Speculation: Bonus Track & ITUNES Exclusives - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2009, 11:30 PM   #181
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:20 AM
The whole thing seems a bit...crooked. I'm going upstairs to cancel my iTunes pre-order and leave a nice "customer review" on the "Deluxe" edition home page.

~U2Alabama

U2Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #182
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Oh wow. I just found the Crookers (crooked) Remix on the Fader website and had to shut it down after 8 seconds; my toddler is asleep on the sofa and I didn't want to cause nightmares. Maybe one of the worst molestations of a U2 track ever.

~U2Alabama

Old 03-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #183
War Child

Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Bama View Post
The whole thing seems a bit...crooked. I'm going upstairs to cancel my iTunes pre-order and leave a nice "customer review" on the "Deluxe" edition home page.

~U2Alabama
Pre-order canceled. I also left some unhappy feedback on the iTunes Feedback page.
ndmaxfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #184
Babyface

Local Time: 01:20 AM
So, how do you cancel the preorder if there's no option to manage preorders on the account page?
rebrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:48 PM   #185
War Child

Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebrook View Post
So, how do you cancel the preorder if there's no option to manage preorders on the account page?
It was on my account page. It was listed as a preorder. I pressed cancel. They actually prompted me to download the album as I was signing-in to my account, but I clicked "not now" and proceeded to my account page, where I canceled the order.
ndmaxfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:53 PM   #186
War Child

Local Time: 09:20 AM
Shit, it was too late for me, it is downloading it as we speak It starting downloading automatically!!!! I am so pissed off, I should've cancelled this earlier.
Cask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #187
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Yes, it started downloading mine when I went to my account page as well, but I hit stop and exited out, then went back in and started deleting the tracks in the D/L queue. The only one I didn't get to in time was that crooked remix of GOYB, which I have since deleted from my iTunes library after replying to Nicole's earlier e-mail to me (posted in this thread) demanding they refund my partial gift card and cc purchase and delete the transaction. I told them about the problems with their misrepresentation, and also hit a "Report A Problem" button somewhere and left some feedback on the "Leave A Customer Review" page. Hell, they'll probably delete me.

~U2Alabama
Old 03-03-2009, 12:13 AM   #188
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:20 AM
I keep seeing something about Winter on here. What track is this album from????
U2Girl1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:14 AM   #189
War Child

Idiotic, completely idiotic on Itunes part. I downloaded the preorder, because I wanted the album and thought 'what the hell,' but still, that is incredibly deceptive.
ShipOfFools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #190
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Girl1978 View Post
I keep seeing something about Winter on here. What track is this album from????
winter was cut from the album. however, it's featured in the film linear.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:24 AM   #191
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Bama View Post
Yes, it started downloading mine when I went to my account page as well, but I hit stop and exited out, then went back in and started deleting the tracks in the D/L queue. The only one I didn't get to in time was that crooked remix of GOYB, which I have since deleted from my iTunes library after replying to Nicole's earlier e-mail to me (posted in this thread) demanding they refund my partial gift card and cc purchase and delete the transaction. I told them about the problems with their misrepresentation, and also hit a "Report A Problem" button somewhere and left some feedback on the "Leave A Customer Review" page. Hell, they'll probably delete me.

~U2Alabama
Well it's too late for me now, I've downloaded almost everything, since my credit had already taken a hit I though I was screwed, didn't think I could stop it. What a deceptive way to get hard core fans to preorder the album through iTunes, by announcing "iTunes exclusive tracks" and then having those track being utter shit!!!! I am surely leaving negative feedback too.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #192
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
Thanks!
U2Girl1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #193
Babyface

Local Time: 01:20 AM
Well, I wrote to iTunes asking them to cancel the purchase since I have not downloaded yet. We'll see what they come back with.
rebrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:30 AM   #194
The Fly

Yeah poor call just NL II + the vids, just checked iTunes, really glad I went for the CD, however re: the feedback, uhm it probably won't be as bad as that for U218, I mean ouch those reviews make for interesting and colourful reading.
ic170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #195
War Child

Also after seeing the digital version of the book, I've decided to not get the box version. Actually I think I might not get any physical version. After paying for the getmusic leak and now for this, I feel really ripped off (I know, no one forced me to buy the getmusic mp3s but was so excited). I just feel that it would be a total waste to pay 70 USD to get what I already have, Linear is so boring and the book is nothing to write home about.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:41 AM   #196
Refugee

Local Time: 07:20 AM
Wait, so some are getting a Boots Rmx and others are just getting NLOTH(2)???

That means I'm just getting one bonus track.... NLOTH(2).... where is the other one?? Linear would not be considered a bonus.... its the frickin' movie!!!
Zooropa man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:42 AM   #197
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
I added Winter to my version of No Line On The Horizon as a bonus track. At least that's something extra.

Quote:
Wait, so some are getting a Boots Rmx and others are just getting NLOTH(2)???

That means I'm just getting one bonus track.... NLOTH(2).... where is the other one?? Linear would not be considered a bonus.... its the frickin' movie!!!
People who preordered the album got the 2 bonus tracks. If you didn't preorder it, you just get NLOTH 2.
ShipOfFools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:43 AM   #198
The Fly

I don't really care about the physical version. In fact, I think I prefer having the digital book and the video nicely stored in iTunes.
yoshjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:46 AM   #199
The Fly

Yeah I am really surprised almost every iTunes 'deluxe' release just now has at least 2, 3 actual audio tracks [acoustic, original, UK bside] as well as the CD tracklisting, usually it's a proverbial "carrot dangling" for the hardcore fans to go pre-order. R.E.M did it with Accelerate, the album, 3 Live tracks, 2 UK bsides for every user and 1 pre-order only live number... I also don't recall them doing this "wait til the last minute reveal" thing.. this erm.. wow just kinda surprised, especially the first album in 4 years...
ic170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:52 AM   #200
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools View Post
I added Winter to my version of No Line On The Horizon as a bonus track. At least that's something extra.

People who preordered the album got the 2 bonus tracks. If you didn't preorder it, you just get NLOTH 2.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

I originally pre-ordered it. When I learned that it was available to download... I couldn't find how to re-trieve it. I then proceeded to just download it not realizing that I was missing on the remix, hence the bonus track. This blows.... anybody want to share the bonus "boots" track??? please....

mr.mcphisto93@gmail.com

Zooropa man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bonus tracks, itunes, itunes exclusive, nloth, no line on the horizon