U2 seen filming in Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might be doing a live version of the album, start to finish????

Acrobat???
I was actually kind of hoping for something like this...the "full album live" thing seems to be pretty popular these days, and it'd certainly be an interesting bonus DVD.

It would also be very cool if they played AB in full on the last few NA gigs to promote the upcoming remaster...if they're going to be supporting an old album anyway, why not go all-out? :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Maybe they will play the album in its entireity over the course fo the NA leg, then a live album based on the best versions of each song????

I was actually kind of hoping for something like this...the "full album live" thing seems to be pretty popular these days, and it'd certainly be an interesting bonus DVD.

It would also be very cool if they played AB in full on the last few NA gigs to promote the upcoming remaster...if they're going to be supporting an old album anyway, why not go all-out? :hyper::hyper::hyper:

In re. to the spoiler, F**K YES!!!! That would make my life! For those of us with tix to the last few NA shows that love AB would probably just about die. We're pretty much guaranteed a great show already, AB in full would just make things... well I don't really have words for how incredible that would be.:wink: July can hurry itself up and get here already!

I want a 5 disc box set with:

1. Album remaster
2. Bonus disc with a mix of raw, finished and unheard salome outtakes
3. A disc of bsides
4. A live version of the album, every song, start to finish
5. An early ZooTV concert DVD, video clips, documentaries

Chances of this happening: 0%

What we will likely get:

1. Album remaster
2. B-sides disc (MAYBE padded out with some salome stuff)
3. ZooTV Sydney

I would like: remastered album. All the outtakes etc released as they were, not 2011 touchups. Extensive then-and-now interviews. And an indoor concert from the first leg, with Bad.

A bloke can dream!

I know this isn't really the thread for this, and I know the chance of it ever becoming reality is roughly equal to the odds of it snowing in hell, but somebody had to do it...
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING SETLIST IS COMPLETELY, SHAMELESSLY UNREALISTIC AND MAY LEAD TO UNHEALTHILY HIGH HOPES FOR THE UPCOMING NA LEG. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

0. "Triumph of the Will" Intro
1. Zoo Station
2. Even Better Than The Real Thing (360 Mix)
3. One (w/Hear Us Coming)
4. Until The End Of The World
5. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
6. So Cruel
7. The Fly (with extended screen and Vertigo Tour visuals)
8. Mysterious Ways (with the slide solo)
9. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
10. Ultraviolet (360 visuals)
11. Acrobat
12. Love Is Blindness
---
Extended Encore One:
13. Zooropa
14. COBL
15. Vertigo
16. Beautiful Day
17. Where The Streets Have No Name (Popmart Mix)
---
Extended Encore Two:
18. HMTMKMKM
19. Crazy Tonight (Remix) -->
20. Discotheque
21. MOFO
22. With Or Without You
23. Moment Of Surrender
24. Bad/40

I know this isn't really the thread for this, and I know the chance of it ever becoming reality is roughly equal to the odds of it snowing in hell, but somebody had to do it...
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING SETLIST IS COMPLETELY, SHAMELESSLY UNREALISTIC AND MAY LEAD TO UNHEALTHILY HIGH HOPES FOR THE UPCOMING NA LEG. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

0. "Triumph of the Will" Intro
1. Zoo Station
2. Even Better Than The Real Thing (360 Mix)
3. One (w/Hear Us Coming)
4. Until The End Of The World
5. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
6. So Cruel
7. The Fly (with extended screen and Vertigo Tour visuals)
8. Mysterious Ways (with the slide solo)
9. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
10. Ultraviolet (360 visuals)
11. Acrobat
12. Love Is Blindness
---
Extended Encore One:
13. Zooropa
14. COBL
15. Vertigo
16. Beautiful Day
17. Where The Streets Have No Name (Popmart Mix)
---
Extended Encore Two:
18. HMTMKMKM
19. Crazy Tonight (Remix) -->
20. Discotheque
21. MOFO
22. With Or Without You
23. Moment Of Surrender
24. Bad/40

If they do it, I suspect having the album last would work better. How do you keep going after Love is Blindness? Nothing can really follow that....

I want a 5 disc box set with:

1. Album remaster
2. Bonus disc with a mix of raw, finished and unheard salome outtakes
3. A disc of bsides
4. A live version of the album, every song, start to finish
5. An early ZooTV concert DVD, video clips, documentaries

Chances of this happening: 0%

What we will likely get:

1. Album remaster
2. B-sides disc (MAYBE padded out with some salome stuff)
3. ZooTV Sydney
I think it'll end up being a mix of these two...they'd have to be crazy to give us Zoo Sydney again when there's an entire era of Zoo TV that hasn't really been preserved in official videos.
My guess:
1. AB remaster
2. Bonus disc (the selling point here will probably be a couple semi-new tracks a la Disappearing Act and Yoshino Blossom from TUF - perhaps that's what they've been recording at Hansa? The rest of the disc will probably be evenly divided between Salome stuff, B-sides, and remixes.)
3. DVD of an arena ZooTV gig and/or Achtung Baby: Live From Hansa

If they do it, I suspect having the album last would work better. How do you keep going after Love is Blindness? Nothing can really follow that....
Good point! I didn't think about that, honestly. Front-loading the set with '80s/'00s hits would probably be enough to placate the casuals, as well.

Good point! I didn't think about that, honestly. Front-loading the set with '80s/'00s hits would probably be enough to placate the casuals, as well.

yeah and when bands play albums in full they usually leave that segment until last anyway. but holyshit that set would rock.

the "full album live" thing seems to be pretty popular these days, and it'd certainly be an interesting bonus DVD.

Not a bad idea. i am just watching the Primus live rendition of one of their albums.

yeah see that huge "quote" button on every post?

this is u2. we will get less than we want and even less than we deserve. remember SOA? remember the "new album"?
we will however get:

1. remastered album
2. disc of b-side and a few outtakes
3. maybe........................MAYBE, most likely not. we will get a dvd of a zootv show.

I would bet on a DVD of music videos and documentaries more than a live show. But who knows! Maybe it will be all of the above.

I would bet on a DVD of music videos and documentaries more than a live show. But who knows! Maybe it will be all of the above.
Hasn't it been kind of a tradition to include a live DVD with the bigger U2 remasters, though? Also, since Zoo TV is probably one of their best-known tours (if not the best-known), it seems like they'd want to include that aspect of the AB era.

SO EXCITED!!!! Just seeing them in Hansa again makes me so optimistic for some reason... I love the fact that they may be falling back in love with So Cruel, Love is Blindness, Acrobat etc... AB will be on their radar and there's a NA tour just around the corner...:hyper::hyper:

Today Bono sang a bit of So Cruel and apparently other tunes.

Now this is interesting. If there is a moment where they could have stuff like Acrobat, Love is Blindness and So Cruel in their mindset, it is now.

UHm. Wait WHAT?

Bono SANG SO CRUEL?

He remembers the song? :shocked: ANd its lyrics?

:faint:

He even wrote the first verse to Zoo Station on the map of the one Italian girl and underlined the Zoo station, because all she had was a map of Berlin public transit. They say he wrote pretty slowly, as if trying to recall the lines.

He even wrote the first verse to Zoo Station on the map of the one Italian girl and underlined the Zoo station, because all she had was a map of Berlin public transit. They say he wrote pretty slowly, as if trying to recall the lines.

Any info as to what are they actually doing in Hansa studios?

I hope that we will get a Box-deluxe version remastered of AB+ZOOROPA because i can't see & understand a release of AB remastered without his brother ZooropA!!

:sexywink:

when springsteen would do full albums from top to bottom he'd do a few songs before getting into the actual playing of the album. saw him do born to run top to bottom at giants stadium. absolutely epic moment for me.

