The Future of U2 : More Speculation on the New Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
roy said:
Well Edge has already admitted that the beach clips from 2006 are not on the next album. So I guess it's nailed on to be a new departure.

I don't see how that means it's going to be a departure.

bono`no2 said:

u2 will have alot of american influence in the upcoming album.i expect to hear influences of rattle n hum.cant wait

Personally, I don't think so. It was cool for young Irish guys to try their hand at blues-based American roots rock, but as middle-aged fellas, it would completely alienate the younger fans that they have worked like crazy to attract through the last couple of records.

I really think they could've explored that area following R&H. They were really just scratching the surface and were becoming more comfortable in the form. But then they had to go and make a masterpiece like AB and screw it all up. :wink:

Anyway, can't see this one being an "American" record by any stretch of the imagination. They've done Euro, they've done Yank. The time seems appropriate to look global.

my hunch is that the next album will be a minor departure.. like New Adventures in HiFi was for REM. and, like that album, it will prove to be extremely divisive among fans

For some reason my favorite albums from most bands are the ones that are extremely divisive due to the band getting experimental. Like Achtung Baby was, 13 (by Blur), Kid A etc...

Back
Top Bottom