U2 (Minus Bono) playing in NYC Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so disappointed I won't be able to go tonight. :sad: I am glad the band didn't have to cancel the event for such an important cause.

Awesome that Springsteen will be stepping in to play with the band. While I am not a Chris Martin/Coldplay fan, I did see him perform at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony this year. (Can't remember who he inducted) I thought he was pretty good-and he had a great sense of humor.

Regardless, it will be a great evening in NYC!

Curious to hear the song selections but I'm pretty sure Still Haven't Found + Bruce is a lock. I'll be heading up there around 6pm tonight!

I'm happy and sad at the same time about this. Must be hell for Bono to watch it. But still GOOD that it goes ahead for such an important event. I'm sure Bono insisted on them performing despite of his injuries. It will be curious to see now if they'll perform at the Acoustic Christmas minus 1 as well.

But don't get used to the band minus Bono I tell ya :madwife:

Maybe it will be like some wwe storyline and bono will walk in with his arm in plaster and whack chris martin with a steel chair.

Then it will come out that it was chris martin that rode into Bono while he was riding his bike. Chris martin's reasons were that he wanted to front u2 tonight and the only way to do it was to get rid of Bono.

This will lead to a fight at wrestlemania

???

Omg. Write this fanfic immediately!

God... Please don't let Martin do a song I actually like. :crack:

:pray: Same...

Thrilled to know Bruce is gonna be singing with them though! :hyper:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Not liking the idea of Martin singing but the Boss will be cool.

I can't see them playing new songs though. That's still off limits.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Chris martin doing every breaking wave acoustic with edge lead vocal while Chris is piano+ wire (or maybe the entire catalog including b-sides, and even songs that u2 hasn't made yet)

Bruce doing bullet the blue sky+ in god's country

Carrie Underwood doing mysterious ways+ do feel you loved+ last night on earth

And the final performance Kanye remixes the fly+ mofo

Encore: Band-Aid 30.1 (tribute to Bono)

So we know Bruce will do I Still haven't found.. tonight, but trying to rack my brain as to what else he might sing with U2. I could see One with bruce oddly enough. As for Chris, Every Breaking Wave would be nice, as would With Or Without you and Beautiful Day.

Being RED and all that, I think "One" is a lock, with both

So we have

ISHFWILF with Bruce (supposedly)
One with both (maybe)

What else?
BRUCE:
- VERTIGO (Bruce with guitar)

CHRIS MARTIN
- EBW
- Beautiful Day

Or maybe...

I don't buy weekend tickets to Ireland and hang out in front of their gates, but U2 are the only band whose entire catalog I know by heart. The first song on The Unforgettable Fire, "A Sort of Homecoming," I know backward and forward — it's so rousing, brilliant and beautiful. It's one of the first songs I played to my unborn baby.

U2 - 100 Greatest Artists | Rolling Stone

B3zegiXIMAAfjf-.jpg

Will this be televised at all? Or only YouTube?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

Not liking the idea of Martin singing but the Boss will be cool.

I can't see them playing new songs though. That's still off limits.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

No. No new songs. One, ISHF, maybe Stuck. Walk On?

hopefully, Little Carrie Underpants will seize the moment and give us a timely, powerful version of "Bono, Take The Wheel."

I'm surprised she's even performing tbh...she just taped A Country Christmas last night and is doing this tonight....be interesting to see how far along she is with Baby Underwood. (Bono would be all over that baby bump if he was there! )

Anyone want to place bets on how many times B is mentioned? #GetWellBono ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Will this be televised at all? Or only YouTube?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

U2 will perform with Chris Martin at 7:30 pm and at 8:30 with Bruce on espn

But go on YouTube to watch the full the event

And you can also listen to iheart radio

Back
Top Bottom