U2:DUALS Update?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, january is almost over now. No news on any of the songs or dispatching dates for the Duals cd. U2.com is champion in passing deadlines deadlines. All their news is too short, too boring, and so, so not actual.

Ok, january is almost over now. No news on any of the songs or dispatching dates for the Duals cd. U2.com is champion in passing deadlines deadlines. All their news is too short, too boring, and so, so not actual.

I believe the previous two releases were sent out in April or so, so I don't really see the fuss of not having any news now. :shrug:
And as for a champion in passing deadlines, become a member of the Pearl Jam fanclub. If you're lucky they're sending out the Christmas single in May/June. That is the Christmas single for the previous Christmas.

I'm already anticipating a little blurb about "stay tuned for an announcement" from the U2 camp, and it turns out to be the Duals tracklisting instead of new album news. The explosion of frustration will be epic. :lol:

I'm already anticipating a little blurb about "stay tuned for an announcement" from the U2 camp, and it turns out to be the Duals tracklisting instead of new album news. The explosion of frustration will be epic. :lol:
Agreed. WTAHNN has been on the verge of a meltdown for months now. :hyper::hyper::hyper:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww bat$hit!

I like U2. I hope to hear more from my favorite band. Hopefully a snow patrol U2 duet.

hopefully they will be covering black and yellow.

black and yellow black and yellow black and yellow.

my head just exploded.

From that link (repeated here):
Here's the news you've been waiting for: confirmed tracks and artists on 'U2 Duals', the limited-edition CD of U2 collaborations performed and recorded over three decades.

From the Soweto Gospel Choir to Allan Ginsberg, Willie Nelson to Mary J Blige and Mick Jagger to Green Day, the band have curated a collection of 'duals' which highlight the remarkable range of artists they've worked with.

A few of the fifteen tracks have featured on studio albums, but many have had only limited previous availability and some are released here for the first time.

We think it's a pretty special collection and with the finished CD now in production, we'll be emailing qualifying subscribers with details of delivery times as soon as we have them.

large.jpg

U2 Duals - Tracklisting

1. WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME
U2 and Soweto Gospel Choir

2. THE WANDERER
U2 and Johnny Cash

3. FALLING AT YOUR FEET
Bono and Danny Lanois

4. MISS SARAJEVO
Passengers and Luciano Pavarotti

5. SLOW DANCING
U2 and Willie Nelson

6. THE SAINTS ARE COMING
U2 and Green Day

7. SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY (Live from Auckland)
U2 and Jay-Z

8. ONE
U2 and Mary J Blige

9. WHEN LOVE COMES TO TOWN
U2 and BB King

10. STUCK IN A MOMENT YOU CAN’T GET OUT OF (Live at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame)
U2 and Mick Jagger

11. THE BALLAD OF RONNIE DREW
U2, The Dubliners, Kíla, A Band of Bowsies

12. I’M NOT YOUR BABY
U2 and Sinead O’Connor

13. STRANDED (HAITI MON AMOUR) – Hybrid Mix
Jay-Z, Bono, The Edge, Rihanna

14. DRUNK CHICKEN / AMERICA
U2 and Allen Ginsberg

15. AMAZING GRACE
U2 and Soweto Gospel Choir

Nice, though I had hoped for the famed U2/Underworld collaboration. But nice to see the U2/Willie Nelson duet and the collaboration with Sinéad O'Connor (maybe the best song they released in 1997).
It is the usual mix of well-known (and available) song, rarities and unreleased stuff. So no real surprises there.

This is a crappy fanclub gift. Fanclub gifts are for hardcore fans. Any hardcore fan has 80% of this because the songs are available elsewhere. U2 has got to be the laziest group when it comes to this stuff. First they were giving us audio rips of DVDs that we all owned, and things aren't much better now!

I wonder how they define "limited previous availability". "The Wanderer" has been released multiple times, on albums and iTunes, as is "Miss Sarajevo" and "When Love Comes to Town". "Slow Dancing" was a B-side and part of the iTunes box set, and is currently available on iTunes. "Saints" was its own single as well as available on U2:18. "Drunk Chicken" was on the Joshua Tree deluxe set, and is available on iTunes. "Stuck" (not a great duet, IMHO), "Falling at Your Feet" and the Mary J. Blige duet are also available on iTunes. "Amazing Grace" and "Where the Streets" were sent out as a link.

I suppose the songs that would qualify as having limited availability is the "I'm Not Your Baby" duet and the "Ballad of Ronnie Drew". Only truly unreleased material is the Jay-Z duet and the Stranded remix -- and I'm not sure they're worth it (a live version of a 30 year old song, and a remix of a minor track). No real surprises here, which means that either A) we're too good at being fans, or B) there's not much left to surprise us with...

as ussual, U2.com sucks... and U2 too

who the hell thinks they're gonna BLOW OUR MINDS with this stuff?
sure, I'm not a suscriber, but they're making one hell of a job at keeping me being this way: un-suscribed and happy about it

once again U2.com succeding at failing :up:

Bummer, no real surprises here.

I guess the good news is that I've only got about half of those tracks on official CD's, so at least half of this CD is worthwhile. Sort of.

Plus, you never know when U2 is just going to drop another random remix version of a known song in there. Maybe it'll be some strange edited mix of When Love Comes To Town or The Wanderer.

I guess the good news is that I've only got about half of those tracks on official CD's, so at least half of this CD is worthwhile. Sort of.

Same here. I think I have 8 of these on CD. So 7 are 'new'.

Plus, you never know when U2 is just going to drop another random remix version of a known song in there. Maybe it'll be some strange edited mix of When Love Comes To Town or The Wanderer.

:hmm:
The soundtrack mix (from Faraway, So Close!) of The Wanderer with the extra verse...?
(OK, I have that one too, but it is rarer than the Zooropa album version)

Yeah I've got them all already too (unless the Stranded "hybrid" is a mix we haven't heard?). Oh well. Looks like they put just one Bono only track on. Interesting, since there are quite a few of those and some are really great.

Where's Sinatra?!?

I'll bet there were a number of tracks they wanted to include, but couldn't due to legal issues.

Back
Top Bottom