U2:DUALS Update?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For all the protesting by the u2.com camp about how much time they spent on this release, the design and presentation seem to point to the fact that indeed they didn't spend hardly any time putting it together.

just sayin.

Wow how underwhelming. Amazing Grace is just the live version, you can hear the Streets intro being suppressed. None of these songs are rare or anything.

i'm glad i got the jay-z sunday bloody sunday.

the rest of the CD does actually suck. and who the hell uses CDs anymore anyways?

:shrug: some good has already come from this release though... the uproar over the laziness of it has gotten U2.com to put a little more effort into things, what with the broadcasts of shows and more videos and exclusive content and all. which is nice.

perhaps duals will be u2.com's rock bottom, and there's nowhere to go but up from here on out.

my favorite parts of this "release":
The mis-spelled track listing of "Where the Streets have no names"
and the lack of track listing except the inside of the booklet.

any one from the u2.com camp who says they spent time on this is deluded or lying.

I'm sure all sorts of behind-the-scenes work goes into each release. It's just harder to appreciate that work when there doesn't seem to be much value to us in the work. (i.e., they did a lot of work to give us a bunch of songs we already have)

From atU2.com:

atU2.com said:
The next U2.com subscriber-exclusive release is going to be a CD titled "Apologize". It will feature the band reading every single complaint letter they have received over the laziness and other such atrocities the U2.com camp have afflicted on fans. Then, the band members will each give their regards and thanks to the fans.

Following this, there will be a minute and a half cover of One Republic's "Apologize" to close out this exclusive fan-club only release!

:drool: I can't wait :drool:

my favorite parts of this "release":
The mis-spelled track listing of "Where the Streets have no names"
and the lack of track listing except the inside of the booklet.

any one from the u2.com camp who says they spent time on this is deluded or lying.

I got it today. Mine does not have a misspelt "Where The Streets Have No Name" tracklisting. Haven't listened to it yet. Will do so soon. Looking at the tracklisting I did realise that of the 15 tracks there are 7 which I didn't have (or only had a MP3 of). So in that sense it's a nice release. :)

As for U2.com spending time on this release, I also liked the notice at the end of the booklet with regard to the donations made by U2 to several charities (for Miss Sarajevo, The Saints Are Coming, The Ballad Of Ronnie Drew and Stranded). Because those songs were originally released with royalties going to charity and that hasn't changed now that they are on Duals.

I mis-spoke (mis-wrote?) The inner song listing lists "Where the Streets Have no name" The cd track listing that automatically downloads from Grace Note lists it as:"Where the streets have no names"

Just got my copy. (No skipping.)

I've listened through once. The playlist is strange to me. I don't see why the songs are in that order. And man, for a disc that only fans will get - they really only gave us what we already had!

Brings me to my question: Which cover do you prefer? The one with (A) text only or (B) the black and white one with the microphones?

(A)
_u2-dualsb_03.tn.jpg

(B)
_u2-duals_04.tn.jpg

(I prefer B)

Back
Top Bottom