US Politics XXXV: My Insurrection Lasted More Than 4 Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/09...esponds-surprise-arrival-planeloads-migrants/

the GOP is openly trafficking humans across state lines. texas has already been sending immigrants to DC and New York by the bus load.

the irony of course, and what is often missed by these assholes, is that places like the Hamptons and Martha's Vineyard are actually very diverse, working class areas the majority of the year.

and they'll be taken care of significantly better than the scumbags in florida and texas will

One of the migrants, who asked to be identified only as Leonel, said in Spanish that the people of Martha’s Vineyard were generous and that he “had never seen anything like it.” They gave him a pair of shoes.

^Yeah that of course is news around here today.
Sending these folks to sanctuary cities and states is fine, if you send notice that you are sending them so those areas can prepare. But the likes of DeSantis and Abbott think they are proving a point by sending them with no notice and catching the receiving locales off guard. They are proving a point...the point that they (DeSantis & Abbott and the like) are garbage humans who don't give a shit about people and just want to use them as pawns to play their little games.

So surprising that the least religious area of the country (New England) is also the most Christlike.

It’s almost as if conservative American Christians only care about regulating the sex lives of others and ignoring the actual hard parts of the Bible (taking care of the less fortunate).

Also, speaking of being Christlike, here’s your godless babykilling government at work:

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2022/9/14/23352022/child-poverty-covid-tax-credit

Remember: Jesus would be all about forcing pregnancies against the will of the mother, rather than caring for the children that are actually here.

The only worthy child is an unborn one.

On the topic of shipping migrants to other states, while we can’t simply wash away the somewhat obvious systemic hatred for these immigrants, it is fair to say that the federal government should be doing everything it can to ensure the states are capable of managing migrant influxes. Even if that in fact means distributing them amongst states. That’s how refugee status works. Populations are a game of equilibrium. You need immigrants.

So, you know, those massive open plots of land like Wyoming and Idaho and the Dakotas… [emoji23][emoji23]

On the topic of shipping migrants to other states, while we can’t simply wash away the somewhat obvious systemic hatred for these immigrants, it is fair to say that the federal government should be doing everything it can to ensure the states are capable of managing migrant influxes. Even if that in fact means distributing them amongst states. That’s how refugee status works. Populations are a game of equilibrium. You need immigrants.

So, you know, those massive open plots of land like Wyoming and Idaho and the Dakotas… [emoji23][emoji23]

I’d much rather be trafficked to the Vineyard.

Oh wow, just learned that DeSantis filmed the whole thing. Like there were guys with cameras on the plane filming these people as they were trafficked.

That isn’t at all cruel or vicious or nasty or anti-human.

Own those libs!

Oh wow, just learned that DeSantis filmed the whole thing. Like there were guys with cameras on the plane filming these people as they were trafficked.

That isn’t at all cruel or vicious or nasty or anti-human.

Own those libs!

I'm telling you; this is what his barber sees every 4 weeks:

images

Looks like Trump Super Fan and Federal Judge just denied the DOJ request to keep the Top Secret Documents out of the special master review.

stunning corruption

Looks like Trump Super Fan and Federal Judge just denied the DOJ request to keep the Top Secret Documents out of the special master review.

stunning corruption

Yet it’s too late, and the judge’s ruling literally does nothing to help Trump whatsoever.

Wow, also learning that these immigrants were in San Antonio and some woman coaxed them into a bus with a promise of jobs and new houses, and then he sent them to Martha’s Vineyard.

So it’s way, way more than just DeSantis trying to be a dick.

Not so sure about that. This is going to be delayed for years.

Lol no. The ruling is so ridiculous that it won’t take long for appeals to say “no” and the judge that made the ruling is most likely toast.

Also, for the people in the back, the DOJ has already reviewed the documents and can charge Trump with or without this special master! The trump team fucked up by waiting too long to try to get a special master appointed. The damage is done already.

Oh, and the DOJ is also closing in on several other fronts.

