Video shoot - New York ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Says u2 tour.de. According to several rumours the band, as well as Daniel Lanois, is in NY. Allegedly they're shooting a video for the new album today. No news yet on where in NY, what song and who's directing.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................................................................................................................................................Interesting. Hopefully more details will surface soon. :hyper:

Which begs the question, if this is indeed true...what about that video shoot they did with Corbijn ? Change of 1st single plan ?

Which begs the question, if this is indeed true...what about that video shoot they did with Corbijn ? Change of 1st single plan ?

Quite possibly....or maybe they're just moving along quickly and they're shooting the second single's video?

but isn't "promo work" usualy done with the band?

Maybe the story part of the video was done in Spain and now they're just making (finaly) parts with the band...

Yeah, maybe they've changed their mind about which song to release as the first single. It seems more likely than this being the second part of the video that was shot in Spain. At least to me. Interesting. :hmm:

Exciting news! Maybe it really is the same video, just different scenes.
Hope more information and pictures will surface soon.

Hello guys! :wave:

Quite possibly....or maybe they're just moving along quickly and they're shooting the second single's video?

I believe It's the second single's video. We're far from realise but the albuns's idea seams be very well established.

In other side.. there's that rumour about the Cadiz video be, in fact, to a promo DVD...

but isn't "promo work" usualy done with the band?

Maybe the story part of the video was done in Spain and now they're just making (finaly) parts with the band...

But... are the band in NY??? :confused:

But... are the band in NY??? :confused:
Danny Lanois will be in New York to initiate half of the mixing process, Bono has been in New York as of last week and if I'm not mistaken both he and The Edge has homes in the city, right? If that's is correct then The Edge might likely be coming around there as well.

Then what would be the point in having half of U2 present in New York to oversee the mixing with Danny? I bet Adam and Larry could be on their way too and therefore they decided to shoot a video while they're all gathered?

About the Corbijn-video:
I know the band hasn't been around for the filming in Spain but weren't there rumours (statements?) about adding them to the video via green screen later in London? That is most likely the video for No Line On The Horizon though but lately it seems like Get On Your Boots will be the first single. This according to the press release for It Might Get Loud and Q Magazine etc.

Which again brings up the question, will there be two first singles or what?
Perhaps they're just still deciding what track they want to release first.

By the way, wasn't Red Hill Mining Town going to be the first single from The Joshua Tree? If so, when did they shoot the video for that song?

NLOTH and Get On Your Boots will likely be released through the (RED) music program, with these videos acting as further promotion. At least that's the way it looks right now.

I wonder if Adam will be directing the new video? :giggle:
(I think I have an idea of what it will look like if he in fact is - the usual mysterious bits and pieces of a puzzle for us to solve. :D)

What if he would upload it to u2.com afterwards :hmm:

Danny Lanois will be in New York to initiate half of the mixing process, Bono has been in New York as of last week and if I'm not mistaken both he and The Edge has homes in the city, right? If that's is correct then The Edge might likely be coming around there as well.

Then what would be the point in having half of U2 present in New York to oversee the mixing with Danny? I bet Adam and Larry could be on their way too and therefore they decided to shoot a video while they're all gathered?

Which again brings up the question, will there be two first singles or what?
Perhaps they're just still deciding what track they want to release first.

By the way, wasn't Red Hill Mining Town going to be the first single from The Joshua Tree? If so, when did they shoot the video for that song?

I'm not shure if They keep their homes in NY, but It's an other question... I knew that Danny was going to NY to the mixing, and heard it said that Edge wold be going too... but Bono was not in a hotel last week? He's not there anymore, is he? (I would like to find somebody who could say me this... the man has just disapeared!).

That's what make me thing that the band is not taking part on this shooting (shoot?).

I believe, as you said, They mind still deciding what song release as first single, especialy because this changes on songs...

There's a precedent in realise diferent singles to USA an to rest of the World, but not the first one... seriously, I can't imagine something like this...

Two videos, two singles...one for each side of the double album.

Disc One: "We Still Couldn't Leave it Behind"
Lead-off single - No Line on the Horizon - a charming, pop-ballad, anthem

Disc Two: "Guten Tag Baby!"
Lead-off single - Get On Your Boots - part of the "rock album" they've talked about making for almost 10 years now.

:hmm: No?

If U2 releases a double album this time around, I'll beat my face in with a baseball bat. And yes, that is a bet.

Back
Top Bottom