September 30, 2009
East Rutherford, New Jersey
Giants Stadium
Night 1

1. Wrecking Ball
2. Seeds
3. Johnny 99
4. Atlantic City
5. Outlaw Pete
6. Hungry Heart
7. Working On A Dream
8. Thunder Road
9. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
10. Night
11. Backstreets
12. Born To Run
13. She's The One
14. Meeting Across The River (trumpet solo: Curt Ramm)
15. Jungleland
16. Waiting On A Sunny Day
17. The Promised Land
18. Into The Fire
19. Lonesome Day
20. The Rising
21. Badlands
22. No Surrender
Encore:
23. Raise Your Hand
24. E Street Shuffle
25. Growing Up
26. American Land (with Willie Nile)
27. Dancin' In The Dark (with Willie Nile)
28. Hard Times (with Willie Nile)
29. Rosalita

only time he didn't play a few songs first was when he did The River, which was a double album. the entire first set consisted of the complete double album top to bottom, with the exception of wrecking ball.

November 8, 2009
New York, New York
Madison Square Garden

1. Wrecking Ball
2. The Ties That Bind
3. Sherry Darling
4. Jackson Cage
5. Two Hearts
6. Independence Day
7. Hungry Heart
8. Out In The Street
9. Crush On You
10. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
11. I Wanna Marry You
12. The River
13. Point Blank
14. Cadillac Ranch
15. I'm A Rocker
16. Fade Away
17. Stolen Car
18. Ramrod
19. The Price You Pay
20. Drive All Night
21. Wreck On The Highway

Encore:
22. Waiting On A Sunny Day
23. Atlantic City
24. Badlands
25. Born To Run
26. Seven Nights To Rock
27. Sweet Soul Music
28. No Surrender
29. American Land
30. Dancing In The Dark
31. Can't Help Falling in Love
32. (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher

if u2 decided to do something like this it would be fucking killer. maybe they're thinking about doing it for glastonbury. not gonna hold my breath on it... but damn would that be nice.

Any info as to what are they actually doing in Hansa studios?

Not more than already written. Playing mostly One, making some video shoots, singing and playing some other tunes (but not as extensively) and having a nice time. It's uncertain if they are still here. It's been said they left last night, but then again the crew always said to the fans the band wasn't in anymore.

This is all cool and stuff...but we're drooling over 20 year old songs. We're dinosaurs...

No matter what they are doing related to AB, I would be more excited about something new.

Let's just say they do AB end to end at Glasto...even if it kills people will say that "yeah they were great, but they have sucked since..."

Yeah, Achtung Baby end to end, and then... Vertigo/Boots/Elevation... whoops.

But I really don't think they'll do anything like that at Glastonbury. It will be 95-100% identical to whatever the immediately previous 360 sets leading in are. Almost certainly a very different running order as it requires a slightly different vibe and vastly different theatrics, plus a few swapsies to stack it a bit more in certain parts, but mostly identical.

if u2 decided to do something like this it would be fucking killer. maybe they're thinking about doing it for glastonbury. not gonna hold my breath on it... but damn would that be nice.

haha imagine if they actually DID play it in full on tour (let alone glastonbury - although that would be amazing) I highly doubt it, but if there is one album that would be great played in its entirety its Achtung Baby.
Primal Scream are already playing Screamadelica in full on the Other Stage at the same time as U2 so why the hell not. 1991 Night at Glastonbury :wink:

As much as I would love it - they really shouldn't use Glastonbury to play a 20-year old album end-to-end. Cumon guys, they're meant to be a going concern. If they were to do this it would push them well and truly into Rolling Stones/dinosaur territory.

the "full album live" thing seems to be pretty popular these days, and it'd certainly be an interesting bonus DVD.

Not a bad idea. i am just watching the Primus live rendition of one of their albums.

Please no. I always consider artists/bands playing a non-current album in full (and in order) to have crossed the line into nostalgia. I don't want U2 to be the next ones, they're not about nostalgia. Say what you want about the current setlist of the tour (and yes, I do wish they played more songs from No Line On The Horizon), I don't consider it a nostalgia fest.

Edit: I see MikeyJB was just a few minutes quicker with the same thoughts. :)

Back
Top Bottom