The sleepers of the album are...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEVERLY56

Refugee
White as Snow and Cedars of Lebanon. I hardly ever make it all the way thru to these 2 songs. White as Snow seems very beautiful, very mellow. Cedars of Lebanon - couldn't tell you a thing about it. What do you think? Please tell me why I need to listen to these 2 songs!

White as Snow and Cedars of Lebanon. I hardly ever make it all the way thru to these 2 songs. White as Snow seems very beautiful, very mellow. Cedars of Lebanon - couldn't tell you a thing about it. What do you think? Please tell me why I need to listen to these 2 songs!

Because they're good. :sexywink:

Cedars is on of the best songs they've written. It's so perfectly understated and quiet, very different from anything else they've done. It is so emotive, and the character formation and his story are amazing.

The most emotional part of the album is the final verse, where Bono offers the most prophetic line "choose your enemies carfeully, because they will define you, Make them interesting becuase in some ways they will mind you, They're not there at the beginning but when your story ends, Gonna last with you longer than you're friends" the music fades out and Bono sings the last line acapella, and the album just stops. Poetic and beautiful

White as Snow is better than Cedars. WAS lyrics are understated & subtle, Cedars lyrics are often cheesy (eg. soldier ... got out from the tank)

And they spelt minaret wrong in the lyrics booklet (as minorette), which annoys me a lot.

Cedars is amazing. I liked this song when I first heard it, and it has grown on me every listen since. The lyrics and the story of the war correspondent are great. If you asked me in a few months what my 10 favorite U2 songs are, I would not be surprised if Cedars was there.

YLB!

The sleeper has awakened! THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED!!!

dune.jpg

My sleeper is White as Snow too I like it just don't know if it will be a song I will listen to much years from now or even months from now:reject:
I love cedars its one of my favorites:up:

I admit for now I'm skipping WAS and COL because I'm just a rockin kind of girl, but I am getting more into them and sure I will grow to love them just as much as all the other songs.

great songs, both of them.

So far I only skip over SUC a lot.....everything else is still playin on my Ipod. Listening to it through it right now, Boots is playin. Yes....I actually like their first single.

For me it's Unknown Caller... I still don't connect with the song... good/bad... every time I hear it, I forget how it goes...

This leads me to believe it will grow on me and become a song I love, but it's so complex.

To me WAS and CEDARS are what they are more than any songs on the album. If you don't like them now, you may learn to like them, but you'll never love them.

I've grown to like WAS but I still don't get Cedars :|. I don't like the whole Bono talking instead of singing thing.

Not quite there, but I'm pretty sure Cedars is going to grow on me big time in the future. Maybe Unknown Caller and Stand Up Comedy too, but we'll see...

I've grown to appreciate Unknown Caller more after I watched Linear this evening. That song was my sleeper.

Definitely White as Snow. I like the song, just not as much as the others. It's growing on me I suppose...

I think Cedars is amazing though :love:

Back
Top Bottom