singing U2 songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
hey, my band wants to work on a u2 cover. we started with ONE, but our singer can't sing it worth a damn. he's a beginner to singing, so i was thinking, can anyone name a u2 song that is relatively easy to sing. not pulling off the same notes as bono obviously, but one that doesn't take alot of singing talent to sing. And yes, i have considered Numb might be easy, but not counting that one. haha.

I would think that Love Comes Tumbling would be pretty easy if your singer's voice is deep enough.

hmm i don't know, there aren't many easy U2 songs

Unfortunately "One" is relatively easy to sing by U2 standards (assuming you are talking about difficulty singing the high notes) so your singer will have difficulty with most U2....

Zoo Station and The Fly (Elevation tour version) would be in a doable vocal range.

Running To Stand Still (studio version) and I Will Follow (Studio version) aren't too bad either.

Good luck...

cheers,
Brady

App "Until the End of the World" is a really easy one to sing.

I don't know really because i find that most u2 songs are pretty easy to sing... except maybe the last bits of 'all i want is you' and bits of 'Stay (Faraway so Close)' but maybe thats why i'm a lead singer myself :wink:

i got a band, i sing u2 songs since 1998 and "one" was my first song, it isn't so simple like it may seem, moreover there are some other songs which are difficult to sing such as sunday bloody sunday or pride, but the very important thing is that your singer has to sing with emphasis, he has to feel the song, he has to put his heart in it. it has to seem that he wrote the song, he must be completely in the song... then he will be great not only on one. of course breathe technics are very very important, if he can sing with the diagram then this is good enough the sing every song! take care for your band and of course for your singer!! :wink: if you want not so a difficult song i recommend to you "the fly" or "hold me thrill me kiss me kill me" ;)

Back
Top Bottom