Adams Bass guitar technician (before Stuart)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Edge15

The Fly
Does anyone know who Adam's bass tech was before Stuart?

As far as I can remember, Stuart became bass tech around Zoo TV.

Steve Rainford was Edge's guitar technician before Dallas.

From Page 304 of the book: U2 Show

Band Crew Members:

LARRY MULLEN JR / DRUMS:
Tom Mullally - October tour through Conspiracy of Hope tour.
Sam O'Sullivan - Joshua Tree to present

EDGE / GUITARS
Steve Rainford - War to Joshua Tree
Dallas Schoo - Joshua Tree to present

BONO / GUITARS
Frasier McAllister - Unforgettable Fire to Popmart

ADAM / BASS
Stuart Morgan - ZOOTV to Present

KEYBOARDS
Des Broadberry - Conspiracy of Hope to Popmart

It's possible that Bob Loney, listed as tech - Unforgettable Fire to Love Town (no further info) might have taken care of bass guitars. In the Boy to War era, it's quite possible that Steve Rainford took care of all guitars and bass guitars.

The fact that Bono had a guitar tech makes me laugh. But I guess somebody had to do it.

In old videos, Steve Iredale brings Bono his guitar (this is Stevie, everybody!). Was he kind of the general stage tech back in the Boy-October tours? I read U2 Show years ago, but can't remember. I know Edge really only rotated between his black Strat and his Explorer in those days. Not really a bass guy, never paid attention to what Adam used or how many basses he had.

In the Boy through War era, Adam used the Ibanez Musician and the Precision. So there were not a lot of work there. The Jazz bass seemed to come in during the UF tour.

The fact that Bono had a guitar tech makes me laugh. But I guess somebody had to do it.

In old videos, Steve Iredale brings Bono his guitar (this is Stevie, everybody!). Was he kind of the general stage tech back in the Boy-October tours? I read U2 Show years ago, but can't remember. I know Edge really only rotated between his black Strat and his Explorer in those days. Not really a bass guy, never paid attention to what Adam used or how many basses he had.

It's not that the guy has a lot to do, but occasionally Bono has need for somebody to hand him a tuned guitar, plus he got more then enough cash to burn to hire a guy. And since Edge probably keeps his tech more busy then most so it's not like he could do it on the side.

But yeah, from a guitarist POV it does seem funny.

Oh :sexywink: Why wouldn't he have one?
(I like to flick between you and discohype.. :lol:)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom