What did will.i.am contribute?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
so according to certain videos...will.i.am was definitely in the studio when they were recording...what did he contribute?

I know he definitely did the keyboard in Breathe. I think theres one more song that he did the keyboard in, and I think he did backing vocals in one song as well.

I thought maybe Bono's piano lessons contributed to the piano at the start of Breathe - still trying to figure out where else it contributed.

He definitely helped write the cello part of Breathe
Worked with them on Crazy Tonight, NLOTH2 and a remix of Magnificent(I think)

We don't know what else

Yeah, he's crap. That's why the songs he worked on with U2 turned out to be total crap. :tsk:

Come on, guys, give him the benefit of the doubt, obviously he hasn't messed up and we don't know how big his contribution to the album really is.

Come on, he wrote the freaking cello part for Breathe, and he was probably behind NLOTH2, besides! I'm not a huge hip-hop fan, but this guy has earned my respect.

Exactly, I was just about to mention it.

will.i.am rox da houz.

He is credited for additional production and additional vocals on No Line On The Horizon 2 (so the B-side version).

^ Yeah, I was just wondering yesterday what and who that was in the background in COL. I haven't been able to figure out what's going on there, but it sounds cool.

I don't know exactly, but I feel very pleased by U2 working with him. Hope they keep bringing people from different musical genres into the studio. That always could bring interesting ideas to them.

Is that him on Cedars doing the background rap, juju brought oranges, etc.?
If not him, I've yet to figure out who's doing it. :hmm:
Whetever, he's contibuted and I love this album, especially COL. :up:
If that's him, he's won even more of my respect. Making a rap sound good with any U2 song is near-impossible. Making one sound good with a Love Is Blindness-esque closer? Now THAT is one hell of a feat.

^Well, that rap sound is pretty well hidden in the song. Really don't know if it's him. There must be some kind of info about this in that Liner notes thread.

Back
Top Bottom