U2 To Sell Five Versions Of New Album - One With Almost $100 List Price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@rosebud and dansmee - that's just cheap. Would be cool If would be such a "newbie"" - I saw them for the first time in 92, by the way. I'm pretty old - sadly - and I'm german if you haven't noticed - I know my english isn't very good...

Sorry mate, I didn't mean it as a cheap shot at all. And I didn't think you were necessarily new to U2. Actually, I agree with your post 100%. It's just that the nature of these forums is so argumentative/whiny/bitchy/obsessive/irrational/unreasonable/etc. a lot of the time, that such level-headed posts such as yours can almost seem comical. It's like walking into the NY Stock Exchange and suggesting everybody just chill. It's absolutely right, just never gonna happen.

But again, I do agree with you completely. All the best mate, and I hope you enjoy the forums! :wave:

But again, I do agree with you completely. All the best mate, and I hope you enjoy the forums! :wave:
o.k. I think I get it wrong - I really have to improove my english. But I think now I understand what you meant, thanks for clearing that up :wave:

o.k. I think I get it wrong - I really have to improove my english. But I think now I understand what you meant, thanks for clearing that up :wave:

Well, I don't know how you say "thick skin" in German, but I think you need to have some of that around here if you want to survive. :wink:

welcome to the madness. Good luck!

I think the bottom line is what the Deluxe set will include--If it is HTDDAB style, then it is really screwing the die-hards as they know most die-hards will buy it. If the DVD is amazing and book is amazing then...but if past is prologue then I do not expect the deluxe set to be anything worth the $100 (or even close to it) price tag. For me, if the DVD does not have at least a handful of studio performances, then it is not worth it. I am not interested in a an extended music video.

The thing that really puts a bad taste in my mouth is we all would want the physical DVD regardless of how good it is--and to make the die-hards shell out $100 just for that is taking advantage.

I ordered the box set version. Will recieve it on 27th of February here in Holland:drool:

I always order my stuff at bol.com. It's a Dutch site. They're deliviring very fast all the time:up:

@rosebud and dansmee - that's just cheap. Would be cool If would be such a "newbie"" - I saw them for the first time in 92, by the way. I'm pretty old - sadly - and I'm german if you haven't noticed - I know my english isn't very good...

@rjhbonovox
and perhaps I will also buy only the jewel case - when the other stuff looks like crap. But I'm pretty sure it won't this time, there are too many hints. The main point is nobody forces anyone to buy the expensive versions -
And again: I want them to release more not less! Than you can choose. It's a whole other thing with overpriced concert tickets - with no range. But here you can chosse between 5!!!! options - which a big expand. I hope the concerttickets will also have so much spread (range - I'm not sure with my english :reject:)-

Hey mate, just wanted to clear the air. We weren't having a go at you in any way. The comment was only to say that there is always complaining on here, from just about everyone. Effectively, we were totally agreeing with you. The comment form rosebud was affectionate - she was saying that you are lucky to have avoided the negativity of this place for so long, and that after a while you will definately come to expect it.

Please don't think we were insulting you, and I am really sorry if you were given that impression :wave::up::hug:

Haven't seen this posted yet, but for the Aussie's JB Hi-fi has 3 of the versions listed on their website:

CD Regular - $18.99 Music Games DVDs at JB HIFI Australia

CD Digipak - $23.99 Music Games DVDs at JB HIFI Australia)

CD Pack (Magazine) - $26.99 Music Games DVDs at JB HIFI Australia)

Bad news... March 6, 2009 release date :(

JB often get dates wrong, and also often put stuff out as soon as it is ready.

I wouldn't wory, it will be the 28th. we never get releases late, and why on earth would they do that for a U2 disc? Also, the reason the delux isnt on there is probably the fact that they havent shifted many of the special eds of the remasters. I think common sense wil prevail and they might have a few in each store, and put it online if there are leftovers

So is there anymore detail as to whats in the expensive ones?

I can potentially buy the £40 on as I have play.com credit, I just would like to know what Im paying extra for. I know its a book, poster and dvd, but dvd of what? etc. Guess its a bit early but still, its a bit annoying putting stuff on sale when you dont know whats in it. -__-

First of all, your English is just fine. I can read it perfectly but maybe that's because I'm Dutch ;)

Second, I don't think the "newbie" thing refers to you as U2-fan, but to your postcount or registrationdate on interference. Don't take it personal. I think you made a good point about all the complaining that's going on in here. BUT: as "newbie" you probably aren't aware of the fact that most people come here to complain about the band they love most. It's just one of those things you can't explain :)

So, just continue your positive posts, I think it's refreshing for all those oldbies ;)

edit----
Just saw Dan's post. I was right luckily.

Last edited:
Which Format Album To Buy

Which format available off of amazon.com of the new album are you going to buy:

1) No Line On The Horizon - (just the CD): $9.99
2) No Line On The Horizon Vinyl - (2 LP): $17.99
3) No Line On The Horizon - (CD/Poster/Film Download): $35.99
4) No Line On The Horizon - (CD/Magazine/Film Download): $49.99
5) No Line On The Horizon Box Set - (CD/Poster/Book/DVD): $94.99

I'm leaning toward the box set, but I don't know if I want to spend that much money.

well i got a 20 pounds hmv voucher for christmas so i will be buying a more expensive version than i would have been before christmas!

i will prob be getting a version with the dvd...

The $100 edition is my birthday gift (my birthday is in late February) from my parents.

As much as I complain about how absolutely ridiculous the price is, I'll probably end up with the $100 one. I'm a sucker for this crap, and U2 know it. Bastards.

Am tempted by the magazine one as it comes with a download link to the film, but as that will be on the internet for free right afterwards I'll just get the standard one. It'll look better next to my other CDs.

Back
Top Bottom