The "Irishteen Clips" *the first recordings of U2's new sound*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
So here we are the first clips of U2's new sound and they're supplied by me :wink:

Edit: Cleaned up, shortened clip

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, thank you so very, very, very much for sharing this. :bow: :bow: Any chance you might go down there more often? :wink:

The Edge is on fire and I hope it doesn't spread in that wind.

my 3rd time listening through...

I think it is apparent, despite the quality, that this is a fresh sound indeed

and thank you very much for your efforts and dedication ! :applaud: :yippie: :hyper:

Was he just jamming little samples or was it fulll lenght guitar and you just recorded little samples of them?

Rob33 said:

haha that's pretty funny :lol:

did you see anyone else with any recording devices?

Not really I think I was the only one unless some people used their phones

Edge played some other guitar parts I didn't record because my laptop died but they were in the same style as the ones in the Clips

Molten Metal for sure :wink:

i've probably listened to it 10 times now...it's just on repeat haha...it's funny how a 3 minute recording of just edge in not so great quality can grab me like it has haha...

the album is just going to be :drool: multiplied by a million

Rob33 said:
i've probably listened to it 10 times now...it's just on repeat haha...it's funny how a 3 minute recording of just edge in not so great quality can grab me like it has haha...

My playcount is 9 and in :54 it will be 10.

It's not chimey! :yippie:

Is anybody else picking up a 70s vibe from some of these riffs? :drool:

My favourite bits are the one that starts at 1:50, and the one that starts at 3:00. Deep, crunchy tones :drool:

And I think someone requested this:

edgefire.gif

Wow! I can't wait to get home and download these. Thanks for doing this, Irishteen!!

This is starting to remind me of 2004.. :hyper:

Varitek said:

Sounds great, thank you! What a team!

Irishteen, could you send everything you got to artdirector and maybe he could see if anything else is salvageable?

I doubt it, most of it was just noise, almost all of the guitar was in the original clip

Still_Running44 said:
irishteen thanks a lot for hanging out over there. Do you plan on going back tomorrow?

Not really, I have college and Hanover Quay is dirty, windy and cold :wink:

The Beach clips at least were recorded in a nice location :wink:

Very cool IrishTeen - thanks!!!

Do you know U2_Neat? Was he there (from Greece I believe). He was at the U23D premier, with video posted earlier in the week. Just curious :wave:

Lila64 said:
Very cool IrishTeen - thanks!!!

Do you know U2_Neat? Was he there (from Greece I believe). He was at the U23D premier, with video posted earlier in the week. Just curious :wave:

Yeah he was there, he was really cool, he was still there when I left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom