassing for a while but if your friendship is strong enough it will survive. Or she says yes. Well, I don't have to tell you what happens then eh? :wink:

It may seem like a risky choice, but if you want peace of mind, go for it. Perhaps try to make a move on her smoothly, like, to forget the other dweeb take her out to dinner or something like that, movies, have fun! She might realise that you like her...

:hmm: or better, go watch a movie at your house or so!(well, be sure the house is empty anyway, parents are a bad factor for this(no offense parents here!))

I couldn't have said it better. Just do it! If you don't, you'll always wonder what could have been, had you asked her. Hope it works out for you, mate! :hug:

The Hell with the other dude. Make like he never existed. Focus on her. Ring her up and ask her out on a real date like dinner or something. Take things slow and be a gentleman. Good luck!

The Hell with the other dude. Make like he never existed. Focus on her. Ring her up and ask her out on a real date like dinner or something. Take things slow and be a gentleman. Good luck!

Choice words.

You're a good and decent guy, Danny. That battle is won. A nice girl is going to really like this about you. Your woman friend already likes this in you. Maybe she will develop the same feelings for you. There's only one way to find out - and unfortunately it's the hard way.

Oh here's an idea why not get up off your emo ass and actually do something about it instead of bitching to all of us. Find your balls and tell her how you feel. Women like a man who is assertive, in control, assured, confident but not too confident - a man who knows himself well but knows his limits too.

But then again do you really want a girl who'd be into a stereotypical rich douche who totally ignores her and treats her like shite?

Choice words.

You're a good and decent guy, Danny. That battle is won. A nice girl is going to really like this about you. Your woman friend already likes this in you. Maybe she will develop the same feelings for you. There's only one way to find out - and unfortunately it's the hard way.

Girls don't want "nice" guys they want assholes.

but given that the guy sounds like a total douche and you have stood firmly by her side offering kindness and support which she is aware of. she may just not like you in "that way", which would obviously suck but she doesn't sound so great if she was into that guy in the first place. sorry, dont want to sound like debbie downer just offering the other less appealing perspective. whatever happens, it's best to just think that 'what is meant to be, will be', that at least helps me.

Not really. Usually only the snotty popular bitches do. Or the percentage of women that are attracted to bad men. They can't help it. It's not genetic, but in about 90% of these cases the mothers of these women also had the same bad taste.

If you seriously think girls want assholes, you really need to come back to reality.

Okay I think the fact that girls generally want confident guys and not pushovers has somehow translated over the years to girls wanting assholes. If a girl wants an arrogant prick, she's probably an arrogant prick too! lol.

Hopefully, bonoz, you are misinformed, as I'll never be an asshole. I get that the popular ones want them (one of my friends, in my italian class, absolute STUNNER, and popular, has a hard-drinking boyfriend you are referring to, he cheated as well, but hopefully not all are like this.

Oh here's an idea why not get up off your emo ass and actually do something about it instead of bitching to all of us. Find your balls and tell her how you feel. Women like a man who is assertive, in control, assured, confident but not too confident - a man who knows himself well but knows his limits too.

But then again do you really want a girl who'd be into a stereotypical rich douche who totally ignores her and treats her like shite?

Oh dear.

a lot of young girls like the "jerk" types.

im not saying you have to be a "jerk" or "asshole", but you trying to be the nice guy friend isnt going to get you anywhere. all she will ever think of you is a friend and nothing more.

you've gotta have kind of an indifferent attitude towards them. teasing and 'neg-hits' work pretty good as long as you dont overdo it. if you do it right, it makes them attracted to you and might get them to chase after you. dont become their little bitch by always kissing-up to them and giving them gifts and shit. once you become their "friend" it's game over dude.

believe me, this works. i had the same problem as you when i was in highschool-first year or two of college. now im almost 24. i said fuck it and changed my approach with women and over the last 2-3 years just at work, i had 4 girls actually "chase after" me, not the other way around. not bragging or anything, just proving the point that having the indifferent attitude and being mildy insulting in a funny way, and maybe a little sarcasm doesnt hurt, works.

oh yeah something else,

for chrissake, do NOT go up to her and tell her how you feel, pour your heart out, ask her how she feels, blah blah blah. i cant predict the future but id guess 1 to 3 of these things will probably happen:
1. it will freak her out
2. it will make her lose any shred of attraction she may have for you
3. it will make you feel worse when she rejects you

as a rule of thumb id say NEVER tell a girl you like her, unless she had done so to you first.

for this girl you seem to be stuck in the "friend zone", so it's going to be extremely hard for you to dig yourself out of that hole. best bet would be start acting more indifferent and work on the cocky/funny thing.

indeed, but id only ask her out after you've stopped trying to be her friend and work on getting ATTRACTION. work on the indifferent and cocky/funny attitude and see if she starts to come to YOU, not the other way around. once that happens then go in for the kill.

and if it doesn't happen, then forget her. there are other fish in the sea. i know it is hard to forget someone you like (believe me i do :sad:), but you gotta do it. dont let that shit get to you. but dont forget the indifferent attitude and the cocky/funny thing!

Its good advice, but one could find that sex and love are not the same, that even though your getting gratification your just as emotionally immature as ever, but on the other hand - sex :hyper:

Its good advice, but one could find that sex and love are not the same, that even though your getting gratification your just as emotionally immature as ever, but on the other hand - sex :hyper:

well the two go hand in hand. you think 2 people that like each other are gonna play monopoly on friday nights? gimme a fuckin break!:lol:

I never implied that, I am simply saying you don't need love to fuck.

It's not a question of like, it is a question of love, now its not some magical state - its the brains pleasure centre altering behavior for a purpose, and it eventually happens as we get to know people. But that feeling is different than getting a girl, having some fun and moving along, you don't obsess over these in the same way as when your jacked up on love. Being a self-confident narcissistic that can throw in a soft insult at the right moment works, I don't disagree, but I don't see it as the same thing.

Having said that it is a number game, as a guy you simply cant wait in the wings. Taking action, improving methodology and trying repeatedly eventually gets results and might help if you do find someone you can stand to be with.

true, but the cocky/funny thing works in both situations, when you wanna go to a bar and just pick up some girl to bang and then leave, but also when you first see/meet a girl and you spend a little time around her and you start to get the 'whoa, i think im falling for her' feeling. the whole point is to show her that you are confident and someone who can make her laugh, which is what id think most women are attracted to in a man, not just for a quick fuck, but also as far as relationships and all that, not trying to be her little puppy dog constantly kissing her ass (not in the good way:lol:) and trying to please her. i think women, at least when they are younger, get turned off by trying to be the 'nice guy.' im not saying you have to be a cocky 'asshole' 100% of the time, but there has to be a balance of being nice and having the cocky/funny thing going on at the same time.

cheers big john, for me it's just been i've never had the confidence to act like that, i guess, having never been an animal. ill keep that in mind though. saw her at grad last night, didnt want a piece of it, so maybe your scenario #1 has cropped up. ill ring and get something going though.

this is unreal, that some of you blokes are seriously of the belief that women like arseholes. come back in 10, 20 years and let us know how happy you are and what kind of lady friend you have.

:cute:

Back
Top Bottom