US Politics XXXV: My Insurrection Lasted More Than 4 Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a pretty fucking stupid thing to say about an economic and military ally who we sell hundreds of billions of dollars in arms to.

Not that I condone them, it’s just not a pragmatic way around the problem. MBS is a draconic thug man-child who has five kids with his cousin. They do not share our values. You can both accept that and contest the murder of a US citizen without trying to enforce your word view on them. As shitty as it sounds, they’re still going to butcher their dissidents and marry their cousins and that’s that. Until that stops, we have a relationship of necessity, not of love.

And our love for Phil Mickelson

And our love for Phil Mickelson

Genuinely though I feel like it’s okay to culturally engage at the lower levels and generate change from the bottom up. Go to Saudi Arabia. I’m sure you’ll have a blast. Good people good food good hookah blah blah blah. Our president cannot and should not make them allow women to be able to drive, but certainly if they want our educated women to bring experiential knowledge to their space agency (for example)… well yeah, they’re going to have to open their minds.

Yes in many ways we can't claim a moral high ground, that's just a very depressing reality. But for how long? the US has kissed up to certain countries and looked the other way for nothing but oil. All the more reason to become energy independent in all possible ways.

Think we’re describing Shelbyville with all this talk of marrying cousins.

IMG_2224.JPG

At the grocery store today, someone had a bumper sticker with the usual "Don't blame me, I voted for..." phrase, but had it for Trump.

Yeah, I think I might still blame you.

He also had another bumper sticker that said Trump/DeSantis 2024.

God help us all.

I was in Ohio recently and saw the most insulting bumper sticker I've ever come across. In large letters it said "I can't breathe," and then underneath in smaller print, "unmask our kids." A real case study in false equivalency to compare public health measures against a once-in-a-century disease to brutal police killings.

At the grocery store today, someone had a bumper sticker with the usual "Don't blame me, I voted for..." phrase, but had it for Trump.

God help us all.

There's a house around the corner from me that has been flying a variety of Trumpian flags, he flies 2 at a time, one combo said, "Trump/DeSantis 2024 " and the one underneath it said "Make America Florida"

There's a house around the corner from me that has been flying a variety of Trumpian flags, he flies 2 at a time, one combo said, "Trump/DeSantis 2024 " and the one underneath it said "Make America Florida"
make a large wager with that guy. there is no way in hell that desantis will be trump's running mate in 2024. that's guaranteed money.

Make America Florida? :barf:

CBS News

Washington — Rep. Adam Kinzinger, a member of the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol, said Sunday that the panel's next hearing will "open people's eyes in a big way," when lawmakers detail what former President Donald Trump was doing while the mob of his supporters violently breached the Capitol.

In an interview with "Face the Nation," Kinzinger, an Illinois Republican, said the committee has "filled in the blanks" of what Trump was doing at the White House in the 187 minutes from when his backers descended upon the Capitol building to when he issued his first public response to the attack.

God help us all.

At a grocery store today a guy took his full cart through a 15-or-less express line. He had “TRUMP” tattooed across the back of his neck.

I bet Hillary Clinton is wishing that the FBI would have followed Bill Barr’a and now Garland’s rule about election sensitivities and investigations / indictments

If the DOJ allows Trump to avoid any accountability because he’s running for office, then there is no rule of law in this country and it’s completely doomed.

It really appears like Garland is punting to the DA in Georgia

let's slow down on the freak out.

if you eliminate the four years of trump from the equation - alerting the AG to an investigation of a prominent political candidate, in normal times, is a reasonable thing to ask.

when you look at it through the scope of corruption that was the trump administration, especially after Barr hid the main findings of the Muller report? yea - that's a problem.

all reports over the last few months - the time AFTER this memo was released - shows an investigation increasing in pace at DOJ. this memo doesn't change that.

I bet Hillary Clinton is wishing that the FBI would have followed Bill Barr’a and now Garland’s rule about election sensitivities and investigations / indictments

If the DOJ allows Trump to avoid any accountability because he’s running for office, then there is no rule of law in this country and it’s completely doomed.

I think he's fine with letting the Georgia DA do its thing while he has enough Jan 6th material to make a double album.

Investigating if they broke the law? Gee it seems to me they would be required to save all communication. You know, like Hillary was.

Sounds like some MAGATS in the Secret Service

maybe they could find an agency to help them get to the bottom of this problem.

i have a suggestion...

What types of crimes does the Secret Service investigate?
The Secret Service has primary jurisdiction to investigate threats against Secret Service protectees as well as financial crimes, which include counterfeiting of U.S. currency or other U.S. Government obligations; forgery or theft of U.S. Treasury checks, bonds or other securities; credit card fraud; telecommunications fraud; computer fraud, identify fraud and certain other crimes affecting federally insured financial institutions.

FYH98zVXkAItLDy

but gas tho

Just a waste of time as this is a partisan show trial.

I mean, it’s not like those texts discuss the assassination of Mike Pence or anything.

Right?

i don't think they show that.

i do think they would show that certain people in the secret service were trying to get pence removed from the scene specifically so that he could not return to finish the count.

the dots are already there in previous testimony. one would only need to connect them. i think these texts are the connection - and the smoking gun in a potential trump seditious conspiracy case.

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1549830275227459584

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom