Speculation: Bonus Track & ITUNES Exclusives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The whole thing seems a bit...crooked. I'm going upstairs to cancel my iTunes pre-order and leave a nice "customer review" on the "Deluxe" edition home page.

~U2Alabama

Oh wow. I just found the Crookers (crooked) Remix on the Fader website and had to shut it down after 8 seconds; my toddler is asleep on the sofa and I didn't want to cause nightmares. Maybe one of the worst molestations of a U2 track ever.

~U2Alabama

So, how do you cancel the preorder if there's no option to manage preorders on the account page?:huh:

So, how do you cancel the preorder if there's no option to manage preorders on the account page?:huh:

It was on my account page. It was listed as a preorder. I pressed cancel. They actually prompted me to download the album as I was signing-in to my account, but I clicked "not now" and proceeded to my account page, where I canceled the order.

Shit, it was too late for me, it is downloading it as we speak :mad:It starting downloading automatically!!!! I am so pissed off, I should've cancelled this earlier.

Yes, it started downloading mine when I went to my account page as well, but I hit stop and exited out, then went back in and started deleting the tracks in the D/L queue. The only one I didn't get to in time was that crooked remix of GOYB, which I have since deleted from my iTunes library after replying to Nicole's earlier e-mail to me (posted in this thread) demanding they refund my partial gift card and cc purchase and delete the transaction. I told them about the problems with their misrepresentation, and also hit a "Report A Problem" button somewhere and left some feedback on the "Leave A Customer Review" page. Hell, they'll probably delete me.

~U2Alabama

Idiotic, completely idiotic on Itunes part. I downloaded the preorder, because I wanted the album and thought 'what the hell,' but still, that is incredibly deceptive.

Yes, it started downloading mine when I went to my account page as well, but I hit stop and exited out, then went back in and started deleting the tracks in the D/L queue. The only one I didn't get to in time was that crooked remix of GOYB, which I have since deleted from my iTunes library after replying to Nicole's earlier e-mail to me (posted in this thread) demanding they refund my partial gift card and cc purchase and delete the transaction. I told them about the problems with their misrepresentation, and also hit a "Report A Problem" button somewhere and left some feedback on the "Leave A Customer Review" page. Hell, they'll probably delete me.

~U2Alabama

Well it's too late for me now, I've downloaded almost everything, since my credit had already taken a hit I though I was screwed, didn't think I could stop it. What a deceptive way to get hard core fans to preorder the album through iTunes, by announcing "iTunes exclusive tracks" and then having those track being utter shit!!!! I am surely leaving negative feedback too.

Well, I wrote to iTunes asking them to cancel the purchase since I have not downloaded yet. We'll see what they come back with.:angry:

Yeah poor call just NL II + the vids, just checked iTunes, really glad I went for the CD, however re: the feedback, uhm it probably won't be as bad as that for U218, I mean ouch those reviews make for interesting and colourful reading.

Also after seeing the digital version of the book, I've decided to not get the box version. Actually I think I might not get any physical version. After paying for the getmusic leak and now for this, I feel really ripped off (I know, no one forced me to buy the getmusic mp3s but was so excited). I just feel that it would be a total waste to pay 70 USD to get what I already have, Linear is so boring and the book is nothing to write home about.

Wait, so some are getting a Boots Rmx and others are just getting NLOTH(2)???

That means I'm just getting one bonus track.... NLOTH(2).... where is the other one?? Linear would not be considered a bonus.... its the frickin' movie!!! :mad:

winter was cut from the album. however, it's featured in the film linear. :)

I added Winter to my version of No Line On The Horizon as a bonus track. At least that's something extra. ;)

Wait, so some are getting a Boots Rmx and others are just getting NLOTH(2)???

That means I'm just getting one bonus track.... NLOTH(2).... where is the other one?? Linear would not be considered a bonus.... its the frickin' movie!!!

People who preordered the album got the 2 bonus tracks. If you didn't preorder it, you just get NLOTH 2.

I don't really care about the physical version. In fact, I think I prefer having the digital book and the video nicely stored in iTunes.

Yeah I am really surprised almost every iTunes 'deluxe' release just now has at least 2, 3 actual audio tracks [acoustic, original, UK bside] as well as the CD tracklisting, usually it's a proverbial "carrot dangling" for the hardcore fans to go pre-order. R.E.M did it with Accelerate, the album, 3 Live tracks, 2 UK bsides for every user and 1 pre-order only live number... I also don't recall them doing this "wait til the last minute reveal" thing.. this erm.. wow just kinda surprised, especially the first album in 4 years...

I added Winter to my version of No Line On The Horizon as a bonus track. At least that's something extra. ;)

People who preordered the album got the 2 bonus tracks. If you didn't preorder it, you just get NLOTH 2.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

I originally pre-ordered it. When I learned that it was available to download... I couldn't find how to re-trieve it. I then proceeded to just download it not realizing that I was missing on the remix, hence the bonus track. This blows.... anybody want to share the bonus "boots" track??? please.... :applaud:

mr.mcphisto93@gmail.com

Ah oh fuck no, it's that bloomin Crookers mix that was the exclusive? ah well no hunting the net for THAT MP3.

^ uhm it's out there on torrent sites just do a Google search.

But it isn't a good mix, costs you nothing I guess though, just watch your ears! :wink:

Shit, it was too late for me, it is downloading it as we speak :mad:It starting downloading automatically!!!! I am so pissed off, I should've cancelled this earlier.

Me too. I feel like an A-hole because I pre-ordered around 10:30. I thought I was going to miss something. :banghead: Well, I never had NLOTH2. Big deal. That remix of "Boots" makes the original seem like "Where The Streets Have No Name". :down: I just find it amazing that they didn't know until after 11:00PM what the bonus tracks were going to be. I emailed them probably 3 times including earlier today. I kind of feel like I got screwed. Oh well, Shit happens. At least I can listen through headphones now.

Bunch of Crap, NLOTH 2 is already on the Boots single and the crookers mix is pure crap, already got that off of youtube a couple of weeks ago so how's that exclusive!!! Cancelled my pre-order just now and I'll just wait for the box set via amazon in a couple of days! BTW..Crookers was not even on my order before I cancelled it and I pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago. ITUNES is great, but sometimes it can be a real wanker!

I have the iTunes preorder and I have a remix of Boots and a different version of No Line. Both are very electronic and funky. I'm digging it. :applaud:

Why are people complaining about the bonus tracks after having pre-ordered from iTunes not knowing what the tracks were in the first place? Hello! Why "pre-order" anyway on iTunes? It's not like downloads are similar to physical CDs in that the store could run out of copies; there's no limit to the amount of downloads that can be sold. If the bonus track titles are a concern then wait until they iTunes posts the track names before you click "purchase"!

In fact, why do people buy from iTunes at all? If you're going to download and not buy the real full-quality CD, then get it album from Amazon's MP3 store - 256kbps, DRM-free, and only $3.99! A much better deal than iTunes.

Back
Top Bottom