Eating is the highlight of my day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
I wake up in the morning and the only thing that motivates me to get up is that I get to eat breakfast. Then I look forward to lunch ALL morning and at 12 on the DOT I lunge for it. Needless to say, dinner is very popular with me too. Eating out is my favourite social activity with friends.

I am obsessed with food - it truly is the highlight of my day (except for days when I get to talk to cydewaze on the phone, or if something more exciting is happening). It's not even my weight that I'm obsessed with, although that plays a part, it's just that I LOVE eating...to ridiculous proportions.

Are there more people like me out there?

My problem with food is that I only eat b/c of taste. If I've missed a few meals and there's nothing in the fridge that sounds good, I'd rather drink a few glasses of water and feel full. If I'm full but there's something in there that sounds really yummy, I will try to eat it.

Luckily, now that I'm not on-campus and constantly tempted by startchy dining hall grub, I'm eating a lot less/spending less on groceries. My mom and I both think I look like I've lost a bit of the "freshman 15" and I'm doing an ab workout every night to try and get my stomach back to it's pre-quitting-gymnastics state. I've got some digestive problems so I don't eat breakfast unless it's liquid (like a can of pop, just so I don't feel weak and empty) b/c if I eat anything solid I get really cramped, bloated, etc. which I think is almost a good thing b/c I sit in front of a computer at work so I'm not burning off any breakfast during the day.

I think you know how I feel about food :drool:

The priority I place on it is very apparent in my recent blog entry wherein I put everything I ate in one day in BOLD type :reject:

My husband is 6'5" with a 33" waist. He eats constantly and never gains an ounce. I'm 5'3" and if you read my post in It's Official you know what food means to me. After four children it's a struggle!

I am a bottomless pit. My mom and sister joke that I'm just like Grace on Will and Grace because of how we constantly eat and get obessed over certain foods.

I've managed to keep my weight down in the last year, but it's difficult. I always want seconds. :|

My new obsession is espresso, so hopefully if I down enough of those, the sheer cocaine-like twitching of the caffine will speed my metabolism back up. :wink:

I think I'm the opposite :lol:

I love food and love to eat but sometimes I just dont even want to bother with deciding what to eat.. or I dont have time.. etc.. I sometimes just wish there was a 'food pill' you could take and you'd be full. :|

This conversation goes back maybe 3 or 4 years; it took place between we BAWS and a friend named Mark at a local mexican food restaurant called Pepe's...

Mark - So you guys really like this food here?
BAWS - yeah, we come here at least once a week, maybe more...
Mark - so you like the food..?
BAWS - yeah, just about as much as we love sex!

Mrs. BAW :eek:

Mr. BAW :lol:

That has always been a problem for me :uhoh: In school or work it was lunchtime. Even when I'm home, the highlight of my day is what am I going to make, or which fast food place am I going to drag the kids to today(now that I can't go to the gas station!) Life is dull :sigh:

:wink: Me see...my friend put it this way.."Don't worry, you don't smoke or drink, so you will live along life'! me: 'the problem was never A biscuit, but a pan of biscuits!!":|

Well, as is typical, I am already worrying about what I will have for dinner TOMORROW. I have to eat out, because I have an appointment followed by a function.

Should I have:

Quiznos sub
Salad and sandwich
Hamburger
Pizza
or fast food salad w. chicken?

I am totally stressing! :crazy: Help! :scream:

:laugh: That's true. There is a local place that makes sandwiches, they are very good but too expensive.

But mmmmmmmmmmm toasted tuna with butter on rye bread and mayo and tomatoes....:drool: I am starving!

Ms. April YOU IS BAD!!! :wink:

Mrs. Edge said:
:laugh: That's true. There is a local place that makes sandwiches, they are very good but too expensive.

But mmmmmmmmmmm toasted tuna with butter on rye bread and mayo and tomatoes....:drool: I am starving!

Ms. April YOU IS BAD!!! :wink:

That sounds so yummy! :drool: I won't be eating until after 6:30, since I have a few places to go once I get out of work.

Hehe, I know, Jess. :mac: :angel:

Yep. There's a saying, that some people eat to live, and some people live to eat. I'm Garfield the cat, I live to eat. Food is such a marvelous thing, so many taste sensations mmmmm

Back
Top Bottom