The "boost NLOTH's score on rateyourmusic" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Some of you may already be familiar with the site, but for those who are not, rateyourmusic.com is a site that...well, it rates music. It's pretty great, and it's useful for cataloging your music collection and such.

Well, U2 is pretty much universally hated over there, with everything after Achtung Baby being completely disparaged on a regular basis. I'm cool with that and generally used to that. I know that I'm in the minority when I say that Zooropa and Pop are two of my very favorite U2 albums.

However, the rating there for NLOTH is disgraceful. 2.64/5, which places it well behind every other album they've ever released. It's just a bunch of trolling, really, with only a handful being legit reviews. Since it's already a mess, I figure why not "spam" the section with some NLOTH love?

No Line on the Horizon by U2 : Reviews and Ratings - Rate Your Music

It takes like 5 seconds to make an account, and you don't even have to validate your email. Basically, you can make as many accounts as you want, and no one can stop you.

The fact that you can rate it before it's even released is beyond retarded. Most of those votes were before it even leaked; I remember seeing them before.

I rated it :up: if everyone on Interference rates it 5 stars it'll go up really fast imo

Yeah, it's really poorly moderated over there.

Which is precisely why we can get it up into the high 3s/low 4s before it even comes out. :drool:

Which is precisely why we can get it up into the high 3s/low 4s before it even comes out. :drool:

it deserves it. I want everyone in the world to appreciate NLOTH.

also the comments there are so dumb.

U2 IS COPYING COLDPLAY LOLZ

really? really now.

U2 has to rip everyone off because Boner is too busy saving skinless Peruvian orphans to write original ideas.

Ok, I'll post if it means that much. :wink:

If you guys aren't going to help, we're just going to make more accounts and spam the place. :tsk:

I dig pretty much most of the ratings for a lot of artists, but the bias against U2 is fairly ridiculous.

I think there may be a basic weighting system so that new users can't just vote 5 stars for a specific album (like what we're planning on doing). I think your vote may get more weight based on your total votes. Not exactly sure though.

Edit: It just got about 8 five star reviews, and only went up like .02 points. hmmmmmmmmmm

I think there may be a basic weighting system so that new users can't just vote 5 stars for a specific album (like what we're planning on doing). I think your vote may get more weight based on your total votes. Not exactly sure though.

Nah, I remember people making accounts specifically to tear down the album when it was first placed on there, and it was down in the 0.80 region for a while. Everyone's vote has weight. For whatever reason, it's not updating at the moment.

Edit: It just got about 8 five star reviews, and only went up like .02 points. hmmmmmmmmmm

thats duuuumb

oh well if we make 398567 accounts it won't matter

everyone make like 20

aPod7x, walkoutintothestreet, returnthecalltohome, and PezBeingEaten just rated it :drool:

I guess I'll create an PerezHilton account and rate it with 5 stars.

User's comment:

It's not that it is bad, horrendous and vomit-inducing (only Get On Your Boots is), but my low rating comes mainly from the fact that there is NO originality at all. Itattempts to do all the sounds that sold well between their last album and this one: Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Coldplay, even Muse and a little bit of Radiohead and Sigur Rós. And much more.

U2 is a trainwreck.

:doh:

Now I've created the converted hater U2SuXxxx :lol:

Back
Top Bottom