I think there will be significant delay from this. Remember that appeals are not a one way street. Best case would be that the SM looks at the top secret documents right off the bat and finds that Trump has no standing to be in possession of them and the DOJ gets to start using them in the investigation.
More likely, Trump team will challenge and appeal every "ruling" or finding from the SM and will tie it up for many many months.
It's also not a given that DOJ's appeal to another judge in a Trump heavy, most conservative districts in the country, will be successful.

I think there will be significant delay from this. Remember that appeals are not a one way street. Best case would be that the SM looks at the top secret documents right off the bat and finds that Trump has no standing to be in possession of them and the DOJ gets to start using them in the investigation.
More likely, Trump team will challenge and appeal every "ruling" or finding from the SM and will tie it up for many many months.
It's also not a given that DOJ's appeal to another judge in a Trump heavy, most conservative districts in the country, will be successful.

It doesn't matter. That's the point. The left media sells on the fear that Trump will get away with this. If you actually look at what's really happening, you will rest much easier knowing that Trump is fucked and it's going to awesome when his mugshot is plastered all over the internet.

It doesn't matter. That's the point. The left media sells on the fear that Trump will get away with this. If you actually look at what's really happening, you will rest much easier knowing that Trump is fucked and it's going to awesome when his mugshot is plastered all over the internet.

to be fair, he usually does get away with it.

Tucker Carlson shocked to find out that Oak Bluffs exists.

The right wing grifters of Twitter’s response to this human trafficking incident is at Baghdad bob levels of outright lying.

Like, “they were deported! to Cape Cod!!!! Obama didn’t even house them all in the house he’s not using right now!!!! Lol, checkmate libs!”

It’s crazy town out there.

Well Trump realized that Qanon was starting to falter a bit, lose steam, and saw an opportunity to highjack it and make his current cult even more batshit and loyal. And this isn't sarcasm or trying to be funny. This is exactly what's going on.

The finger up is the Qanon salute, and I guess he played the WWG1WWA theme song at the beginning of the rally.

Scary fucking stuff. And that lady voice he uses. my god. it is so fucking creepy. And right out of the televangelist playbook.

Also, I'm a little... uneasy about the Special Master judge. Everyone says he's great, a straight-shooter, respected. 95% of me says this is true and all is fine. But, why would Trump lawyers put this guy forward?

Let's look at the current judge. Obviously she was appointed by Trump, but tons of Trump judges have ruled against Trump on voter fraud cases over the last couple years. So they pick her to bring the case to, out of all the Trump judges out there. She doesn't just give some slight leaning toward Trump, she gives a ruling that is laughable and head-shaking to lawyers on both the left and the right.

So DOJ gives her a sweet little gift to be able to save face and acknowledge being able to see the obvious that any first year law student or even non law student could see, and say, yeah, you're right, these are government property, and Trump has no standing at all to have them. all is ok. But no, even knowing the backlash and scrutiny, she goes further and says - well maybe documents the government marked classified actually weren't classified. It's insane.

So something tells me this judge was picked because they either have something on her, or they promised her something, like a SC slot. Because nothing else makes sense. She literally is trashing her reputation on the bench as we watch.

Knowing this - why would the Trump lawyers put up these two choices. One, a ridiculous, not very experienced, not very respected guy, and this straight-shooting, beloved, honorable judge? Has Trump EVER dealt with someone like that?? Never ever. It would be like a vampire holding a cross.

So the "choice" to me, makes it look like they really wanted DOJ to pick Dearie. But why would they ever want that? An honest guy that's gonna take one look at these 100 TS documents and hand em straight to DOJ? Or somehow did they find something on Dearie? I hate to think this way, but the way it looked Trump might have had a better choice of Special Master from the ones that DOJ put forward than this titan of judicial fairness Dearie.

So in 72 hours or so, either I'll know that I was just thinking crazy, or we'll have another week of lawyers on tv saying - This is stunning, I just don't know how a judge like Dearie could side with Trump on this, it defies all logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom