Another AMP QUESTION

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-macphisto-

Refugee
Ok, Ill make this quick

I have a Vox AD120VT and Ive only had it for a couple months but I already want to upgrade, I want better tone, and I dont want an amp that has effects built in, i want a really good tube amp. So what I ve seen so far is the

Vox AC30CC2 - which is a tube amp? I think? and the

Fender 65 Twin Reverb

Im open for all opinions, the amp also has to be loud enougth to gig with, small venues. Or do you think I should even upgrade to a tube amp? Thanks

Last edited:
The Fender line of Hot Rod's are really good and nice on the pocket book too. I had the Deluxe (one 12 in. speaker) and it was quite loud. You can get the Deville 410 (four 10 in. speakers).

Im really looking for the best tone out there for $ 1000, and I need to gig with it? Would the hot rods work?

macphisto23 said:
Im really looking for the best tone out there for $ 1000, and I need to gig with it? Would the hot rods work?

You guys confuse me with your avatars! :)

If you're wanting to spend that much, you could probably go better. I really liked the Hot Rod's tone. It sounded good to me. The other thing to consider is how much processing you go through.

I like Discotheque's suggestion. Mesa's are amazing amps and freakin' loud as hell.

discothequeLP said:
i play through a mesa boogie and i fucking love the thing. i dunno if its the tone you want but its really loud

What kind of Mesa Boogie do you have? I ve been reading up on them and they sound pretty good, I didnt know so many artists use them.

If you can find a vox w/ a blue alnico speaker, go for it. it'll give you a very close sound to the streets/bad type warm overdrive you'd like.

Ive decided Im going for something TRAYNOR, I tried one out at a store and I like it.

Back
Top Bottom