The TV Ad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw it on Adult Swim network during American Dad. Yes I watch American Dad and it is hysterical(Roger is great)!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

For any baseball nerds like myself out there the ad is one that plays regularly between innings on MLB.TV online.

Hard to beat watching your favorite team and getting your favorite band at the same time.

The Miracle has gone from the bottom of the list to one of my favorites. It's a really good song and a good lead single. And the commercial is really cool, I saw it about 5-6 times last Sunday during football. NBC and CBS play it a bunch.

I've yet to see the commercial, but I watch almost zero television.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I like the ad a lot. It has life and energy. I wonder if it will remind all the itunes complainers that Bono is the 'artists' icon on their playlists? :)

I was a little worried that Edge might pull his groin or something during that opening flying kick, but thankfully not. I'd love to see that during the tour.

Sent from my fingertips.

The adverts just been on during the x factor, thats huge right? The highest rated tv show in the uk. Apple are splashing it about. Ive gone from not seeing it at all to seeing it 4 times today

Football and U2 commercial Sundays. I love Sundays. A lot.

It improves an already awesome day. I hope they're going to continue to air it once the physical cd comes out...they can change that last screen with the free download info and make it a sort of "on iTunes now" thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

It improves an already awesome day. I hope they're going to continue to air it once the physical cd comes out...they can change that last screen with the free download info and make it a sort of "on iTunes now" thing.

I cant see them doing this,i reckon as soon as the free offer expires the advert will vanish.

I can be honest with myself, and say that I think this is a great ad, and a cool single.

This is coming from someone who thought that GOYB was embarrassing from day one. I'm not afraid to call the band on bad efforts.

I cant see them doing this,i reckon as soon as the free offer expires the advert will vanish.

I'm thinking there's got to be more than just one commercial and the "free" release of SoI...why else would Apple be paying U2 $100mil? There's more than we know...

why else would Apple be paying U2 $100mil? There's more than we know

Soooo Apple is kinda rich. Like Scrooge McDuck rich.

Like $160 billion dollars cash on hand rich.

Which is twice the cash on hand of the United States Government.

And 10% of the total cash on hand of EVERY CORPORATION IN THE WORLD COMBINED.

So 100 million dollars represents 1/1,600th of their total cash on hand. It roughly amounts to what you or I pay at Starbucks.

There may be more to come... but it's not as if Apple made any sort of major investment of their capital here. It was chump change.

I can be honest with myself, and say that I think this is a great ad, and a cool single.

This is coming from someone who thought that GOYB was embarrassing from day one. I'm not afraid to call the band on bad efforts.

I remember when GOYB was premiered, I hid myself at work for a few minutes where nobody would find me just to listen to it for the first time. I remember I listened to it once, and thought "….uh oh…". I listened to it a second time, and my worries were confirmed… this song sucks. It's going to be a DUD of a single and kill this album's momentum before it's even released. It boggles my mind that the same band who wrote something as perfect as "Stay" or "The Unforgettable Fire" or countless other beauties could write such a piece of crap.

Luckily, SOI has nothing like that, and I love each song!

Aired during the Sunday Night NFL game before halftime. For those outside of the states, this game will be the highest rated program in the country this week. especially because the Pittsburgh Steelers are playing (my team!), they have a huge following.

Aired during the Sunday Night NFL game before halftime. For those outside of the states, this game will be the highest rated program in the country this week. especially because the Pittsburgh Steelers are playing (my team!), they have a huge following.

Go Steelers. ?. And last week it aired a couple times during the game and volcano was played during one of the highlight reals.

Most complaints I see about the ad, on other forums, is that U2 are trying too hard. It's like really? Rock band does rock band stuff. I guess some people are bothered that 50 year old musicians can still be spry and energetic I guess.

Most complaints I see about the ad, on other forums, is that U2 are trying too hard. It's like really? Rock band does rock band stuff. I guess some people are bothered that 50 year old musicians can still be spry and energetic I guess.

Right, the criticism is that they put a lot of effort into everything. Like, they weren't like this at all in the old days when Bono was climbing scaffolding, wrestling his giant white flag away from fans, or pulling women out of the crowd at international benefit concerts. This Apple ad? Fuck, trying too hard.

Sent from my fingertips.

I think the song is the worst one on the album...

...yet it's still decent. The ad is good; the chorus doesn't feel quite as jarring as it does on the full song, and it brings out a lot of the good energy that's in it.

It's a better single attempt than anything on NLOTH, but I think there's better singles (hopefully) coming up. Both California and Song For Someone are great single material; the latter, especially, feels like it could be a real "casual" favourite. It feels honest, accessible and beautiful in its simplicity.

Is the ad still in rotation? Not seen it in the uk for days

Saw the commercial again last night on Adult Swim network.

I would say I've seen it a total of 5x and I really don't watch that much TV

What I like about this song/commercial is that it has a similar punch/hook as Vertigo without the "Hello Hello" and "Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!"

Is the ad still in rotation? Not seen it in the uk for days

Its been everywhere,ive seen it on every sports show ive watched, it was on 5 times during wwe raw. Saw it during the x factor aswell.

Back
Top Bottom